This Random Thread

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
That situation in New Zealand was disgusting and traumatizing. Before the news broke, people were already sharing links, I clicked without knowing what it was and god I wish I hadn't. It kept me awake last night.

They apprehended him alive, I don't understand why that c**t gets to enjoy the privilege of breathing after what he did.

Dayvan Cowboy
A life sentence in a cell with nothing to think about but the people he killed, replaying it over and over again mentally until the penny drops and he becomes suicidal depressed is probably better, though. He should be forced to watch his own footage every evening and every morning and hear recordings of their relatives about what kind of person they were and what kind of person they might have been if they didn't have their lives stolen. I know that is a tad too 'clockwork orange', but for some people in his category, forcing them to eventually empathise with their victims is the only real justice that can be served.

Dayvan Cowboy
Sadly the nature of things is such that no amount of punishment will ever balance the scales in a case like this, however creative or urgent our desire for cosmic justice is. All we can do is together try and put more love and joy into the world than shitheads like that take out of it. As wishy washy as that sounds.

Dayvan Cowboy
Negamuse wrote:Sadly the nature of things is such that no amount of punishment will ever balance the scales in a case like this, however creative or urgent our desire for cosmic justice is. All we can do is together try and put more love and joy into the world than shitheads like that take out of it. As wishy washy as that sounds.

I certainly agree. I think the biggest trick pulled by the current state of the world is making peace and happiness seem like a distant and almost unachievable task when it is actually something attainable within our lifetimes. My previous posts were mostly a knee-jerk reaction. The footage took me off guard because it had no context at the time and no media reports. Just a "What the f**k is this?!" with a link to (the original, before it was removed) facebook video of someone talking cryptically in their car and I had no idea what the fuss was about until they got out...

Happy Cycler
Boo.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Dayvan Cowboy
Jonse wrote:Boo.

What's up?

Sorry if my previous post was a tad too cheesy.

Happy Cycler
Getting by, day by day. Sort of.

Dayvan Cowboy
Eat pineapple once a day if you want a glimpse of that previously unattainable warm childhood feeling back for a while.

Dayvan Cowboy
Looks like a nice day this weekend, it
might be uh... worth my travels to a beautiful place in the country. :D

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]

Just leaving this here...

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

jcnporter wrote:
phpBB [media]

Very sad news.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Officially the 888888th viewer

Dayvan Cowboy
...do I win anything?

Valotonin wrote:...do I win anything?

Yes.
A sense of achievement and our very best wishes.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
Valotonin wrote:...do I win anything?

Yes.
A sense of achievement and our very best wishes.

*Cries hysterically*
And that; that is the best prize of them all.

Dayvan Cowboy
On another note:
I have been taken hostage by a cardinal spider in my own house. Family are away on holiday and I once again have to reap the consequences of them leaving every single individual door and window open instead of putting the fan on in summer.

This fecker has a legspan bigger than my hands, a body with a larger diameter than my vacuum cleaner tube and jumps like a jack in the box whenever it hears anything.

I have given it the deeds to the house and will be vacating the premises shortly.

Dayvan Cowboy
Update: Apparently I am allowed to remain in the spare bedroom for around 150f*/pcm

Rent is higher in these parts, though. If I went to Northumberland I could get a two-up-two-down detached for that.

*flies

Dayvan Cowboy
I am aware that it is slowly becoming tradition that at the end of every summer, I make a thread about a giant spider ruining a week or so of my life. Oh well.

Happy Cycler
The. Pipe. Is

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground