GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:Anyone notice how it was posted on their Instagram story 4 times? And then tweeted I believe 3 times.

4 albums 3 eps obv

Sherbet Head
Can't believe it, its finally happening. we we're right for once. we fucking called it. wrong dates but who cares!!!

That barista was telling the truth.

That other guy from that label too!!
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
zeoevil wrote:Who is going to bite the bullet and take the weekend off to record the whole thing for the enjoyment of those who have to work?

It is actually my Bday weekend! June 21 is my bday! BEST BDAY WEEKEND OF MY LIFE!!!!! HAHA!!!
also will do the same! Although i will be recording it straight to my Pioneer Rt-909 spec IV Reel to Reel! Then will have it pass through my interface to be catalogued digitally! If anyone wants that version later, pm me! This will be amazing! My best friend is coming up and we are going to work on a new Soul Slip album as well as have our own “Campfire Headphase” session!

Eagle Minded
sixtyniner wrote:Considering NTS publish featured sessions, it's likely that WxAxRxP is going to be available after the broadcast has ended.

Just in case though, anyone can record the NTS stream with a command line tool called ffmpeg

Code: Select all
ffmpeg -i "https://stream-relay-geo.ntslive.net/stream" -c copy "ntslive.mp3"

Sick! Thanks for that dude!!!!

Dayvan Cowboy
I can totally imagine something like “and now a track from an upcoming new album by Boards of Canada” during this broadcast.

Break out those Rom Paul gifs everyone. This is not a drill!

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:I can totally imagine something like “and now a track from an upcoming new album by Boards of Canada” during this broadcast.

Break out those Rom Paul gifs everyone. This is not a drill!
Yes!!! I Hope!

Eagle Minded
I'm actually playing a show on that Saturday, ironically enough I planned to play a BOC cover haha. Hopefully I don't miss it!

Eagle Minded
Nottoolate wrote:I'm actually playing a show on that Saturday, ironically enough I planned to play a BOC cover haha. Hopefully I don't miss it!

Sweet dude! What venue arey ou playing at and what song are you planning on covering?

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:
zeoevil wrote:Who is going to bite the bullet and take the weekend off to record the whole thing for the enjoyment of those who have to work?

It is actually my Bday weekend! June 21 is my bday! BEST BDAY WEEKEND OF MY LIFE!!!!! HAHA!!!
also will do the same! Although i will be recording it straight to my Pioneer Rt-909 spec IV Reel to Reel! Then will have it pass through my interface to be catalogued digitally! If anyone wants that version later, pm me! This will be amazing! My best friend is coming up and we are going to work on a new Soul Slip album as well as have our own “Campfire Headphase” session!

Happy birthday for then!
How much tape will you require for 100 hours of audio? With me it is a tape change every twenty minutes/half an hour or so depending on whether I have set it to a lesser speed (That would be more than 200/300 reels!) Or do you just mean recording the BoC segment(s) of the event to Reel to Reel?

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:
Soul_Slip wrote:

Happy birthday for then!
How much tape will you require for 100 hours of audio? With me it is a tape change every twenty minutes/half an hour or so depending on whether I have set it to a lesser speed (That would be more than 200/300 reels!) Or do you just mean recording the BoC segment(s) of the event to Reel to Reel?

I do in fact have the amount of tape required for the entire series, I acquired a hefty donation from a now defunked analog recording studio in Minneapolis and they gave me boxes upon boxes of 10 10” reels of tape per box and same with 7” reels... all Maxell UD XL II... however, I only plan on recording the BoC, Aphex Twin, and Autechre segments.... or at least everything from BoC and some of those others....

Dayvan Cowboy
I think we should migrate to Nottoolate's 'BOC included in Warp30 streaming event' thread for the subject of Warp30 as this no longer falls under the category of speculation, but rather discussing a confirmed event.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:I think we should migrate to Nottoolate's 'BOC included in Warp30 streaming event' thread for the subject of Warp30 as this no longer falls under the category of speculation, but rather discussing a confirmed event.

Sounds good

Eagle Minded
This is all mega exciting, but what's this talk about an official BoC Instagram? I looked up both 'boardsofcanada' and 'boctransmission', and neither account is verified, or even followed by Warp. Is there another account I don't know about?

Sherbet Head
So BoC have a 2 hour slot on Sunday night :-) New album possibly box set listening party perhaps?

Dayvan Cowboy
^ One can only dream.
My lower expectation is a few new tracks interspersed with back-catalogue tracks and some unreleased material. That would be wonderful, but I secretly hope for a two hour long set of completely unheard BoC. Veering more towards wanting the new to see how they have developed since TH, but also interested in hearing the older unreleased tracks.

Then again, they are likely unreleased for a reason many of them. BoC likely have a strict quality filter when it comes to which tracks make the cut and hearing absolutely everything might change people's perception.

Dayvan Cowboy
I’m really hoping in addition to whatever new stuff they’re gonna play that we hear soundboard recordings of some of the unknown live tracks. No idea the likelihood of that.

Sherbet Head
Could be a one off pre recorded live session.. No theme in particular, besides the warp anniversary

Posts Quantity
Aphex up in less then 5 mins!

Sherbet Head
Got my notification about AFX late.. By the time I got it and clicked it was over..

Boqurant
I'm guessing a new track and a few unreleased tunes from Tomorrow's Harvest recording sessions.

HOPING to hear some material from their old EPs but I'm not getting my hopes up for that

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada