Bibio - Ribbons [2019]

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Couldn't find a topic on this, but it fully deserves 1. Bibio's new album was released a week ago.

1 Beret Girl 1:56
2 The Art Of Living 3:16
3 Before 3:11
4 Curls 3:17
5 Ode To A Nuthatch 2:03
6 Watch The Flies 3:59
7 It's Your Bones 4:43
8 You Couldn't Even Hear The Birds Singing 1:23
9 Pretty Ribbons And Lovely Flowers 4:17
10 Erdaydidder-Erdiddar 4:55
11 Frankincense And Coal 1:50
12 Old Graffiti 3:28
13 Patchouli May 4:04
14 Valley Wulf 3:20
15 Quaters 3:20
16 Under A Lone Ash

I really think this album is a return to form. Vignetting the Compost and Ambivalence Avenue are my favourites of his, and the albums after that were good, but not exactly amazing.

I rate this as one of his top 3 albums, only Vignetting and Ambivalence being better. Enjoy!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Friendly Stranger
Agreed. Ode To A Nuthatch is such a beautiful tune.

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah. Love the vibe he has on this one. Agree that it's closer to Vignetting and Ambivalence. There have always been a couple of tracks I didn't really like on the last couple of LPs, but I'm loving all of this one.

Nice and satisfying on double vinyl too. :)

Posts Quantity
I'm a big fan of Bibio and I really enjoyed this album but I found the 2 tracks released prior (curls, old graffiti) were probably the best the album had to offer which left me feeling a bit disappointed. The Art of Living and Watch The Flies are also excellent tracks and I want to love Before but the vocals really don't do it for me on that one, I had similar feelings on It's Your Bones. I now have to skip Pretty Ribbons and Lovely Flowers every time it comes on because it really annoys me after a minute. A few good tracks but I wouldn't say it's one of his best. Personally, Silver Wilkinson is my favourite followed by Fi and Ambivalence, however, all his releases have a few great tracks on them.

Eagle Minded
Mikey wrote:I'm a big fan of Bibio and I really enjoyed this album but I found the 2 tracks released prior (curls, old graffiti) were probably the best the album had to offer which left me feeling a bit disappointed. The Art of Living and Watch The Flies are also excellent tracks and I want to love Before but the vocals really don't do it for me on that one, I had similar feelings on It's Your Bones. I now have to skip Pretty Ribbons and Lovely Flowers every time it comes on because it really annoys me after a minute. A few good tracks but I wouldn't say it's one of his best. Personally, Silver Wilkinson is my favourite followed by Fi and Ambivalence, however, all his releases have a few great tracks on them.

Pretty much agree with all of this, still a great album though on the whole.

Dayvan Cowboy
Still listening to this alot, It's your bones is my absolute favourite so far.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Return to This Random Sound