Numerator has been found, here's the story behind it.

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
Image What do yall think about the finding and do you guys think that more tracks can be found soon? :D :D

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardsofcanada ... mbers_and/

Sherbet Head
Awesome!
Suck my BUTT

Friendly Stranger
Good work
Even a stopped clock gives the right time twice a day

Boqurant
The fake Play By Numbers have David Came To Maihana'im in it. If anyone can find the original date of this fake, it can helpful for that.
Also Buckie High who is from 1994 according to BOC Tweet is similar so this 2 tracks are surely near.
Old Tunes Vol.2 seems to have familiar references in it (cover and the "David") It could have been changed to better match.

Boqurant
Sorry double post !
EDIT: The fake Play By Numbers it dates from 2010

Sherbet Head
This whole thing is a big Powerline of misfortune. All of this stuff is just mislabeled material we have all heard before.
All is fake nothing to see here.
this thread is full of shenanigans.

New Seed
So I did some more research and I found out the fact came out in 2007, so that caused a huge issue for this project.

I'll keep you updated to see if I can see if this track is legit or just a mislabeling

Boqurant
You need to contact Nathan Fake

New Seed
Already have, just waiting for a response.

New Seed
lol

Sherbet Head
ozymandias_ wrote:lol

lol indeed

Boqurant
Thanks to the suggestion algorithm of Twoism, this topic showed up below this one from 2012 :)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9861
Sorry for my bad english.

Eagle Minded
What a massive disappointment. Can someone rename this thread? Very misleading. That whole story was full of pointless, irrelevant details and ended up being... nothing.

I thought we were actually going to hear the real Numerator. But no, Nathan Fake downloaded some fake BOC tracks. This isn't even newly discovered info.

Sherbet Head
Tip for life: If you downloaded Play By Numbers and there's no guitars on it, then it ain't Play By Numbers. You'd think more people would know this by now, and yet here we are.
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Boqurant
Jango9 wrote:Tip for life: If you downloaded Play By Numbers and there's no guitars on it, then it ain't Play By Numbers. You'd think more people would know this by now, and yet here we are.

Do we have any reliable sources claiming that "Play by Numbers" has guitars on it, apart from the one minute of WYLTBF? The only source I know of is the review of the early albums on that italian (?) site, claiming e.g. that "Catalog 3" has 5 tracks on it, so I guess that one is far from reliable.
Sorry for my bad english.

Sherbet Head
Berselius wrote:
Jango9 wrote:Tip for life: If you downloaded Play By Numbers and there's no guitars on it, then it ain't Play By Numbers. You'd think more people would know this by now, and yet here we are.

Do we have any reliable sources claiming that "Play by Numbers" has guitars on it, apart from the one minute of WYLTBF? The only source I know of is the review of the early albums on that italian (?) site, claiming e.g. that "Catalog 3" has 5 tracks on it, so I guess that one is far from reliable.

A few interviews contain short descriptions of the album from what I recall.
Can somebody just find that dam cd already?

Dayvan Cowboy

I think the clips (in this case WYLTBF) exist so that it is almost impossible to have a fake copy of the album without the full-length tracks that the clips are from. I think Hooper Bay would be relatively easy for a more manipulative person to fake as they could just extend the Circle clip we currently have and claim that the entire track was a continuous drone of that. For play by numbers, I almost want to see someone try to incorporate Wouldn't you like to be free into a convincing full track, it is almost a challenge at this point. Not that I would want to encourage it as, if anyone has the talent necessary to do that, they could easily be working on some of their own stunning music instead.

Dayvan Cowboy
I had actually considered this before Numerator, in regards to the Random 35 Track Tape as I am sure others had. How many Acid Memories/Hooper Bay/Play by Numbers/Closes etc. tracks have we heard either under alternate names or unlisted?

One sunny day when we are blessed with a Bocset, we will likely be in awe at how many we had heard before. I mean, how many on R35TT have we actually got names for from other releases? Very very few. It follows that the majority of them would be from releases rather than private demos as one is easier to come by for friends/the circle of people who have had a chance to hear it than the prospect of a rather unfaithful friend sneaking into the studio and collecting random tapes and cuts of tracks. None of them really feel like demo tracks in reality.

Dayvan Cowboy
^

That's what I've been saying forever, no need to keep going down these rabbit holes trying to validate these twice fake and/or mislabeled tunes. I get that everyone is hungry, but from one source all things depend, and that's BoC themselves.

Sherbet Head
Opothecary wrote:^

I get that everyone is hungry, but from one source all things depend, and that's BoC themselves.

Using your logic did BoC leak afot, otv2, and R35? : )

Next

Return to Boards of Canada