BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
Warp30 is now officially including BOC in their live stream event. What kind of contributions do you think the boys will have?

More info:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BypwdOuHmd- ... jmumhcvgxm

Eagle Minded
Quoted from an email I just received from Warp:
"Featuring exclusive mixes, live sessions, videos, unreleased music and curated archive recordings as radio shows with contributions from Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Danny Brown, Autechre, Kelela and many more special guests to be announced."

Dayvan Cowboy
Beautiful, I can't wait. It likely does deserve its own thread, but I think the reason people aren't in this one is that they are all in the General New Release Speculation thread freaking out about it, myself included.

I think it doesn't count as speculation at this stage, though, so they should probably migrate here.

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Beautiful, I can't wait. It likely does deserve its own thread, but I think the reason people aren't in this one is that they are all in the General New Release Speculation thread freaking out about it, myself included.

I think it doesn't count as speculation at this stage, though, so they should probably migrate here.

Part of why I made this thread is because it's exciting to immediately see a new thread bearing official news when you log in haha. Mods can decide what they want to do though with this though

Dayvan Cowboy
This is great news! I just really hope BoCs contribution is not a remix of a track we've already heard. I'll take what I can get at this pint though.

Sherbet Head
FUCK YES, WE WE'RE RIGHT FOR ONCE. AHAHHAHAHAHA :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Cheers, I'm having a drink on this news lol :D

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Cheers, I'm having a drink on this news lol :D

Cheers as well! A fat J/spliff for me! XD and a spin of Hi-Scores on Vinyl!

Dayvan Cowboy
holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck

break out the ron paul gifs folks

IT'S

HAPPENING

Dayvan Cowboy
Is daddy actually coming home?
He called and everything, apparently they didn't have cigarettes in stock for six years so he waited.
I-is it real?

Posts Quantity
It's amazing that a week can seem so long, after having waited for six years.

Dayvan Cowboy
I am just here to ensure that the hype train's gears are greased for the big day, don't mind me.

Eagle Minded
Perhaps we will see some of those back catalog releases or even a live performance!

Eagle Minded
A few thoughts that come to mind:

What do you all think the chances are for getting new BoC material? How about for unreleased BoC material? What would you think that we'll see more of?

If the event is 100 hours long, how much music by BoC do you think we'll get to hear? Two songs? Twenty songs? More?

When I see "streaming" I can't help but think of a live-stream. Do you think we'll actually get to see Marcus and Mike? Or will it be solely audio through the radio?

Dayvan Cowboy
I think the chance of new BoC material is virtually 100%. I don’t believe they’re going to announce them as contributors to this huge event and then have them play stuff we’ve heard before.

As to how much we’ll hear from them, that’s the biggest question. I’m hoping they’ll be using this opportunity to announce a new LP.

Also, they mentioned videos so that makes me think there’s gonna be something beyond audio happening.

Sherbet Head
Not really pinning my hopes on anything significant here. Maybe a lesser heard remix, maybe a well-known track or two, maybe a new standalone track unrelated to any larger release. I won't be listening live as I'll be in Scotland all weekend but will be checking in here to see what transpires ;)

Boqurant
Mozart wrote:A few thoughts that come to mind:

What do you all think the chances are for getting new BoC material? How about for unreleased BoC material? What would you think that we'll see more of?

If the event is 100 hours long, how much music by BoC do you think we'll get to hear? Two songs? Twenty songs? More?

When I see "streaming" I can't help but think of a live-stream. Do you think we'll actually get to see Marcus and Mike? Or will it be solely audio through the radio?

Honestly, I don't think there will be new material. If there's gonna be new album any time soon, they'll probably announce it separately from this kind of 'collective' event. More likely they will play some older and/or previously unreleased music. And it'll probably be just audio.
all things shining

Dayvan Cowboy
Sorry for lack of continuity, but if Soul_Slip is still around; what you mentioned about the donation of crates of 7" reels is fairly amazing. Maxell is my preferred brand next to Memorex as well so that is some decent quality tape.

Eagle Minded
Have you all gone mad? This isn't an official confirmation of anything other than there's going to be a bit of BOC on an internet radio station. Not new BOC, not unreleased BOC, just some BOC. That's all we know so far.

Boqurant
Omikron wrote:Have you all gone mad? This isn't an official confirmation of anything other than there's going to be a bit of BOC on an internet radio station. Not new BOC, not unreleased BOC, just some BOC. That's all we know so far.

Well, not necessarily. This is the e-mail from WARP I/we received:
"Celebrating 30 years of WARP with 100 hours of original programming from across the roster. Broadcasting non-stop globally on NTS Radio.

Featuring exclusive mixes, live sessions, videos, unreleased music and curated archive recordings as radio shows with contributions from Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Danny Brown, Autechre, Kelela and many more special guests to be announced."

Notice that BOC is the first band mentioned here. So why would expecting some unreleased material from BOC mean we're going mad? At WARP 20 they gave us 747 which was previously unreleased, so why not something now?
all things shining

Next

Return to Boards of Canada