The Happy RANT THREAD!!!!!!!

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

This ^^^ just made me smile. Get in! Happy for you chap, you're due a break.

Slow down...

Telepath
lets all play speedy-j's a shoking hobby on max to celebrate 2020k's recovery!

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Dayvan Cowboy
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE FIRST TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

Holy shit, you've been missing out.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Eagle Minded
I'm turning 18 in less than a month! Now I can buy my own cigarettes yehaa

Happy Cycler
A hard way to celebrate; we hadn't been happy in this thread for some time
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Eagle Minded
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Sherbet Head
I'VE JUST EXPERIENCED VR FOR THE FIRST TIME. In my own home with an Oculus Rift S headset. Fired up Google Earth VR and felt..madly emotional and utterly fucking dumbstruck.

Sherbet Head
bungler666 wrote:
2020k wrote:I JUST HEARD STONE IN FOCUS FOR THE 65544665432211TH TIME AND OH MY GOD IT'S SO GOOD.

I finally clicked with Godflesh today and damn if it ain't the best metal I've ever heard.

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Eagle Minded
Josh wrote:
bungler666 wrote:

Streetcleaner = Total annihilation.

Absolutely punishing.

Happy Cycler
Isn’t seeing people getting moved and inspired by music brilliant?

Even if it’s an artist I’ve never paid much attention to before, seeing people dissecting and deciding lyrics, and excitedly talking about an album is properly brilliant.

Friendly Stranger
Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Sherbet Head
synchrodub wrote:Trying out a new lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago, maybe a month, cut myself off from all social media platforms, blocked all news from appearing on my phone and I don't watch any news related TV inside my house. Feeling great! Also eating all organic foods, no fast food at all. Drinking mainly water, no soda. Regular exercise and 8 to 10 hours of sleep every night. Spending time outside in the sun, walking. Earth is a very amazing place without all the TV and social media noise. Feeling a lot more creative and inspired.

Props to you that you can apply such a dramatic shift in lifestyle. Many people wouldn't be able to allow such a radical change! Anything in specific happen prior to that, which made it easier?
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Happy Cycler
I'm going on holiday soon! After a shitty year for a number of reasons (including some ongoing shit tbh), we are off to a remote cottage in the highlands for a week in half term and I have never felt more ready for a break. There will be books, whisky and other high quality booze, scrabble, a log fire, walking and an appropriately autumnal soundtrack. Can. Not. Wait.

Happy Cycler
Enjoy mate. Sounds idyllic.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

I'm intrigued, go for it :]
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

Dayvan Cowboy
rodox_head wrote:
Orbited insanitarium wrote:I think I've just had the best day of my life so far. Somebody, please, ask me about it!! :D

I'm intrigued, go for it :]

Alright. Well, this might not make a lot of sense as I'm trying to take apart all the most notable bits from the past five hours.

Here we go.
There's a bunch of friends, extremely similar to me who I see on occasion around my town. Body language and the way they all act as a group is something I've never experienced before. These past few weeks I've tagged along with them for some pretty hefty durations of 2-5 to even 6 hours.
I'm not the best in a group setting, but each time I've met them, it get's better and better. More involved, more noticed, more liked.

Anyhow today at around 4.30pm, I decided to go for a walk (in a semi-hope of spotting them.)
A few minutes after leaving the house, to my surprise I bumped into three of them who were also heading into town. Within a small discussion I decided walk with them.
Anyhow, today it just clicked. Maybe because it was a smaller crowd, but on all levels I got on really well.
I was even able to share some common interests with one girl, who is usually not much of a speaker.
I spent a long 5-hour duration with them without feeling out of place one bit, which is why I feel the need to shout it out here!

There is a so much I'm still processing, precise details will probably tumble out if I don't restrain myself. I don't want to Spill out all the happiness beans. :lol:

In an even shorter summery, this is the first time I've felt properly part of the group and they reciprocated this back to me. (which is new)
I've finally turned the corner socially and It's left me feeling utterly elated!

Dayvan Cowboy
That's all great to hear, Orbited. Nice work! :D
In here is a tragedy, art thou player or audience?
Be as it may, the end doth remain:
all go on only toward death.
There is nothing which cannot become a puppet of fate
or an onlooker, peering into the cage.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground