London's Pitchblackplayback this november

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I was googling and stumbled upon this event, apparently they're playing MHTRTC in pitch darkness on the 20th of November, if anyone's on London at that time I guess it would be a good opportunity to meet fellow fans.

https://www.pitchblackplayback.com/even ... o-children

Posts Quantity
Care to know why?

Because Sick Times sucks at 101.00 dB SPL.

Posts Quantity
Melissa has Plenty of Juice when she goes "Low". L0l

Hope it blows hahah

Eagle Minded
:roll:

Eagle Minded
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! This is an album listening session in the dark, not a live performance of any kind.

Quick, better add a disclaimer before someone makes a speculation thread on twoism

Posts Quantity
LAN OF A GRR,
I.D ASK TO BE BORN,
SAT NES SORE OH,
EFFYTHEAN
SO ALONE

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! This is an album listening session in the dark, not a live performance of any kind.

Quick, better add a disclaimer before someone makes a speculation thread on twoism

In the dark? How do we know that BoC won't be there???
This is it! You know they always said that their rehearsal space was in use? I mean, we knew that TH was dark but how much darker can you get than pitch black, right?! Wow! I hope we get a bonus track this time. This is exactly how I imagined they would do it, think about it, dark, lack of light, it all makes sense because it is the anti-geogaddi, geogaddi 2, and lack of light leaves sunshine recorders at 0. This leaves us with 20... there are two brothers so that makes it 2020!!

Hold on, let me just post to the facebook group before coming back here and making a thread about what the new track titles, that we don't know yet, mean.

(insert happening.gif)

Track 1: Diet Coke Fridgeway - I think that track title is the most likely, personally. We could look into it in a number of ways, but personally, I like to think of it as a comment on consumer capitalism and also about how refrigerators cause global warming.

Track 2: Top Grumps - Same as above, this time it is clear that "Grump" and "Trump" are used interchangeably. They are incredibly subtle about their delivery, though.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
Nottoolate wrote:

In the dark? How do we know that BoC won't be there???
This is it! You know they always said that their rehearsal space was in use? I mean, we knew that TH was dark but how much darker can you get than pitch black, right?! Wow! I hope we get a bonus track this time. This is exactly how I imagined they would do it, think about it, dark, lack of light, it all makes sense because it is the anti-geogaddi, geogaddi 2, and lack of light leaves sunshine recorders at 0. This leaves us with 20... there are two brothers so that makes it 2020!!

Hold on, let me just post to the facebook group before coming back here and making a thread about what the new track titles, that we don't know yet, mean.

(insert happening.gif)

Track 1: Diet Coke Fridgeway - I think that track title is the most likely, personally. We could look into it in a number of ways, but personally, I like to think of it as a comment on consumer capitalism and also about how refrigerators cause global warming.

Track 2: Top Grumps - Same as above, this time it is clear that "Grump" and "Trump" are used interchangeably. They are incredibly subtle about their delivery, though.

Not sure if a dig at me over that Warp thing in Japan or just a dig at the fanbase in general. In my defense I'm still relatively fresh to false alarms and haven't achieved the zenlike patience or cynicalness that some of the long time members have.

As I said in that thread, give me a few years of nothing and I'll be just as grim faced as most everyone else.

And if this wasn't a dig at me, I apologize.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey Echelon. It wasn't a dig at anyone in particular and this board would be a lonely place without optimism and speculation for new releases. I think it is mostly to do with Warps way of playing with people's expectations, as you stated, but in reality I was just being silly for the sake of it and I would be really upset if those who figure out numbers, find patterns and get everyone excited for BoC's future work were to fall silent.

In a lot of ways it is a dig at myself as well. Humor doesn't have to have a victim to be funny. It is difficult to convey tone here, but I am never sarcastic in a spiteful way really.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:Hey Echelon. It wasn't a dig at anyone in particular and this board would be a lonely place without optimism and speculation for new releases. I think it is mostly to do with Warps way of playing with people's expectations, as you stated, but in reality I was just being silly for the sake of it and I would be really upset if those who figure out numbers, find patterns and get everyone excited for BoC's future work were to fall silent.

In a lot of ways it is a dig at myself as well. Humor doesn't have to have a victim to be funny. It is difficult to convey tone here, but I am never sarcastic in a spiteful way really.

Ah ok. I'm sorry. I've been on edge lately and I find myself falling back on looking for any hints to feel better. I've definitely been a bit overzealous myself with speculation on the Japan things so perhaps I falsely saw myself in it. Especially because I was one of the few who believed it and had several reasons why it could have happened.

Your post actually was funny so my bad for failing to understand there was no malice behind it! But like you said, it's the internet and it's downfall is being unable to read tones in people's words.

Dayvan Cowboy
I am sorry you are on edge just now. I remember being on this board being heavily invested in a piece of speculation that turned out not to be the case. It tends to happen more and more as there are so many false positives and I wouldn't worry about it. Just about everyone on here has become hyped over something that wasn't. I do think Warp take advantage of that once in a while, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it is equally likely they just like including an element of mystery.

Dayvan Cowboy
PS - That was a really good find on the fretless bass track in the other thread, by the way. Very reminiscent of what we heard in the Societas Tape.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:I am sorry you are on edge just now. I remember being on this board being heavily invested in a piece of speculation that turned out not to be the case. It tends to happen more and more as there are so many false positives and I wouldn't worry about it. Just about everyone on here has become hyped over something that wasn't. I do think Warp take advantage of that once in a while, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it is equally likely they just like including an element of mystery.

Thanks man. It's much appreciated. I've seen it happen a lot on here over the years and I didn't expect to get swept up in one myself. I think it's also the Societas thing that makes me think somethings going to happen even if it's not. I guess we'll see.

Oh and thanks for the mention with the music, that's an obscure album that's close to me so to hear something similar on Societas was a nice feeling.

Eagle Minded
I didn't mean to spark anything with my initial joke, just found it funny that that needed to add the disclaimer considering boc fans can get very intense with this kind of stuff and speculation. All love though, I appreciate all speculations and have fun looking into people's theories <3

Dayvan Cowboy
Nottoolate wrote:I didn't mean to spark anything with my initial joke, just found it funny that that needed to add the disclaimer considering boc fans can get very intense with this kind of stuff and speculation. All love though, I appreciate all speculations and have fun looking into people's theories <3

I think it was just a misunderstanding because I was feeling bad and self conscious that day. But yeah, no hard feelings at all and if I felt I hadn't gotten so overzealous with that "secret DJ" thing, I probably wouldn't have said anything and just laughed. We certainly need levity considering it's mostly dead in here.

Return to Boards of Canada