One on Twoism volume 7, how to continue?

WE DON'T BЯAINWASH

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

How to continue?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:10 pm

Re-open contributions and postpone the release of OoT7
59%
Continue with OoT7 and let someone else do the mixing
32%
End the One on Twoism project
3%
Something else.... (please explain)
6%

Total votes: 34

Happy Cycler
Aesthetics wrote:I like that idea!

Does anyone know where to find copyright free sounds like that.. or someone who can possibly create some?

I have a 16 plus minute session I recorded where I did nothing but scan through AM radio. You could hack your way through it and pick out some parts. Is that something you might be interested in?

Site Admin
Sure send it over! :)
Life is a Frequency

Sherbet Head

Does anyone know where to find copyright free sounds like that.. or someone who can possibly create some?

I have a video synthesiser with an audio output of the video which creates weird analog video sound artifact.

I can play with noise on my synthesisers and see what I can come up with!! :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Happy Cycler
TheStatPow wrote:

I have a video synthesiser with an audio output of the video which creates weird analog video sound artifact.

I can play with noise on my synthesisers and see what I can come up with!! :mrgreen:

Now that sounds cool! I saw some of your videos on your YT channel. Looks like a neat device.

Sherbet Head
mechanismj wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:

Now that sounds cool! I saw some of your videos on your YT channel. Looks like a neat device.

It is a neat device, but people generally don't want to pay the price they go for. If only they knew how fun it is ...

Brought out my setup, I'll see what I come up with
Suck my BUTT

Dayvan Cowboy

This is an online shortwave receiver. I've used it on a couple of things. Great for sweeping the airwaves.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901

Happy Cycler
IanRedpoint wrote:

This is an online shortwave receiver. I've used it on a couple of things. Great for sweeping the airwaves.

http://websdr.ewi.utwente.nl:8901

This is super cool! Thank you!

Simple!
Short wave radio + night time = success.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Mexicola wrote:Simple!
Short wave radio + night time = success.

Sir, your math looks good. A+

Dayvan Cowboy
^ Its true. Lucky I am mostly a nocturnal creature as it means I get the most interesting shortwave stations when I feel like going and having a play with it.

Honestly, I doubt twoism records would get a copyright claim from a short segment of a turkish independent talkshow on the godliness of domestic chicken farming.

The copyright angle didn't even enter my thinking. Just record a shit load of shortwave and chop, reverse ,distort, warp etc. It's so easy even I can do it lol.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Does it have to be a seamless mix, or could it just be a compilation of unmixed tracks? I would presume at this point having it be a mix where each track flows together is part of the 2ism 'brand' but it does place a sizable stricture on whole project, especially for you Aesthetics. Most comps do not try to mix things together like the One On Twoism comps.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Eagle Minded

You could try https://archive.org/

see ya,
Telephasic Workshop

Sherbet Head
Im posting this here and not the recommended documentary thread becuase of how relevant it is to the subject matter, well worth a watch and hits the nail on the head regarding the theme of the new OOT compilation, a source of inspiration perhaps. You all should watch the 'The Great Hack' on Netflix. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_great_hack

Admins I appologise if this post is no good here please delete or whatever if you feel my post is too misplaced :)

Site Admin
Dude! I started watching this documentary on Netflix yesterday and came about halfway. Will continue later on but I heard enough samples already.

As a musician this would be enough material to create something with, right? I'll see if I can filter out some material.
Life is a Frequency

Posts Quantity
archive.org is likely the best starting place. Odd coincidence that I had just done a mix that uses incidental dialog snippets between tracks; I didn't know BOC's mix did this (another reason I need to find time to listen to it...) but it makes a lot of sense because you can tie together very different tracks without key or beat matching.
[ .... ... .. . .. … …. ]
http://clocolan.space

Dayvan Cowboy
I hope this opinion isn't too unpopular, but the thought of doing the whole radio static shtick moments after BOC did the exact same thing, seems very uncool to me (I recognise the suggestion was first made before SXT came out, but still :))

Happy Cycler
I don't know the status of what's happened, that I knew would, or what I feel about the work that currently cannot be done because so much is broken.

I have not been up to date. In fact, I feel I've betrayed close friends - by no chosing - yet I have not been there. Do I believe in all of you? That has never changed. Struggling, doing well. . . This community functions on the strength of others and a goal.

I may never get my goddamned, admittedly intentional centrepiece of a Twoism entry submitted but I intend to FINISH it no matter how long and you will hear it, outside the compilation or within if we still are in stagnation.

That's how much you all matter to me. I love you. I never, ever gave up. I stressed constantly.

It will be worth it.
Okay...now...wait for fog machine.

Eagle Minded
Any chance we could get an update on how it’s coming along? Not trying to rush anyone by any means, the anticipation is just killing me!
no information at this moment in time

Nova Scotia Robot
Jonse wrote:I don't know the status of what's happened, that I knew would, or what I feel about the work that currently cannot be done because so much is broken.

I have not been up to date. In fact, I feel I've betrayed close friends - by no chosing - yet I have not been there. Do I believe in all of you? That has never changed. Struggling, doing well. . . This community functions on the strength of others and a goal.

I may never get my goddamned, admittedly intentional centrepiece of a Twoism entry submitted but I intend to FINISH it no matter how long and you will hear it, outside the compilation or within if we still are in stagnation.

That's how much you all matter to me. I love you. I never, ever gave up. I stressed constantly.

It will be worth it.

Cheers, Jose. I look forward to hearing it, whenever that may be.

Peace and flowers, bud.

PreviousNext

Return to Twoism Records