GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
1. "Give it a bit longer"
2. Warp 30 Bleep Store is a placeholder for something else
3. "Something else" is written on some boxes next to the Warp 30 boxsets
4. Sample clearance for XYZ means that they might have done other sample clearances. Also BOC are looking at their past unreleased music

I wasn't aware of the "something else" - Interesting!
What is the context behind the Warp30 Bleep Store?

Other than that, I was aware (somewhere back in my memory), but had disregarded the other two points, so thank you for making a believer out of me again.

Dayvan Cowboy
Valotonin wrote:
Echelon wrote:
1. "Give it a bit longer"
2. Warp 30 Bleep Store is a placeholder for something else
3. "Something else" is written on some boxes next to the Warp 30 boxsets
4. Sample clearance for XYZ means that they might have done other sample clearances. Also BOC are looking at their past unreleased music

I wasn't aware of the "something else" - Interesting!
What is the context behind the Warp30 Bleep Store?

Other than that, I was aware (somewhere back in my memory), but had disregarded the other two points, so thank you for making a believer out of me again.

https://wxaxrxp.bleepstores.com/?lang=fr Bleep told me that this here is a stand in for another site.

And glad to help!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
I might be misremembering this, but didn't cLOUDDEAD say something about new BoC a while back as a Facebook comment?

I don't like getting my hopes up, but I'm starting to feel confident that there's something right around the corner. Hell, we even got a new Half-Life game announced this week, so who knows.

Dayvan Cowboy
~nick wrote:I might be misremembering this, but didn't cLOUDDEAD say something about new BoC a while back as a Facebook comment?

I don't like getting my hopes up, but I'm starting to feel confident that there's something right around the corner. Hell, we even got a new Half-Life game announced this week, so who knows.

I seem to recall similar. That was a little while ago now, but relevant nonetheless.
I would imagine the release is mostly done at this point and that they are just in the process of arranging track order and polishing it (you know, making it sound more polish). Pure speculation, though. I hope we get more interludes between tracks akin to Campfire Headphase (but entirely different) this time.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some people were saying that the something else was a new squarepusher album or single but warp just announced a single for Dec 6th and an album on Jan 31st so it's not that.

Dayvan Cowboy
What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

Edit: Up to 150 now

Dayvan Cowboy
I recall that it has been that way for a while, but there isn't really anything different about now to the last few years in terms of releases. 35-ish was approximately what I was used to seeing. Is it just the time elapsed between releases causing speculation and thus board monitoring?

New Seed

Dayvan Cowboy
sett wrote:2020

Fair enough, quite a few people think that next year will be the year. There is enough evidence to suggest that an album is nearing completion. Are these people literally waiting for new years 2020, though?

Boqurant
Valotonin wrote:What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

Dayvan Cowboy
~nick wrote:WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

This sounds like the most likely scenario :mrgreen:

Sherbet Head
~nick wrote:A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

You meant to say a month, right ?

Dayvan Cowboy
~nick wrote:
Valotonin wrote:What is with the "116 guests" currently viewing the site?
Is that right?

WARP are dispatching a monitoring team who read our speculation posts. A single hot take on here amounts to a day of the new release being delayed.

I better stop then. :lol:

I think I've become the replacement for Opothcary, even though I can barely count.

Sherbet Head
People will have seen that pic with the secret "something else" boxes and thought "BOC OMG" rushed over here to see if anyone knows anything. No one does so they leave after a while. Turns out a Squarepusher album is announced and his bleepstore pops up.
Mystery solved. Also means that BoC won't be this year with a big artist havin some limelight.
SP new track is rad btw.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:
Roswell wrote:Just thought I'd put out my predictions, not sure if i already have but gotta keep this thread alive!!

2019: Some smaller releases for Warp30 anniversary, they'll definitely put out something for this.

2020: BoC set hopefully, MDG did say that it would be after the next release, which was TH, so hopefully thats whats coming next, regardless-something big should be coming in 2020.

2022: Geogaddi 20th anniversary, we will all feel very sad and old. but hey maybe another lithograph print!

So far Roswell's prediction in February was right! Sure enough we got something for Warp 30.

I'm willing to bet on the other two too. I mean 2022 is a given, but I have a good feeling about 2020. Just a bunch of weird little things seem to hint at it

2020 is a logical date. But, 2022 is also in this category. Tho, I really don't know what I will be doing in 2022...The fact, that Boards of Canada sound should add so much and change beyond almost everything by that time. People should take that in mind.

Sherbet Head
maybe they'll make a jazz album

please

Dayvan Cowboy
drillkicker wrote:maybe they'll make a jazz album

MHTRTC - acoustic album

please

Dayvan Cowboy
Since Geogandi more or less put us back to square one, I'm curious about an actual event coming up in BOC's history. Does anyone feel they'll be any celebration from Warp over the 20 anniversary of A Beautiful Place Out In The Country?

Perhaps another lithograph?

I will say that the images from that era would look great on a large poster in some way. The images also started the era where BOC began playing up their mythology a bit more. One of the things I liked was that BOC really subverted their "sesame street" electronica image by adopting a more cultish, sinister background to their music. The EP really seemed a commentary on how people built a cult around their first album and the concept of the brothers living in a commune in the wilderness contrasting it with that of the Branch Davidians. The pastoral unease of the EP gave forth to the truly sinister nightmares of Geogaddi and might show what happens when that unease is left unchecked.

A fascinating era to say the least.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Since Geogandi more or less put us back to square one, I'm curious about an actual event coming up in BOC's history. Does anyone feel they'll be any celebration from Warp over the 20 anniversary of A Beautiful Place Out In The Country?

I will say that the images from that era would look great on a large poster in some way. The images also started the era where BOC began playing up their mythology a bit more. One of the things I liked was that BOC really subverted their "sesame street" electronica image by adopting a more cultish, sinister background to their music. The EP really seemed a commentary on how people built a cult around their first album and the concept of the brothers living in a commune in the wilderness contrasting it with that of the Branch Davidians. The pastoral unease of the EP gave forth to the truly sinister nightmares of Geogaddi and might show what happens when that unease is left unchecked.

Yes I definitely agree with this and have always been impressed with that EP. The title track was one of thr first songs I downloaded on limewire back in the day haha and immediately it felt erie and haunting and I loved it. It reminded me of my friend who soon after took his own life which to me just aided it’s haunting nature, and still to this day. It would be cool if they maybe released the other peel session or maybe a new poster like you said. I have ways wanted that art as an official t-shirt too!

Dayvan Cowboy
Soul_Slip wrote:
Echelon wrote:Since Geogandi more or less put us back to square one, I'm curious about an actual event coming up in BOC's history. Does anyone feel they'll be any celebration from Warp over the 20 anniversary of A Beautiful Place Out In The Country?

Yes I definitely agree with this and have always been impressed with that EP. The title track was one of thr first songs I downloaded on limewire back in the day haha and immediately it felt erie and haunting and I loved it. It reminded me of my friend who soon after took his own life which to me just aided it’s haunting nature, and still to this day. It would be cool if they maybe released the other peel session or maybe a new poster like you said. I have ways wanted that art as an official t-shirt too!

Sorry about your friend. Hope that doesn't mar your enjoyment of the music, but I totally understand if it does.

And yes, the EP has a very cold, cynical, post modern "turn of the century" type feel that was present on Radiohead, Beck and even Air albums from around that time but uses it in a totally different way from those artists. I could imagine the title track in a movie or documentary on the Branch Davidians (or any cult for that matter) where you witness the peaceful outdoors outside the compound with maybe an outsider pulling up to the compound in a car. Everything is placid and still, but you can sense a certain cultish unease among the peacefulness. This left turn in BOC's music was so brilliant.

A t-shirt would be really cool too. I was personally a bit underwhelmed with the MHTRTC ones but having some of those thumbnails on a shirt would look bad ass! I love how BOC is basically a legacy band now and what we're doing is speculating on their merchandise! :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada