Boc "Live set" footage?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:How did you come to that conclusion?

http://web.archive.org/web/200003010213 ... ounds.html

"Kid For Today (1997) (unreleased)"
This actually may be that "Early version talked about on the maxima thread.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

Am I missing something? That links to their page in March 2000, just a few months before it was released.
There's no mention anywhere of 1997 or unreleased in the title, or metadata.

Slow down...

Boqurant
The Boc Maxima tape with bonus tracks seems to be produced in 1997 because the Hell Interface Remix of Trapped is on here said that was released by a label (So Mask of course).
Plus in the source code Kid For Today link says: "Kid For Today (1997) (unreleased)"

It's time to put informations on Bocpages :)

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:Am I missing something? That links to their page in March 2000, just a few months before it was released.
There's no mention anywhere of 1997 or unreleased in the title, or metadata.

For some reason the archived page was archived where some text is the same color as the back round.
Just do a crtl+a and you will see extra text next to the title.

Boqurant
Oh never see with this, thanks !

No http://www.ednet.co.uk:80/~ehx/boc/records.html archived :cry:

Ok, fair do on that one. Good sleuthing ;-)

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Chinook (live)

It's real! Did we know about this particular archived page before? From what I understood before, the idea that there might have been a live clip of Chinook on the old site was more of a rumour than a provable fact.

Boqurant
Omikron wrote:
Chinook (live)

It's real! Did we know about this particular archived page before? From what I understood before, the idea that there might have been a live clip of Chinook on the old site was more of a rumour than a provable fact.

"live clip of Chinook" it's just a audio like Circle, Duffy...

Eagle Minded
MadMaz wrote:
Omikron wrote:
Chinook (live)

"live clip of Chinook" it's just a audio like Circle, Duffy...

I know; I meant audio clip.

Sherbet Head
Interesting, Good find Flory

Sherbet Head
Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Eagle Minded
Jango9 wrote:like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If it pans out like that whole situation did then we might as well accept never hearing them haha

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:
Jango9 wrote:like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling
If it pans out like that whole situation did then we might as well accept never hearing them haha

At least we would get two tracks out of it.

Sherbet Head
Jango9 wrote:Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

I swear, one of these days we're gonna have some guy with an AM tape that's been sitting in his closet for almost 30 years just show up out of nowhere and be like "hey dudes what's this?" like that one guy who had a copy of All Lights Fucked On The Hairy Amp Drooling

Maybe go to the local town of where boc came from and look and search the thrift shops?

Eagle Minded
Flory wrote:
Jango9 wrote:Huh, how bizarre. They make no mention of the three listed pre-Twoism albums being "unreleased" like the tracks at the bottom, perhaps they really did make a small escape into the local music scene? Geez, this is driving me nuts lmao

Maybe go to the local town of where boc came from and look and search the thrift shops?

You forgot to also travel back in time 20 years.

Interestingly, there are two separate accounts of sightings of Play By Numbers CDs in record shops. It's out there somewhere. Or was.

Boqurant
I don't think the number of copies of rare release on the old site was really true...

Sherbet Head
Omikron wrote:
Flory wrote:

You forgot to also travel back in time 20 years.

Interestingly, there are two separate accounts of sightings of Play By Numbers CDs in record shops. It's out there somewhere. Or was.

Who and where were these sightings.

Eagle Minded
It took ages to find the threads last time, but from what I can remember, two people separately recalled having seen a Play By Numbers CD in the cheap CD rack of a record shop in the same area, before they knew of BOC, with the memory only returning after seeing an image of the cover art so many years later.

Because they'd be freely available in a record store, after all. Why didn't we think of this before?!? Were they in the BOC section or sneakily hidden in amongst the Ricky Martin CDs? ;-)

Slow down...

Boqurant
Interesting ! Surely in local music section :shock:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada