TR01 The Weathermonger - The Ephemeral City [2018]

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Nautilus wrote:I listened to most of the album yesterday. Especially love "Infinite Mirror" and "Figures in the Snow."

I've noticed a Cold Earth / An Eagle in Your Mind melody in "Figures in the Snow" Not pointing fingers here just has a pretty similar vibe

Great job with the album. Very coherent and nostalgic. I like

Thanks. Glad you're enjoying the album. :D

Yeah, I think Cold Earth might have slipped in as an unconscious influence. My first drafts of that track were in August 2013, only a couple of months after TH came out. I remember having another synth patch that was disturbingly close to the opening sound of Cold Earth. Sounded great but there was no way I could use it. I think "Figures in the Snow" is the most BoC-like track on the album. Figured I could indulge myself that one time. :wink:

Sherbet Head
Have Fourier on repeat, such an amazing track well done!!! I have still only listened to the 1st half, really incredible so far. Completely surprised me :) Beautiful emotional pieces and dreamy synths, just my cup of tea! Looking forward listening to the whole later.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:If you like Reservoir Dreams, grab yourself a copy on cassette. ADecentMan of The Sweet Boys remixed it into a total monster! Only a handful of cassettes left...

It was very much an honor to get to be a part of this project, especially considering what a labor of love it's been by y'all that have been working to make it happen! It's great to see the work pay off with this first release, and I look forward to seeing how Twoism Records develops over the years. Certainly stoked for the 'special edition' heads to get to hear my mix -- as soon as I heard the synths floating around in the edges of Reservoir Dreams I knew I had to simultaneously put them in the spotlight while still mangling them out in the forest just a bit ; )

Thanks again to Mexi, Redpoint, and Aesthetics for making all of this happen. Long live Twoism Records!
mikeyholmes.bandcamp.com

Sherbet Head
Having listened to the album two times now I must say it really flows incredibly well. At some point towards the end of the album I found myself thinking about the listenability, comparing it to Plaid. While the music sounds nothing like Plaid, I must say it has the same easy-listening kind of quality. But like Plaid it is deep and complex enough to grab your attention and lure you into the sound. I'm curious if the album will grow on me more. There isn't a single track I dislike. Actually I find it really hard to pick favorites because I think I'd have to mention like 7-8 tracks or so. But if I had to pick a few early favorites...

Second Swimmer, Fourier, Figures in the Snow and Infinite Mirror. But I could list a few more.

Also, that last track is really intimate on higher end headphones! Really lush harmonics. All in all, amazing album :)

I can confirm, this album grows and grows. Months later I still play it pretty much daily and I'm still discovering new layers.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Listening on Itunes right now - very nice guys.
"Fulfillment is structured in achievement, Achievement is structured in action, Action is structured in thinking, Thinking is structured in knowledge, Knowledge is structured in consciousness" - Maharishi Mahesh Yogi

Posts Quantity
Been listening to the album all weekend and flat out LOVE it! It’s got the sounds and textures that I like in my electronic music with strong influences of BOC, Tycho, Aphex, etc.

In light of the Sandison boys not releasing anything new seemingly anytime soon, this one by Weathermonger is the perfect listening experience that is satisfying my craving. I only hope there’s another realease right around the corner.

New Seed
I'm currently listening to this via Spotify and really enjoying it. Top banana.

When is the next release coming out?

Posts Quantity
First non-comp?! :O Liking the sound! Grats to all, and here's to more!

Happy Cycler
Robin....any room for a droney space on the label?

Killing time while downloading this.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Sherbet Head
this is awesome

through the honeycomb window is super brutal and I love it

some of these tracks remind me of early ae - reservoir dreams especially

hell yeah dude
www.soundcloud.com/88marquis

88marquis wrote:this is awesome

hell yeah dude

He'll love the early As comparison! Cheers.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
88marquis wrote:this is awesome

hell yeah dude

Thank you. :)

There's a fair bit of FM synthesis going on in Reservoir Dreams, courtesy of a Monomachine, which is a bit of a nod to Ae. Amber is one of my favourite albums, so it's been a sound I've been drawn to for a long time.

Eagle Minded
Very good stuff - first impressions were that the tonal palette sits somewhere between a bit of BOC and the general vibe of some of the Ghost Box label, and rhythmically a little of early Ae in places? Which is no bad thing.

Figures In The Snow and Oregon Water are both great tunes... Re: the latter, that bass and main melody pairing which comes in at around 02:20 alongside the rhythm is quite something; super bit of tune writing there - kudos.

As good as those are, if I were to highlight one here, I'd choose Infinite Mirror; liking the whole vibe of that track a lot, esp the drums.

Cassettes start shipping to people today. CDs shouldn't be too far behind.

A huge THANK YOU again to everyone who has bought one.

Slow down...

Site Admin
All the cassette orders placed until yesterday shipped out today.
Only 10 cassettes left available for sale now!! Be there or be square because one day when we have a legendary catalogue going on these will go for 10 times the amount they are now ;)

CDs will ship out on or around June 9th.

Thanks to everyone for the supportive words and those who supported us thus far, things are starting to take off now :D
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head
The last track is like a really epic lullaby, very well done!

Eagle Minded
*wraps mexi up with cassette tape* >:D

You have to buy me a Babysham first. I'm not that sort of boy.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
bowchica

also cassettes lookin hot

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records