Recommend films/documentaries, etc.

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
Watched the first three episodes. Really good stuff so far but why did they make it in English? I mean I get it, but it jut feels a little inauthentic.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
I thought it worked quite well, like in the Kenneth Branagh version of Wallander - less distracting than English actors all trying to do Russian accents.

Happy Cycler
Now I've gotten used to it and listened to the podcast, which is brilliant by the way, it makes much more sense. Definitely the best mini series I've watched. The first two episodes were compelling.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
I haven't checked out the podcast yet, will have to do that. Actually that reminds me, is there a recommended podcast thread on here? I need to put a list together.
That first episode in particular... the couple of scenes where the plant workers looked down into the core....that sense of dread and the soundtrack.... amazing.

Friendly Stranger
For those of you with access to Netflix, please do yourselves a favor and watch their original series 'The OA'. Absolutely compelling.

Dayvan Cowboy
float face wrote:For those of you with access to Netflix, please do yourselves a favor and watch their original series 'The OA'. Absolutely compelling.

I second second second second this.

Season 1 is great as it is, but season 2 completely blew me out of the fucking water.
Season 2 is such an awesome mindfuck from beginning to start, i fucking love it.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Dayvan Cowboy
Will definitely have to watch the OA. I've really been enjoying indie sci-fi stuff, some of the best films I've seen over the last few years - Under the Skin, Take Shelter, Another Earth, Primer, Timecrimes, Moon etc.
Just finished watching another cracker - Coherence.

Site Admin
Thank you so much for the recommendations of The OA! Watched first season and started today with the 2nd season. Awesome, well thought out series! It definitely is a mindfuck as portiss describes.

@portiss: really want to experience a mindfuck squared? Black Mirror | Bandersnatch
You can only watch this on Netflix on a smart tv, mobile device, laptop or game console as you have to make decisions along the way. Don't watch the trailer as it spoils too much imo.
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
This looks very promising...

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Aesthetics wrote:Thank you so much for the recommendations of The OA! Watched first season and started today with the 2nd season. Awesome, well thought out series! It definitely is a mindfuck as portiss describes.

@portiss: really want to experience a mindfuck squared? Black Mirror | Bandersnatch
You can only watch this on Netflix on a smart tv, mobile device, laptop or game console as you have to make decisions along the way. Don't watch the trailer as it spoils too much imo.

Big fan of Black Mirror, so yeah I watched it.

Also, fucking Netflix canceled the OA. It was the most mind provoking series on there, and now they canceled it.
Some people think it's just some sort of promotion for season 3, which can be understandable if you watched the first 2 seasons, but I think that's just looking for things that arent there.

Hope it gets picked up by another service.

Friendly Stranger
I hadn't heard the OA had been cancelled. What a shame! That was the only series I have seen in recent history that piqued my interest at all really.

Boqurant
Yep OA was cancelled. TBH i don't even know
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Dayvan Cowboy
Ad astra. You need to watch on the big screen.

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

https://www.vulcanproductions.com/our-work/thecoldblue

Dayvan Cowboy
portiss wrote:
float face wrote:For those of you with access to Netflix, please do yourselves a favor and watch their original series 'The OA'. Absolutely compelling.

Season 1 is great as it is, but season 2 completely blew me out of the fucking water.
Season 2 is such an awesome mindfuck from beginning to start, i fucking love it.

Just finished both, have to agree, the first season was great, if a wee bit flat in places, but they just blew the doors off with season two.

Also, anyone who enjoyed this really, really needs to watch Dark.

Dayvan Cowboy
jcnporter wrote:
portiss wrote:

Just finished both, have to agree, the first season was great, if a wee bit flat in places, but they just blew the doors off with season two.

Also, anyone who enjoyed this really, really needs to watch Dark.

Dark is awesome as well indeed, let's just hope the cunts at Netflix don't kill it off.

Happy Cycler
Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project
phpBB [media]

This looks incredible.

New Seed
I can recommend "Chernobyl" by HBO. It was interesting to know how everything was
My favorite gaming site: book of ra kostenlos spielen. Enjoy with me

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:Recorder: The Marion Stokes Project
phpBB [media]

This looks incredible.

Those in power are able to write they're own history. If they can afford the tools to document.

Happy Cycler
I honestly don't think this trailer quite does it justice, but I highly recommend Audience Of One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrwkWw6QfVQ

Delusional pastor descends into wackiness trying to make a big budget hollywood movie with no expertise. Spoiler it doesn't happen.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground