GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
alright boys and girls, fire up the hype train, we're going for another ride!

Eagle Minded

Sherbet Head
Wind em up and let em go!

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm happy I could share this with you guys! Remember they did say to keep our eyes open for the WxAxRxP mark throughout the rest of 2019 so I knew they weren't done yet. This is just more confirmation.

I hope there's a shop selling stuff too. I'll definitely pick up anything Bibio did at Warp 30. I didn't even listen to his unreleased stuff yet, but he's been an addiction lately.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
Hey, cool! Pretty sweet that you got a response! :D

When did the Warp site get its current design? I don't remember it looking like this https://warp.net/

And the Tomorrow's Harvest track list is FINALLY fixed: https://warp.net/releases/120548-boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest

Dayvan Cowboy
GeoDose wrote:Hey, cool! Pretty sweet that you got a response! :D

When did the Warp site get its current design? I don't remember it looking like this https://warp.net/

And the Tomorrow's Harvest track list is FINALLY fixed: https://warp.net/releases/120548-boards-of-canada-tomorrows-harvest

What was wrong with the TH track list?

I'm going to grasp a few straws and say maybe they're cleaning it up because they know people will be looking around it soon :P

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
GeoDose wrote:Hey, cool! Pretty sweet that you got a response! :D

What was wrong with the TH track list?

I'm going to grasp a few straws and say maybe they're cleaning it up because they know people will be looking around it soon :P

Hehe, let's hope that's the reason! xD

For quite awhile the TH track list had Gemini missing from the beginning and placed at the end instead; and a random song from MHTRTC was stuck in at the end as well - Telephasic Workshop I believe. Twas a bit of a mystery.

Dayvan Cowboy
GeoDose wrote:

For quite awhile the TH track list had Gemini missing from the beginning and placed at the end instead; and a random song from MHTRTC was stuck in at the end as well - Telephasic Workshop I believe. Twas a bit of a mystery.

The reason that is suspicious is because BoC are one of Warp's biggest cash cows. BoC are one of few in Warp's roster who has a lot of fans outside the genre of electronic/IDM music

You'd think their label would take better care of their page with that much notoriety. But honestly, my theory is that this was an error but Warp left it up because they knew it would fuck with us.

I swear that either Mike and Marcus, or Warp themselves have had a good laugh by creating some kind of suspicious error like this one. I'd totally do it myself if I was in their position.

That said, now the fun and games are over and they have to make their pages look all pretty for what's coming next in the Warp 30 celebration.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:
GeoDose wrote:

You'd think their label would take better care of their page with that much notoriety. But honestly, my theory is that this was an error but Warp left it up because they knew it would fuck with us.

Almost definitely this is what happened, and they just rolled with it lol. :lol:

Well the site definitely looks pretty! I'm so ready for new tunes... Bring it on!

Boqurant
The weird thing is, it almost makes sense in a way - like after an apocalypse what would any survivors want to do? re-establish lines of communication, hopefully.

The obvious theme of TH is apocalyptic. 'Telephasic' is not a real word, it's an example of a portmanteau invented by BoC. We can however break down the word into it's two root parts - tele, which comes from latin meaning 'distant' and phase, which has roots in greek 'to show' or 'appearance'. So telephasic could possibly be understood as "to show across a distance" or possibly "to communicate across a medium"

Funny that it's the song that would be involved in a typo or error.

Dayvan Cowboy
reflex17 wrote:The weird thing is, it almost makes sense in a way - like after an apocalypse what would any survivors want to do? re-establish lines of communication, hopefully.

The obvious theme of TH is apocalyptic. 'Telephasic' is not a real word, it's an example of a portmanteau invented by BoC. We can however break down the word into it's two root parts - tele, which comes from latin meaning 'distant' and phase, which has roots in greek 'to show' or 'appearance'. So telephasic could possibly be understood as "to show across a distance" or possibly "to communicate across a medium"

Funny that it's the song that would be involved in a typo or error.

You might be onto something there. And it's definitely not the furthest reach I've seen over the last 6 years. It could very much imply "there is some kind of communication/appearance in the distance."

I just think the biggest thing that lends to that theory is why the hell would Warp be cool with having the page of one of their biggest bands look so unprofessional. Someone who's not particular Boards savy might actually believe Telephasic Workshop is on Harvest if they only saw that. It's such basic marketing/site design.

Eagle Minded
IIRC, the correct time for Geogaddi is 66:06 and they have it wrong on the website. I found that odd.

I had this strange thought this morning while driving to work- it's probably not worth writing out but I'll do it anyways for the fun of it. I was listening to Societas X (for the 50th or so time lol) and got to the "Thank you for not smoking" track and it sort of reminded me a bit of some post-apocalyptic scene. Then you start to transition into to the next track that we all know and love: "Just an Illusion (Aquarius mix)". The way that song blossoms ever so upbeat is unlike anything I've ever heard. Pretend for a moment that the track before symbolizes a bit of Tomorrow's Harvest. I like to think that the next track is going to be like the next album; something of an upbeat/triumphant mix. Like you've gone through hell, you keep going, and finally get to bliss.

Posts Quantity
Mozart wrote:IIRC, the correct time for Geogaddi is 66:06 and they have it wrong on the website. I found that odd.

I had this strange thought this morning while driving to work- it's probably not worth writing out but I'll do it anyways for the fun of it. I was listening to Societas X (for the 50th or so time lol) and got to the "Thank you for not smoking" track and it sort of reminded me a bit of some post-apocalyptic scene. Then you start to transition into to the next track that we all know and love: "Just an Illusion (Aquarius mix)". The way that song blossoms ever so upbeat is unlike anything I've ever heard. Pretend for a moment that the track before symbolizes a bit of Tomorrow's Harvest. I like to think that the next track is going to be like the next album; something of an upbeat/triumphant mix. Like you've gone through hell, you keep going, and finally get to bliss.

I like the sound of that! What would make me happy is for the album to be like what you described above, but with some darkness and sadness creeping in towards the end. Sort of like the turn taken in the last few tracks of "Campfire."

Eagle Minded
I would love to hear a new album of super mathematic psychedelic experimental tape tracks much like basefree, or even like some of the more psychedelic techno they played on Societas X Tape, something weird lol

Dayvan Cowboy
New Wxaxrxp event in Japan: https://imgur.com/a/qVxD0SY

There's going to be some big exhibition there and whatever's happening on the fifth floor is labeled "Don't tell anyone it's a secret !!!" The !!! is probably a reference to the group called !!!, but then again, you never know.

If Boc were unveiling something, japan wouldn't be the last place I'd think. They like Japan and have given more in-depth interviews and bonus tracks to them. Plus there was that Reach For The Dead video that aired over there.

Again, probably a red herring but if not, you heard it here first ;)

At least Bibio is DJ'ing at the event(s). Love that guy!

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:New Wxaxrxp event in Japan: https://imgur.com/a/qVxD0SYAgain, probably a red herring but if not, you heard it here first ;)

Great find!

Also, not the biggest stretch on this forum, LOL!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:
Echelon wrote:New Wxaxrxp event in Japan: https://imgur.com/a/qVxD0SYAgain, probably a red herring but if not, you heard it here first ;)

Great find!

Also, not the biggest stretch on this forum, LOL!

To be fair, the numerology people had less to work with. :P

Also this is the official lineup for that poster: https://iflyer.tv/en/event/318769/ !!! don't seem to be involved. So the "secret" floor might not have to do with them.

Dayvan Cowboy

Eagle Minded
If only BoC would do something.... anything... and don’t worry, even if you mess up, we would still love it!! Lol

Eagle Minded
!!! are involved, they're just not one of the "WxAxRxP DJs"

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada