Sending a letter

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Hi guys,

I was going through old versions of the boardsofcanada.com website through Wayback Machine and found that on their old website, they were giving the Hexagon Sun PO Box address as a way to contact the band. They were even thanking people for the mail saying it was all greatly appreciated.
My question is: did anyone here send them a letter? And maybe received an answer? Do you guys think the address is still valid today?
I often think about sending them a thank you letter, but I don't know if it would be appropriate to do so using this old address.

Sherbet Head
I think they closed that PO box many many years ago because they were getting too much mail to keep track of it all, unfortunately I didn't even find out it existed until about a decade after that happened. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:I think they closed that PO box many many years ago because they were getting too much mail to keep track of it all, unfortunately I didn't even find out it existed until about a decade after that happened. Can anyone else confirm/deny this?

PO Box listed on the older caches of the boardsofcanada.com website is closed unfortunately, yes, you are right.
They currently don't have a fanmail PO box.

If it is something really important, there are ways. I recall someone having a personally signed copy of something (such a good memory, val) from someone that the band admired that was sent in their direction through the proper channels, but things like that are really quite rare and subject to whether they feel that it is "iffy" or not. Considering the newer breed of autist-fan that came along after TH (myself included to a certain extent, I looked into it far too much and I was smoking far too much) can sometimes reach the point of delusion I can see why they wouldn't want any direct mail.

That said, if you did have anything important to say, MDG lurks more than it would initially appear and I am sure that he relays information to the brothers once in a while.

Posts Quantity
Well that's what I thought, the PO Box must have been flooded in the past, no surprise they closed it. I don't really have anything important to say, only basic fan stuff they must have already read a thousand times from other people haha. Thanks to your answers I saved a stamp!

Boqurant
Last year they opened DMs on Twitter for everyone, so if you want to send them a nice thank you letter you can do it over there. I wrote them something similar several months ago, hope the brothers have read that message. :lol:
"When I was a fetus I was nostalgic for when I was sperm".

Posts Quantity
:)

Dayvan Cowboy
Group Hex wrote::)

Ah it was you! It is coming back to me now.

Eagle Minded
Back in the day I do recall someone receiving some stickers or something. 1998 or 99.

Return to Boards of Canada