GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Maybe we're the 300 hot screamin' kids waiting to see Leo the Lizard.

Eagle Minded
SamuraiDrifter wrote:Maybe we're the 300 hot screamin' kids waiting to see Leo the Lizard.

Conversation probably went something along these lines at BoC HQ:

Marcus: "I know the perfect song we should use...."
Mike: "No Marcus, they don't want to see Leo the Lizard, put him away!"
Marcus: "FINE!" *ziiiiiip*
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
Nothing whatsoever to be alarmed about- but today the official BoC twitter account retweeted and liked the following article titled "10 essential @boctransmission tracks"

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... ce=twitter

Dayvan Cowboy
^”Everything You Do Is Balloon”

Eagle Minded
Maybe boc's 70th tweet will be the album reveal :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
I've been plugging a few lines from that track into subzin.com (great resource for tracking down film samples!)

So far the only one it's found is the Leo the lizard line which is from a 1984 episode of the a team. (Now I think about it, the opening titles did show Hannibal wearing some kind of reptile costume, but I wouldn't have guessed that)

Eagle Minded
Tears from the compound eye, apart of warps new playlist “daydreaming at night”
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
I believe one of the samples goes, “The doctor says you should stay in bed.” I believe it’s from the Singing Detective, might be wrong but I thought one of the nurses says that.
"The patience of a true enthusiast is unlimited." - Albert Camus

Boqurant
sett wrote: I feel like the song The Other Stranger by Doxa Sinitra was sort of directed towards the listeners.

Yep, i thought that too

Eagle Minded
That Billboard article they retweeted kinda alludes that there is more coming. With unraveling the mystery of unknown tracks and everything.

Eagle Minded
Anybody have any theories or speculative thoughts as of lately? Interested in hearing them even if you think they are insignificant or off the wall.

Eagle Minded
Mozart wrote:Anybody have any theories or speculative thoughts as of lately? Interested in hearing them even if you think they are insignificant or off the wall.

I truly believe they’ll release something next year, 2021 at the latest. There was a long time in between CH and TH as well. My newest strategy is to just not even think about it, and pop my head in here every now and then in hopes of being pleasantly surprised.

Eagle Minded
Yeah I definitely agree. I'm feeling 2020 and perhaps another remix sometime later this year. But I suppose the joy is it is we never know - it could be next month for all we know.

I must ask, out of curiosity, are you the musician Helios? Cause if so I love your music :lol:

Boqurant
Mozart wrote:Yeah I definitely agree. I'm feeling 2020 and perhaps another remix sometime later this year. But I suppose the joy is it is we never know - it could be next month for all we know.

I must ask, out of curiosity, are you the musician Helios? Cause if so I love your music :lol:

With that join date I'd say yes.

Friendly Stranger
The Helios here is not the artist Helios.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=428&p=6322#p6322

Eagle Minded
Thanks for the clarification :D

I'm running out of speculative steam for this thread as of lately. I really wish more than anything I could chime in with something noteworthy or even somewhat memorable, but I haven't been able to come up with much despite trying pretty hard. I guess we're just going to be back in this waiting period for quite some time so I should get used to it ;D I have faith BoC will surface exactly when they need to. I'll leave with you with a few quotes from 2013 that I've been pondering over as of lately:

"We’re always working on new material, all the time, and we had quite a singular vision for what Tomorrow's Harvest should be."

" Like any musician, I think there’s always a hunger to surprise yourself or take some sort of 90-degree turn with each new project."

"We’d be making music anyway even if nobody was listening, and we’ve no intention of stopping, so this is just a continuation."

"A couple of years ago we decided to start collating and cataloging all our early recordings, just for ourselves really, to know that we could tidy it all up and hand it on to our kids someday, but there are literally thousands of tracks going way back into the ’80s. It’s a huge task, and this just seemed to eat up time. We’ve been working on new music all the time throughout this, so we have a lot of material to wade through."

"EOIN: Hundreds of tracks (were recorded for Tomorrow's Harvest). But that’s pretty normal for us. During the time we were recording this record there were lots of finished tracks that didn’t quite fit the plan we had for it, so yeah, a few albums’ worth."

"Eoin: We've been busy in our rehearsal space lately, so never say never."

"We want to perform live again if we can make it into something really special. We've already started working on this a little and we hope that this will soon result in something special."

(Talking about what was left out of Tomorrow's Harvest) "MIKE: Quite much. Perhaps enough to make another album or even two, even if we're talking of raw stuff that still needs much work on. This is absolutely normal for us, you know, the same happened with the previous albums. Maybe part of this unused material will somehow see the light someday. We can't exclude that."

Sandison: "Music is an almost endless series of possible combinations of notes, melodies, chords, textures, rhythms and so on. In the short period of time people are composing music we only tried a few, I'm very curious to find out where we'll find ourselves in the future"

:twisted:

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:(Talking about what was left out of Tomorrow's Harvest) "MIKE: Quite much. Perhaps enough to make another album or even two, even if we're talking of raw stuff that still needs much work on. This is absolutely normal for us, you know, the same happened with the previous albums. Maybe part of this unused material will somehow see the light someday. We can't exclude that."

I wonder how many hours of music it would represent if they were to release all these unreleased tracks. Can't wait for the day they'll go for a Soundcloud dump like AFX did, if that ever happens :]

Dayvan Cowboy
Ottomatik wrote:Can't wait for the day they'll go for a Soundcloud dump like AFX did, if that ever happens :]

I doubt they will, most of those tracks wouldn't be too enjoyable to listen to anyway. Some of them would likely be really good quality ones that just didn't thematically fit into the albums, but the others are ones that likely didn't make it past their personal quality filter. It would ruin the magic if we were to hear absolutely everything.

Eagle Minded
I'd absolutely love a curated and 'cleaned up' 6LP/3CD set of unreleased material.

None of us know how much stuff they have in the vaults, and we definitely don't know how much of it is actually top tier BoC, but I reckon it's safe to say they could fill a 6LP comp with ultra sick jams.

Dayvan Cowboy
"...and hand it on to our kids someday."

At the risk of sounding selfish, it would seem that we won't be getting our bocset any time soon.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada