Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

New Seed
20, MI. Hello.

Friendly Stranger
I'm Milesium. I'm an introverted dude

Along with being a fan of BoC, I also like characters such as Tails from the Sonic series

I'm a character designer and a wannabe writer.

When it comes to BoC, I feel like BoC isn't just music. I feel like it's art that everyone should at least listen to.

2007 star converting arthur filming baldry sexer

Dayvan Cowboy
fefor wrote:
Tesseract wrote:Greetings all,

I am 22 M from California. Long time fan of BoC and AFX but I am looking to get into more IDM type stuff. I've listened to a little Autechre and Luke Vibert and so far so good. Recommendations Welcome!

Greetings! while at it I'll introduce myself too, I'm 22 from Argentina, been a fan of Aphex Twin for a while now but my BoC obsession is recent.
I'd recommend checking out µ-Ziq, you could start with the Tango n' Vectif album, its my one of my faves.

sett wrote:20, MI. Hello.

Milesium-487 wrote:I'm Milesium. I'm an introverted dude

Along with being a fan of BoC, I also like characters such as Tails from the Sonic series

I'm a character designer and a wannabe writer.

When it comes to BoC, I feel like BoC isn't just music. I feel like it's art that everyone should at least listen to.

Hey all! Welcome to twoism. Not sure where the bar staff are at the moment. MDG is currently holding up in the toilet stall towards the back of the "out of order" gents room. Once in a while you hear a faint whisper of his pleading for food, but since the pork scratchings stopped being slipped under the door, I assume he has gone into a meditative water-fasting state. The last person to peek through the window next to the air vent by the bins outside claims to have seen him levitating, but that can't be taken at face value as he was only there to regurgitate his many beverages of the evening.

The restaurant has been closed for a fair few months now; we tend to intercept the ice cream van on its rounds to bring in food for the community at the moment, but having a 99 flake for brunch and a twister for dinner on a daily basis gets kind of monotonous.

New Seed
Hi, I'm from Patagonia Argentina
I have been a fan of BOC for 4 years. Observer hidden under the waters, in search of something ...

Posts Quantity
Oh shit, hi there! first time I've seen a fellow BoC fan from Argentina :D (other than my best friend who I'm slowly getting into it, so far he loved Geogaddi, MHTRTC and TH and listens to them regularly)
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

New Seed
Hi everyone, I’m TheseVGF, currently living in the UK. Been a fan of BoC, Aphex Twin and Autechre for a few months now. Love these guys ❤️
The past inside the present...

Friendly Stranger
Hey what's up. I joined in 2011 as "PlacentaSand" but decided to just make a new account because the name was just too much. It was a reference to Aquarius because I used to think at the end of the track the sample was saying "placenta" when in fact it's "for sands and stars" so... I was also young and very soft brained.

But anyway PEACE yall! Glad to be back with a more relevant name!
MUSIC70INTHEHOUSE

New Seed
Longtime TWOISM browser, listener of Boards since MHTRTC cd in 2000, Let It Be Records, Minneapolis. For now, I'm the newest seed. Frustrated TH code breaker/structure solver/sync-er believer. Accidental Lake Dolores tourist (found myself near by chance on a 2017 road trip, got there just before sunset, I'll share photos - I was alone except for a drone that showed up to watch me taking pictures, maybe piloted by someone in the house nearby?).

I bought MHTRTC without hearing a note, based on allmusic.com reviews, my reading branching off from artificial intelligence compilations, The Orb, Autechre, DJ Shadow. I was in a trance two minutes into Eagle In Your Mind. I was fully fascinated when it began making repeated inhalation sounds and told me "I-love-you" at the midpoint. I remember my state of anticipation on first listen when Zoetrope's chiming chords wandered, returned, stepped away, teased an ending, ran away, delayed an ending, returned, and ended, ed-d-d. "It is a sad and beautiful world." I remember when my Geogaddi book-cd arrived in a padded envelope, UK to snow-melt Colorado, along with cardboard squares and stickers.

I'm interested in trading some audio-visual collages, mixes, through the mail, maybe.

Favorite released tracks are probably Amo Bishop Roden, Skyliner, Sixtyten, Bocuma-Roygbiv, Open The Light, The Beach at Redpoint, Oscar See Through Red Eye, Peacock Tail, Sherbet Head, Nlogax, Sick Times, Come To Dust. And about 12-20 more, haha! I bought all eps and albums in the order I could - IABPOIC cd before Hi Scores cd. Recently bleeped me the Hi Scores vinyl.

Still only passing knowledge of Old Tunes, R35TT and other rare or tangential material, mostly gained via this board and youtube. Big thanks! Loving Poppy Seed remix and all their live sets.

I am buying some regular old cassette tapes soon at the nearby record shop to tape NTS fest.

Have a nice golden hour. :] :) :D :mrgreen: See you again reel soon.
Golden Hour describes the quality of light while the sun is between six degrees above the horizon and six degrees beyond

Friendly Stranger
[22] Hi ! Big fan of Boc, Love this forum, hope make friends and share music and stuff !

Boqurant
Been here a long time but rarely post.

Really excited for the WARP30 event

New Seed
hey, im karsten. been a fan of BOC for about 5 or 6 years now i reckon. have always wanted a forum to talk to people about BOC/other related stuff but never really put the effort into signing up here til now. so excited about all this WARP 30 stuff, even listening to squarepushers set right now is exciting me!!!

New Seed
Hi, I'm 0shi. Long time lurker, finally signed in (and this has nothing to do with some kind of two hours live set which is apparently being broadcast this very evening.) Really glad to be here!

New Seed
posting after a long time

joined awhile ago and left for too long

I first heard Everything You Do Is A Balloon in Morvern Callar, and it was instant love.

Living in Canada and happily listening

New Seed
Heyo all,

Been a fan of Warp, Rephlex, Planet Mu etc fan since the late 90s. BoC was always suggested to me but never really appealed until about 8 years ago when I heard something by them with the right goggles on and have been in love ever since. I've been a bass player for 20+ years in various rock bands but have recently been trying to teach myself all about midi and synthesizers. My soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/glomewav

Cheers!

New Seed
Hello.

This forum and such caught my attention with the whole warp30 thing. Figured I should try sticking around. I'm... not really good at these kinds of introductions, heh. Can't ever work out what to say. I guess you'll figure me out from interacting with me on the forum.

Boqurant
Hey everyone. I've been a lurker here for the past year or so, but the Societas x Tape release has finally convinced me to join the discussion! It's a good time to be a BoC fan right now.
I also have a question; how can I add a profile picture? Do I need to hit a certain amount of posts or am I just missing the option? Thanks, and seeya later :wink:

Edit: Found the profile pic editor :)

New Seed
from Belgium, been listening to BoC i think exactly a year now and they are one of the few artists in my library that always sound fresh, crisp and new, no matter how many times i've listened to all of their stuff. try to make every music conversation about Boards Of Canada among my friends, which is an annoying habit.

favorite tracks: Staircase Whip, Happy Cycling, Mukinabaht, Mansel, Aquarius, B11 (from 35 tracks tape), Spectrum, Finity, all of Geogaddi

BoC

New Seed
from Belgium, been listening to BoC i think exactly a year now and they are one of the few artists in my library that always sound fresh, crisp and new, no matter how many times i've listened to all of their stuff. try to make every music conversation about Boards Of Canada among my friends, which is an annoying habit.

favorite tracks: Staircase Whip, Happy Cycling, Mukinabaht, Mansel, Aquarius, B11 (from 35 tracks tape), Spectrum, Finity, all of Geogaddi

favorite BoC trademark: chopped up voices going along with the rhythm like "e-e-e-e-a-a-a-a-a-the-the-the-the-b-b-b-b" or whatever, like in Staircase Whip, Nlogax, Palace Posy, etc.

Friendly Stranger
Hello. DJ podcaster and producer from UK here. Didn't really like BoC until Tomorrow's Harvest but a big fan now.

Boqurant
Hello twoism, almost forgot to introduce myself.

I first heard of BoC from a friend in around 2001. He was really into warp records at the time, and I was new to electronic music, having been a fan of 'alternative' and rap mostly. I told him "I like hip-hop beats" so he recommended a few tracks with that in mind - Kid for Today, Oirectine, Pete Standing Alone and Rue the Whirl were in the list as I recall. He brought in Music has the Right to Children to work and I had a listen. MHTRTC, Geogaddi and Kid A are pretty much the reason I'm a fan of the genre into the present day.

There are very few bands whom I would categorize as having a real, lasting effect on me, but I rank BoC very high on that list for sure. In my teen years of course I was a fan of Marilyn Manson, for example - I saw him in '96 or '97 on the Antichrist Superstar tour - but like many folks over time my tastes changed. I still listen to heavy metal and stuff but I mostly grew past getting a kick out of angry music.

Whatever secret factor Boards of Canada has that they apply to their music to my ears is unique, their sound is untouched by anything else I can think of. Their back catalog is a gem among treasures and I look forward to anything else they might do.

At any rate, nice to meet you all. Take care and have a good one.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada