clocolan - 719

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

From the upcoming album...
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Posts Quantity
Oh my! "Listen To Your Future" was cool. Sweetwater has a good tapedeck. I might invest, though i believe affordable cassette player/recorders will make a comeback, if not... zzounds is already breaking the banK.

Dayvan Cowboy
Someone on Last.fm recommended Clocolan to me because of my 20,000+ BoC plays. To be honest I found it a pale imitation of Boards, emotionally monotone with the gimmick of distorted voices overwrought.

However, I did enjoy this track more than anything on Nothing Left to Abandon. So maybe I’ll give the new record a spin and reassess. I like changing my mind for the better.

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Someone on Last.fm recommended Clocolan to me because of my 20,000+ BoC plays. To be honest I found it a pale imitation of Boards, emotionally monotone with the gimmick of distorted voices overwrought.

However, I did enjoy this track more than anything on Nothing Left to Abandon. So maybe I’ll give the new record a spin and reassess. I like changing my mind for the better.

oh my good sir... I'd say some of his production and use of vocal sampling rivals BOC and compared to most of the Twoism forum artists, his music really stands out. Of course, differences of opinion in our cases, but I'd recommend you give tracks like: Obsolete Advancements and Everything You See Is You another go. Not only are his compositions dramatic, immaculately produced and mysteriously intriguing but his manipulations of the vocals and the messages contained within are some stellar work, and as mentioned above -I believe they could hold their own against some of Boards of Canada's works. One thing I've never enjoyed about this fandom is the elitism and gate-keeping that is sometimes present....
Just because it wasn't made by BOC doesn't mean it isn't phenomenal art. Clocolan has inspired me quite a lot and I hold his music within the same realms of esteem as some of the more popular artists of the genre. ANother thing I might add and remind you of is that BOC are a DUO and he is a singular artist. I think that should definitely be taken into consideration. I believe he has quite the talent and I'll continue supporting his music. Again, just me poofing my opinion though.
you don't care to hear until you listen

Return to This Random Sound