BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
If they don't play some new BoC.. The next twoism meet might be at warp hq..

Sherbet Head
I guess I should be hyped but somehow I'm not. I'll just patiently let all of this unfold.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:If they don't play some new BoC.. The next twoism meet might be at warp hq..

ok that's actually very funny!

My hope is that this will likely be one or two new songs, my more realistic side tells me that it will be some kind of remix/cleaned up live performance. But hell, I would love some actual true gig! Bottom line, I am keeping My hopes down.
Molest me not with this pocket calculator stuff.

Eagle Minded
gestell wrote:
Omikron wrote:Have you all gone mad? This isn't an official confirmation of anything other than there's going to be a bit of BOC on an internet radio station. Not new BOC, not unreleased BOC, just some BOC. That's all we know so far.

Well, not necessarily. This is the e-mail from WARP I/we received:
"Celebrating 30 years of WARP with 100 hours of original programming from across the roster. Broadcasting non-stop globally on NTS Radio.

Featuring exclusive mixes, live sessions, videos, unreleased music and curated archive recordings as radio shows with contributions from Boards of Canada, Flying Lotus, Aphex Twin, Brian Eno, Danny Brown, Autechre, Kelela and many more special guests to be announced."

Notice that BOC is the first band mentioned here. So why would expecting some unreleased material from BOC mean we're going mad? At WARP 20 they gave us 747 which was previously unreleased, so why not something now?

We don't know which artists are going to be contributing unreleased material. I understand there's a chance, but I'm a skeptic by nature and don't want to set myself up for disappointment. I'm still excited, I must admit.

Dayvan Cowboy
The fact BoC have retweeted this multiple times leads me to believe that it is likely something more than Warp recycling old tracks.

Dayvan Cowboy
luminousdusk wrote:If they don't play some new BoC.. The next twoism meet might be at warp hq..

I think the chances of that are basically non-existent given their description of the event. We're going to hear BoC we haven't heard before, the question is just whether it'll be old, previously unreleased material or something new, possibly even from a new album.

Like I get we've been disappointed a lot in the past just by virtue of being BoC fans, but I think it's actually unrealistic at this point to assume it'll be a remix or something we've already heard. This is a huge event and they were the first artist mentioned as a contributor.

Boqurant
Got Friday off work for this. That's my whole weekend sorted.

Dayvan Cowboy
Knowing my luck I would stay awake until I was absolutely shattered waiting for BoC to come on and then fall asleep whilst the entirety of their new double album, with hidden reversed messages only available during the livestream played.

Dayvan Cowboy

while BOC will be launching some Skynet virus from somewhere in the bunker.

in other words who gives a two fuck what some boc dweller might feel, while the cosmo alignments are in play.

2020 for the next boc. or 2022 (20 years Geogaddi anniversary)

maybe

Eagle Minded
I guess I am a little more optimistic than some here. I do truly believe it will be something amazing. They are listed first, were mentioned as “wanting to finish a current project they are working on before taking on anything new”... it states their are 100 hours of original programming... I have a feeling there is plenty in store, and if there is less... well less is more because here again we have them coming out of the shadows and actively contributing to something so CHEER UP FOLKS! It’s ok to be excited ha

Eagle Minded
Valotonin wrote:Sorry for lack of continuity, but if Soul_Slip is still around; what you mentioned about the donation of crates of 7" reels is fairly amazing. Maxell is my preferred brand next to Memorex as well so that is some decent quality tape.

Ha yes my friend! It was awesome! My bandmate who works for a junk removal service got the call from a studio that wanted “junk” removed... my drummer calls and says... dude a recording studio donated a whole truck load of 10” and 7” reels of Maxell UD XLII tape as well as about 4 mint vintage reel to reel machines! Akai, Tascam, Dokorder, and Pioneer! Also received a vintage dolby NR rackmount unit and a few pre amps... XD
So he gave them to me and that’s what has been fueling a very large motivation wave for music production! I will post pictures in a while to the twoism member studio thread! A few local bands have also hired me to produce their music! Simply from hearing my analog vibes! ;)

Eagle Minded
Soul_Slip wrote:It’s ok to be excited ha

^^^

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah seriously, I get that we’ve all been disappointed and learned to keep expectations low, but as Soul_Slip said, when their name is listed first for a major Warp event specifically advertising unreleased & original material, it’s pretty silly and unrealistic to say things like “oh it’ll just be a remastered version of something we’ve heard before.”

Dayvan Cowboy
Would it be too impolite to ask MDG to confirm that the material won't be, or won't entirely be, tracks from the back-catalogue to settle the uneasiness or skepticism that some have as to the content of Warp30? That would be nice.

Sherbet Head
100 hours divided evenly among 33 artists would equate to roughly 3.03 hours worth of material each, here's hoping that it's a relatively even distribution and not horrifically lopsided lmao

The last six years of relative silence would be totally worth it if there's actually 2-3 hours of unheard BoC on the horizon, wouldn't you agree?
If The Campfire Headphase was a butterfly, would Acid Memories be the caterpillar?
Spoiler: show
Unfortunately I have no clue lmao. But while you're here, go ahead and check out some of my tunes! You might dig 'em and stuff!

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Would it be too impolite to ask MDG to confirm that the material won't be, or won't entirely be, tracks from the back-catalogue to settle the uneasiness or skepticism that some have as to the content of Warp30? That would be nice.

Honestly I think the folks who are skeptical will just have to deal with it for the next week. After all we’ll know soon enough.

Dayvan Cowboy
^ I completely agree.
Usually I feel that the longer they are silent, the busier they are.
I have no doubt that there will be new or unreleased material (potentially both) at the event. I think some are still skeptical, but Warp would have to really genuinely be milking the expectations of BoC fans in a blatant way for it to be anything else at this point.

Sherbet Head
It feels surreal to wait one week after being OK with waiting for X amount of years now :)

Dayvan Cowboy
It is quite surreal.
The time since TH has flown by relatively quickly but it is at somewhat of a standstill now, maybe a testament to how eager I am for new BoC, but it feels a little bit like the night before christmas did to me as a kid.

Friendly Stranger
I'm experiencing a night before Christmas feeling as well . .

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada