"Play By Numbers" high quality cover source?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Friendly Stranger
All of the rare early releases had a 200x200 cover scan uploaded on the old Boards of Canada website. These are the highest quality cover images that surfaced and are the ones now used on bocpages.

Play By Numbers is the exception. That also had a 200x200 version on the original website, but a much higher quality scan of the cover surfaced since then, a 600x600 scan which has enough detail to show that the cover seems to be a stapled booklet.

Joyrex added this to Bocpages in 2017, saying it was from Discogs. KilroytheKilljoy (member here) uploaded it to Discogs in 2015. Anyone know if it was circulating online before that?

Friendly Stranger
Too late to edit the post, but I see now the high quality cover came from this mystery upload of "Numerator" from Play By Numbers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLp-M3yhM0

Consensus is that it's fake, and is a remix of Audiotrack 04B (although I'm not convinced)

Anyway it's already discussed to death here. Carry on.

Posts Quantity

Posts Quantity
Seems like this HQ cover is admitted as fake in another thread and should be removed from bocpages.

Dayvan Cowboy
I must say that the high quality cover looks amazing, and even if it was fake, it was still a great homage to an already great cover. I love that the threes in the baby's eyes are more mechanical looking, like they belong on a digital clock or something.

Whenever I debate with myself whether I'd want to hear Hooper Bay or PBN more. It's always PBN's epic cover that makes it a difficult toss-up. Knowing Board's tendency towards going full-out with concepts, PBN's cover and the song titles give It the potential of being one of the coolest works in the catalog.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Return to Boards of Canada