Setting the record straight on Eyesix

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
:!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJp3njWjrQ

Found another one of Jason's "Projects"
He called it "Majestic 13" and its probably someones track.....he released this IDM album right after a ACYL album. so its concerning.

Eagle Minded
I keep worrying that we'll continue finding work he stole and republished for quite awhile, and there's always that unrealistic-but-still-frightening possibility that he could continue under a different name as well.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

New Seed
ultrablue123 wrote:I have two releases, Limerence and Love Thy Nature, the latter of which he put on bandcamp in September of last year I believe. If these are both someone else's work, I hope they come forward because I want to support the rightful owner(s). Limerence I believe was name your price on Sparkwood Records (who have since made the album undownloadable on bc for the time being) and I was broke at the time, but will gladly pay money to the true artist if that album is stolen. Love Thy Nature I did buy, and I am willing to upload a song on youtube or mediafire if anyone wants to listen and see if it's their music so I can pay them as well.

I remember the original debacle when it happened on here, and was therefore always wary of checking out any of the music on the Eyesix bandcamp page as a result. I finally bit the bullet with Love Thy Nature because with so many people collaborating and releasing music on the "label," it seemed he had learned his lesson. It sucks that that's not the case.

Love Thy Nature may have been the release in which one of my songs was used. Depending on when you purchased it, you may have my track (ie if you bought it before it was removed). The track is unreleased by me - the whole album is sitting with the label for release in a few months. The song has a sample in the middle about how a child is stimulated by toys. You can't miss it. Holler if you think it's there.

New Seed
FaexOptim wrote:
ultrablue123 wrote:I have two releases, Limerence and Love Thy Nature, the latter of which he put on bandcamp in September of last year I believe. If these are both someone else's work, I hope they come forward because I want to support the rightful owner(s). Limerence I believe was name your price on Sparkwood Records (who have since made the album undownloadable on bc for the time being) and I was broke at the time, but will gladly pay money to the true artist if that album is stolen. Love Thy Nature I did buy, and I am willing to upload a song on youtube or mediafire if anyone wants to listen and see if it's their music so I can pay them as well.

I remember the original debacle when it happened on here, and was therefore always wary of checking out any of the music on the Eyesix bandcamp page as a result. I finally bit the bullet with Love Thy Nature because with so many people collaborating and releasing music on the "label," it seemed he had learned his lesson. It sucks that that's not the case.

Love Thy Nature may have been the release in which one of my songs was used. Depending on when you purchased it, you may have my track (ie if you bought it before it was removed). The track is unreleased by me - the whole album is sitting with the label for release in a few months. The song has a sample in the middle about how a child is stimulated by toys. You can't miss it. Holler if you think it's there.

Actually, I looked at the email thread and he used this track around April of 2016. I had no idea it was so long ago! He called it Double-R or something and think he may have used it on a couple of releases. I have no idea what else if mine he may have taken but the 'real' version will be out in a few months on my album.

Eagle Minded
Just one more disappointment after another, I was hopeful he hadn't yet used it. It's so confusing why he would ever think this was acceptable.
Mexicola wrote:Marcus had that beard and longer hair waaaaay back.

Friendly Stranger
PBS'73 wrote::!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaJp3njWjrQ

Found another one of Jason's "Projects"
He called it "Majestic 13" and its probably someones track.....he released this IDM album right after a ACYL album. so its concerning.

The Majestic 13 albums (I have 3 releases) they came out pretty quick, I remember getting notification that Biopsy had been released, within a few hours it had disappeared then next day re-released with different artwork. 2 other releases came after that Nevada & Project Bluebeam. I am currently trying to somehow discover the original creators.

Boqurant
Here is a mirror of Majestic 13 http://musicmobi.site/search/majestic-13/

I don't support sites like the one I posted above,however, if it can help you guys discover any more stolen material then it can be useful.

I am willing to bet that site has backed up practically everything off of band camp.

Posts Quantity
citiesofearth wrote:Even props to Jason, sounds like he was capable of writing good tunes but just got fucked up. Be good to each other.

I don't think you're going to find many sympathetic ears on this. It's one thing to pirate a TV show or the odd software crack but it's quite another to 1) steal someone's art, 2) call it your own art, and 3) profit from their work.

In my book that counts for more than just a "mistake" or an "error of judgment". It reminds me of those lame politicians who only express remorse *when they get caught*.
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Dayvan Cowboy
I just don't get how he thought he'd get away with it. This fan base has located samples less than a second long from obscure 70s TV programmes where they've been used in BoC's tracks and are so thirsty for new music they chase down anything that scratches a similar itch. But sure, lift whole album's worth at a time. A cautionary tale for anyone who's tempted to lift... clearly once you throw a brick through the shop window filling the back of the van is just irresistibly good logistics.

I guess that's the thing. He HAS got away with it. Sure, he was caught, but the cash was still sent to his account. He won't be giving it back I shouldn't have thought. He won't get prosecuted, he won't lose out other than a loss of face. Frankly the whole thing boils my piss.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
clocolan wrote:
citiesofearth wrote:Even props to Jason, sounds like he was capable of writing good tunes but just got fucked up. Be good to each other.

I don't think you're going to find many sympathetic ears on this. It's one thing to pirate a TV show or the odd software crack but it's quite another to 1) steal someone's art, 2) call it your own art, and 3) profit from their work.

In my book that counts for more than just a "mistake" or an "error of judgment". It reminds me of those lame politicians who only express remorse *when they get caught*.

My points all along. Also, you hear and see stories about drug abusers stealing money from family and friends-- but this is completely different. This is pre-meditated and has been happening on a large level for years now. It took a very despicable ploy of luring people who are generous into his world, and stealing their art and passion. I mean this is music that is purely made out of love, not for monetary, fame, or any other reasons. He knew this, and so he also knew these artists had no form of defense against him-- and he knew they had no legal teams that were going to do anything to him for it.

Eagle Minded
Wow, I just saw this thread. Jason approached me last year about putting one of my albums (Indifferent Spaces: ISX) up through his label. I agreed and then forgot about it. I recently remembered about a month ago and I looked at his EyeSix BandCamp Page and was surprised to see that under my album there were many 'supporters' indicating that many people bought my album, which he had up for 6 euros. I never saw any of the money and he never contacted me. My album was up there for a whole year. Nothing.

This is disheartening. Prior to learning this new information, I wasn't really mad that I didn't get any of the money for my album being sold, but I was a bit disillusioned that Jason hadn't contacted me. Had he contacted me, I would have probably told him to keep the money to help further his label. But now, seeing this thread has informed me and opened my eyes to this situation. And furthermore to now find out that he was stealing other peoples music and calling it his own..... Wow. I am now saddened to even be associated with any of this.

I want my fellow Towismers to know that I was completely unaware of this and that my album (ISX by Indifferent Spaces) that he had up on his site was, in fact, my music. He didn't claim my music as his own but he was making money off of it and never contacted me to say so.

If anyone would like ISX, they can download it for FREE at MY BandCamp page here: https://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com/album/isx

This is surprising to me and I'm disappointed. I don't want people to think I was associated in anyway to stealing anyones music and had I known that he was stealing music, I would never have let him release one of my albums on his label. I do NOT support his devious behavior and business dealings.

Thank you,
Lonnie Rutledge aka Elexen
Indifferent Spaces
:INDIFFERENT SPACES:
all albums [IS1-IS13] available here:
http://indifferentspaces.bandcamp.com

Damn. Really unbelievable what's happening here.

Last.FM could perhaps also be helpful?
https://www.last.fm/music/eyesix/+similar (this specific section feels a bit ironic now...)

There were quite some scrobbles / listeners too apparently.

Waybackmachine can also help:
https://web.archive.org/web/20161006154 ... dcamp.com/

I also recommend all of you to grab screenshots of all you can find before it's all gone. I started collecting some already: http://imgur.com/a/wsY82

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote: boils my piss.

recommend a doctor ASAP. this is NOT normal.
"I'm not moaning! I'm humming a very low-pitched song."

Dayvan Cowboy
Holy shit what a shitstorm, I thought he used to be a pretty well respected member in here before?
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Posts Quantity
...though it's the one time I'm happy to see torrent sites listing those albums. What goes around comes around. #karma
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Friendly Stranger
clocolan wrote:...though it's the one time I'm happy to see torrent sites listing those albums. What goes around comes around. #karma

..... Although these torrent sites are giving credit to the wrong artists...
#alternativefacts
All NNYz? music....Streams CDs & digital....https://linktr.ee/NNYz

Nova Scotia Robot
Oh my, I hope he didn't use anything I had sent him in private conversation on facebook. I sent some songs I had been working on for the release I was going to do for him and a remix or two of BoC songs I did for fun. I'll have to look through his releases and see. Is there anywhere I can hear the stuff he released at this point, or no? I don't really care about money, but if someone was like "hey, that's a cool song", then I want my due credit. :|

Sparkwood Records just made an announcement.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3949842919

'IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Some of you might have seen some posts or read some threads the last few days, concerning a former artist on our label, who used the name eyesix at the time.
After three eyesix releases with us, we agreed to end the collaboration in early 2015. He then went on to start Eyesix Records and used new artist names, but mainly, Any Colour You Like.

Recently, it has come to light that a significant part, if not all the music he signed his name to, is in fact the works by various other artists, and were simply lifted from their Soundcloud, Bandcamp pages, etc, and then re-titled.

It's not been confirmed that 100% of the eyesix material we've released has been produced by other artists than eyesix himself, but we think it's safe to assume that this is the case at this point.
Either way, we've decided that all 3 eyesix releases in the catalog, no longer will be available on our Bandcamp page, and hopefully anywhere else as well, eventually.

However, for the purpose of possibly identifying more stolen tracks and figure out who actually created/own the music, we've decided keep the albums up for 'streaming only', a bit longer. Anything that can help us in this regard is much welcome and will be appreciated.

We're on the case, in addition to others, directly or inderectly effected by these deceptive and totally unacceptable actions. We'll do our best to make things right with the actual artists, as well as those who supported the releases. And hopefully, we can help prevent this shocking case of plagiarism to continue any further!'

Slow down...

Incidentally, another lead for those of you trying to track him down. He's a graphic designer too. Interesting to note he actually credits others work in that medium. Oh the irony.

https://www.behance.net/jasondowd

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound