The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

This ^^^ just made me smile. Get in! Happy for you chap, you're due a break.

Slow down...

Telepath
lets all play speedy-j's a shoking hobby on max to celebrate 2020k's recovery!

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.
BUY MY MUSIC AND SIGN ME: Twenty20k.com

747Music wrote:dont go up there!!! the music is down by the truck!
Forest_Opal wrote:Mexicolas a spooky person.
Josh wrote:Sometimes I would pay money for 1:46 of silence.

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

Holy shit, you've been missing out.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
I'm turning 18 in less than a month! Now I can buy my own cigarettes yehaa

Happy Cycler
A hard way to celebrate; we hadn't been happy in this thread for some time
mechanismj wrote:'Round these parts they would tend to be meatheads and jocks. Never could figure that out.

Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.
BUY MY MUSIC AND SIGN ME: Twenty20k.com

747Music wrote:dont go up there!!! the music is down by the truck!
Forest_Opal wrote:Mexicolas a spooky person.
Josh wrote:Sometimes I would pay money for 1:46 of silence.

Posts Quantity
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Sherbet Head
I'VE JUST EXPERIENCED VR FOR THE FIRST TIME. In my own home with an Oculus Rift S headset. Fired up Google Earth VR and felt..madly emotional and utterly fucking dumbstruck.

Eagle Minded
bungler666 wrote:
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Posts Quantity
Josh wrote:
bungler666 wrote:

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Absolutely punishing.

Dayvan Cowboy
Isn’t seeing people getting moved and inspired by music brilliant?

Even if it’s an artist I’ve never paid much attention to before, seeing people dissecting and deciding lyrics, and excitedly talking about an album is properly brilliant.

Friendly Stranger
Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Eagle Minded
synchrodub wrote:Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Props to you that you can apply such a dramatic shift in lifestyle. Many people wouldn't be able to allow such a radical change! Anything in specific happen prior to that, which made it easier?
"I do actually believe that there are powers in music that are almost supernatural. I think you actually manipulate people with music, and that is definitely what we are trying to do."

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm going on holiday soon! After a shitty year for a number of reasons (including some ongoing shit tbh), we are off to a remote cottage in the highlands for a week in half term and I have never felt more ready for a break. There will be books, whisky and other high quality booze, scrabble, a log fire, walking and an appropriately autumnal soundtrack. Can. Not. Wait.

Happy Cycler
Enjoy mate. Sounds idyllic.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Previous

Return to The Playground