Alpha and Omega

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
theres a lot of weird stuff going down in this track...there is one audible phrase and i never knew what it was but i thought that sunshine recorder refers back to an eagle in your mind so i think the phrase here at 2:30 could be saying now this is very irresponsible, a throwback to telephasic workshop?

opinions?

also i heard purple the other dya at 352 or so of music is math...anybody here anything out of the ordinary in geogaddi they wanna share

Happy Cycler
I don't hear that at all. I hear a voice, but it sounds nothing like that. :?

On Music Is Math, I am pretty sure the voice is saying "Circle".

Dayvan Cowboy
YELLOW, I hear yellow. :lol:

Happy Cycler
I can hear a "yellow" in Alpha and Omega at 4:17. I thought in Music is Math it was "Be careful", and I never understood that woman, coming in at 5:09 in Alpha. It sounds like a different language...

Sherbet Head
To me, the voice at the end of MIM is saying either "purple" or "circle".

My two cents. ;)

ALSO, that voice that comes in sometimes in Alpha and Omega (not "Yellow") that sounds like "Umblaghdayelow", seems to reappear at the end of Peacock Tail. Is it just me? Listen very carefully.

Dayvan Cowboy
radiateme wrote:To me, the voice at the end of MIM is saying either "purple" or "circle".

My two cents. ;)

ALSO, that voice that comes in sometimes in Alpha and Omega (not "Yellow") that sounds like "Umblaghdayelow", seems to reappear at the end of Peacock Tail. Is it just me? Listen very carefully.

i am so glad you said this. because i have though this for sometime now...

i am with on this one radi...

Dayvan Cowboy
Funny thing, I've always heard that speaking in the end of Alpha and Omega, and to me it almost sounds french. Anybody else think it sounds french?
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

Boqurant
In Alpha I hear at the 4:44 mark "that's the one" repeated until the song ends. I know that is just what I interpret, because it's not clear at all.

Dayvan Cowboy
perhaps it is french

and this is interesting that those sounds are similar between peacock tail and this song

Sherbet Head
I thought it was pretty neat how at first TCH seems so clear and upbeat yet still has some spooky obscured elements.
MOST THINGS GO OUT OF STYLE, ' C E P T
F R I E N D S

Dayvan Cowboy
The other day I woke up and this song was playing..it was eerie. :wink:
The preparation for a dive is always a tense time.

Dayvan Cowboy
harpoon dodger wrote:The other day I woke up and this song was playing..it was eerie. :wink:

Thats happened to me several times. NOT THE THING TO WAKE UP TO.
Black then White are all I see in my infancy...Red and Yellow then came to me, reachin' out to me, lets me see...

New Seed
I heard this song around 2003, but a slowed/pitched down version of it. At the time I thought that was the original version. When i later heard the real version (the Geogaddi version) I thought it sounded all pitched up and stupid. Because of this I never really liked the official song.
Recently I tried to find this slowed down version, but I can't seem to find it. I guess someone just slowed it down and it spread on the internet.
I'm listening to it pitched down to 80% right now, and i honestly still feel like this is how the song should sound. I think it sounds better this way. Perhaps I'm alone on this opinion, it'd be interesting to see what you guys think

Dayvan Cowboy
It's funny because I fell quite opposite, maybe I need to listen to slower version more to feel it, but I think Alpha and Omega is one of the fastest tracks which I enjoy from them

Sherbet Head
in years past, while listening to music is math, i always thought i heard "purple" also. but, as others have said in this thread, the voice is actually saying, "be careful"

Eagle Minded
Was listening to music the other night and decided to flip the track into reverse, considering I had never heard it this way at all up to this point (I know... It's taken how many years?) -- and, all told, it's actually pretty good...

Especially that last section of the tune as the intro, a revelation! Next to Dandelion, doubly appreciated having listened to it both ways 8)

New Seed
In Music Is Math it is definitely "Be Careful". That is also what is playing throughout the song in the long, drawn out sound. "Beeeee caaaaaarefuuuul, beeeee carefuuuul". Listen again and you'll hear it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Random observation...

The part from 3:26 - 3:30 has so much going on in it. The way everything swells with that synth bending and the crackling... Anytime you wonder what the hell takes them so long to make an album consider they could have worked on just those 4 seconds for months, tweaking it here and there and always coming back to it to try something new or different. What a great song. An easy one to follow each individual instrument they're playing.

Posts Quantity
YELLOW wrote:theres a lot of weird stuff going down in this track...there is one audible phrase and i never knew what it was but i thought that sunshine recorder refers back to an eagle in your mind so i think the phrase here at 2:30 could be saying now this is very irresponsible, a throwback to telephasic workshop?

opinions?

also i heard purple the other dya at 352 or so of music is math...anybody here anything out of the ordinary in geogaddi they wanna share

at 2:30 that vocal snippet sounds like two people talking... One saying "This is no fool" and after that, another saying... "Yeah!"

Good ears huh?

Sunshine Recorder...…… Taking film stay warmer.

An Eagle in Your Mind...…….. 2:00 all atop of the sancatus, high ablve the sea...…. a safe place on all counts...…… 2:14 a great place

2:21 where it is a part of him

WHAT????

THE MUSIC MAN!!!! GET WITH IT!!!!!!!!

2:24 she leaves us wanting to know if the animals are with him...…….

still an eagle in your mind ya doofs, listen harder

IT WAS NOAHS ARK!!!!!!!!

an eagle in your mind
2:43 consider yourself a fool to let him pass us by, all the appetities……… I love u
did ya, did did ya?

who? the fricken devil was on that ark

music has the right to children folks

SANCTUS: Holy Holy Holy place of song. :mrgreen: :P :twisted: :?:

I wanna hear that damn back catalog! And that 13 minute live jam as a recording. Now have mercy.

Eagle Minded
The promo copy of Alpha and Omega/Beware the Friendly Stranger played at 33.3 rpm makes way too much sense. The regular album version will always sound slightly sped up to me after hearing that. Seems like it was recorded at the slower speed or even somewhere in between. Either way it's cool:

phpBB [media]

Next

Return to Boards of Canada