Setting the record straight on Eyesix

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
MOD EDIT
There's a collaborative google spreadsheet consolidating all the stolen songs.

For now this spreadsheet is publicly editable. All revisions are reversible if-need-be.

I am posting this mainly just for posterity, in reference to this locked thread: http://twoism.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13093&p=257483

I discovered today that 'Any Colour You Like' (Jason Dowd/user DaveJ) and Eyesix records have stolen a large quantity of my music and sold it as their own. Sold it. Made money off it. His album 'Sunrise Projector' was entirely tracks by me, reassembled in some horrendous order to make an 'album.' His 'New Clear Dawn' contained at least 2 of my songs. In fact, most of the songs people 'liked' in the thread were by me. That's kind of funny.

Anyway, this dude is still selling some of my tracks as his own on Bandcamp. I've emailed him, emailed Bandcamp, and am just waiting. I'm not out for a witch hunt. He's just a kid who likes my tunes. So be it. But the moment he makes money on my hard work, he becomes a problem.

If anyone still has a copy of either 'New Clear Dawn' or 'Sunrise Projector,' by Any Colour You Like please contact me: citiesofearth@gmail.com.

Thanks. Cities Of Earth.

http://citiesofearth.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/cities-of-earth
citiesofearth.com

Oh man, not again.

Slow down...

Telepath
DaveJ/Eyesix hasn't been here for almost a year, ever since that whole debacle. I hope bandcamp can help you sort this travesty out. I wonder how much money is made over other musician's backs like this.

https://eyesixrecords.bandcamp.com/trac ... projectors is this the sunrise projector song you're talking about? Very original title I might add. Even more original then when tycho took it. ;)

Oh originality. Where hast thou gone?

Eagle Minded
this is just really disappointing. i hope it gets taken down soon, best of luck.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

New Seed
Thanks. I'm mostly just bummed that he ruined my work. I painstakingly made those albums. Check them out. Dewline, and Arctica Andomeda by Cities Of Earth. I worked so hard. He did nothing. Shit. Just ripped off so many of those hours.

New Seed
I might be doubleposting here sorry if so, I am bad at computer. ;) This is my track 'Interference' from my 2009 album 'Dewline.' Here: https://citiesofearth.bandcamp.com/track/interference

He stole it.

Posts Quantity
I'm shocked. Jason had first approached me HERE about putting out an EP. I thought all the albums he was releasing were his own music (which, at the time, seemed like an awful lot of music in an incredibly short time) and that of artists who joined his label.

Now this has me really nervous that he might have absconded with some of my music.

On a more positive note, the bandcamp page for EyeSix has been removed.

This is so, so disappointing. How did he think he would get away with taking others' music?
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Posts Quantity
I think that artists who believe their work has been stolen should probably also follow up with outfits like Discogs etc to ensure that listings are either properly attributed otherwise removed.

New Seed
I just now found out about this!!! I am so sorry that he pulled this stunt on Cities Of Earth. I WAS on Eyesix Records until I learned how much Jason (Any Colour You Like) is a scumbag for executing these despicable acts of infringement. Explains why and how he release sooo much music in 2016 and then months later delete them. Im not only embarrassed but also ashamed of this plagiarizing debacle and I will NEVER work with that jerk again. Im glad light has been shed on this dilemma and the whole thing answers so many suspensions over this past year. I hope nobody assumes by association that I stole my music because I work so damn hard on it. Anywho, Im sorry it all came to this but i'm glade it all being resolved.

-PBS'73

Sherbet Head
This is more than disappointing to see. I was aware of the last thread, and thought maybe that was the end of it... But it wasn't, unfortunately.

This isn't why I'm writing though, there's something else I want to say. Last year, I released an album on Eyesix called "in mirrors". It seemed to sell well, at least 25+ people bought it that I could see.

But I never received a payment for this album, ever.

If you release something on a label, it's a known thing that you're going to get a cut because IT IS YOUR OWN WORK. To not pay artists ANYTHING for their work is quite disrespectful. I've let it slide for a long time because I'm pretty non-confrontational, but I have other friends (who have released on the label) who have expressed their grief to me over this, numerous times.

I don't expect to get any money from Eyesix Records at this point, I've moved on from that. But I do want to let this be known to those who have purchased anything from the label's bandcamp.

Perhaps let's stop referring to Eyesix as a label? Thats quite insulting, to call it that. It's quite clear to me that it was never more than a scam. I believe Jason lied to you, lied to me, and then repeatedly lied to me and Ae when we had it out with him in private the first time around. It doesn't seem that anything has changed.

We've left his account open, resisting the urge to ban him, against the request of some, to allow him the right of reply. Personally I doubt he'd have the nerve to do that. But if he should appear here again to give more excuses like last time, I'd suggest to you all to read the original thread fully and ask yourself who you believe. Jason, or the various people here who all tell the same story.

Eyesix stinks to high heaven in my opinion. Shame on Jason Dowd.

Slow down...

New Seed
Greetings

Not to harp, but merely to further corroborate, I am one of the 2 members from 'Dreamland Circus' who released our album, 'Wonderphase' with Eyesix a little over a year ago. As is consistent with the multitude of claims made against Jason, my partner and I, were promised compensation for our release, and subsequently, received only a margin of what was rightfully ours, through many a frustrating exchange between ourselves and Jason, where he would make one excuse after another, as to the 'delay' and or, why we simply weren't going to be getting our money anymore or any time soon. It became painfully apparent to me shortly after our release that Jason was using funds made from the 'label' for his own personal use. And it's hard to believe anything someone like that says even if parts of what he said may have been true. He still showed his moral code with flying colors. Eventually we gave up trying, and figured we'd cut our losses, not knowing the full extent of the scam. Until just now, I hadn't even known the Eyesix Bandcamp page had been taken down. It was truly only a matter of time before this happened, and hopefully everyone he's wronged will be justified before too long.

This is fucking infuriating at this point.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

New Seed
PBS'73 wrote:I just now found out about this!!! I am so sorry that he pulled this stunt on Cities Of Earth. I WAS on Eyesix Records until I learned how much Jason (Any Colour You Like) is a scumbag for executing these despicable acts of infringement. Explains why and how he release sooo much music in 2016 and then months later delete them. Im not only embarrassed but also ashamed of this plagiarizing debacle and I will NEVER work with that jerk again. Im glad light has been shed on this dilemma and the whole thing answers so many suspensions over this past year. I hope nobody assumes by association that I stole my music because I work so damn hard on it. Anywho, Im sorry it all came to this but i'm glade it all being resolved.

-elijah

New Seed
Please report the "Any Colour You Like" YouTube Channel and his Vimeo for violations of copyright infringement

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEmsel ... t961Ga771A

https://vimeo.com/eyesix/about

Telepath
Claimed the bandcamp lololol.

Posts Quantity
Cupz wrote:Claimed the bandcamp lololol.

OK that's pretty funny. 100,000 years of using social exile as a learning tool can't be wrong.

Telepath
clocolan wrote:100,000 years of using social exile as a learning tool can't be wrong.

That, and let it be known twoism doesn't take crap like this. Besmearing our somewhat good name!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:Claimed the bandcamp lololol.

Beautiful

Very glad I didn't buy any of "his" stuff now it looks like he stole so much of it. I'll see about buying it from the original artists now we know who they are.

Fuck that guy though, his constant spamming on Facebook was annoying as arse.

Boqurant
Wow, I had no idea. I personally knew Eyesix aka Jason - I gave him permission to use some of my pictures for his EP Conet Communication Workshop under the Eyesix moniker and other stuff like his Bandcamp and what not. However, I never ever knew this blatantly stealing from other talented artists was going and I am deeply shocked just as the rest of this community. I'm actually sad knowing that I've bought music from artists like the legend himself, PBS 73 and Dreamland Circus, on Eyesix Record thinking it would support their brilliant music, but instead ending up getting literally fucked.

I do hope that justice will be served and that this ugly matter will be put to an end as soon as possible.

Next

Return to This Random Sound