Post-WXAXRXP Societas X Tape Tracklist & Discussion

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
^ Thank you, I truly appreciate it. I was aware that having a length that was a particular fraction of the wavelength one is trying to pick up greatly increased the ability to pick up said signals. I think the fraction to strength of signal is actually the same formula used for what harmonics ring on what fraction of a stringed instrument and to what extent when you pluck it. I might be wrong, though.

I wasn't aware of what that receiver was for and why it had various lengths of antenna wire, though. That is really fascinating so thank you again for the detailed response.

Dayvan Cowboy
uses an up arrow to indicate post above him
...inadvertently starts a new page

Anyway, my thank you was to tchewnz

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

That fretless bass track reminds me so much of something from this Canterbury scene album (Before A Word Is Said) put together in the early 80s. Just the same kind of melancholy and especially that fretless bass sound. It's not. I would know otherwise having listened to a crap ton of Canterbury scene music when I was younger.

Boqurant
Ever since the boc mix introduced me to christian chevallier i've been trying to locate a lot of his music. This album arrived the other day. These tracks are all covers, but unique in his beautiful style.

https://youtu.be/_NhBYPb2n5U

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
phpBB [media]

That fretless bass track reminds me so much of something from this Canterbury scene album (Before A Word Is Said) put together in the early 80s. Just the same kind of melancholy and especially that fretless bass sound. It's not. I would know otherwise having listened to a crap ton of Canterbury scene music when I was younger.

What a wonderful track! The similarities in the bass tone as you mentioned is near enough identical.

Posts Quantity
bleak. wrote:
Echelon wrote:
phpBB [media]

What a wonderful track! The similarities in the bass tone as you mentioned is near enough identical.

Thanks! I'm glad someone enjoyed it :D It was the first thing I thought of when I heard that fretless bass track. It's that same kind of melancholy prog jazz rock that they mined a lot of their instrumental music from on Societas.

Makes me wonder if we're getting some melancholy jazz rock ourselves in the near future.

Previous

Return to Boards of Canada