What ever happened to MDG?

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey guys, was just kind of curious, but does anyone know why he doesn't post on here anymore? I'd assume like the bros themselves, he has a life and is much to busy to indulge in people's questions about what BOC are currently up to. But I must say, it was really nice getting reassured by him that stuff was happening with our favorite band. I'm definitely jealous I wasn't around during the time that he let everyone know that a new album (Tomorrow's Harvest) was coming out. Something like that would have made me less uncertain than I am now.

Anyway, I just made this thread to ask if anyone knows what's up with him, and to MDG himself, if you're reading this, I hope everything's alright! Thanks for helping keep everyone's hopes up over the years. :D

And lastly, I'm sorry if this thread annoys anyone. I'm new here, but I definitely mean no harm with this thread.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Much like when BOC stepped out of the shadows for in-person interviews during the Campfire Headphase era then regressed back to email interviews by Tomorrow's Harvest, my guess is that he's done the whole "public voice of Hexagon Sun" thing for a few years and doesn't want to anymore.

Nova Scotia Robot
He's showed up to debunk what needs to be debunked and help out where he can.
Other than that, if there isn't something that needs saying, there is no need to say anything.
He likely still checks things out on twoism here and there, looking for anything that needs the attention of an official statement. It's happened before that he was very quiet for a long time and then came out of the batcave to clear something up that needed clearing up.

Most of the conversations here in the last while have just been speculation and odds and ends. Being a friend of the band, he much more than likely has no need to speculate at all. If there is something solid to say or show, it'll likely start through an official source like WARP Records. If there is nothing solid to reveal for the time being, what is there to say that hasn't already been said? They are working on stuff.

No worries about this thread. It's a valid question that I'm sure many more than just yourself are wondering.

Welcome, by the way. :D

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks for the answers guys!

And thanks for being so kind, 747music. I just figured asking this might be the equivalent of pestering MDG or just asking something everyone asks. Glad it's not!

Posts Quantity
Just for the record, he's never told us any specific information about new albums, just vague comments like'working on new material'. It is worth going back and reading his old posts though - you might learn a few things

Think of him as Gandalf. He appears when necessary, not when we want ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:Think of him as Gandalf. He appears when necessary, not when we want ;-)

Having just taken a Tolkien class, this is a perfect analogy. Though I do wonder how we all fit into it haha

Deus ex machina innit ;-)

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
“What happened to MDG?”

Meanwhile we’ve got threads like “Marcus Eoin is a bisexual icon.” Do we really have to wonder?

Moved. Meant to do it sooner but got distracted. Marcus sent me some photos on Grindr.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Our buddy actually stopped in 4 days after this thread was posted. Makes me wonder if this thread had anything to do with it or if there's another reason.

Lol, at this point I'm so starved for news, I'll take anything.

Edit: Also yeah, this thread is definitely something a newbie would post. So like I said before, my apologies to anyone who considers it redundant or stupid.

Return to Boards of Canada