--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Happy Cycler
< looks left <
> looks right >

I'm uh, making a game. and game music for it.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
turquoise70 wrote:< looks left <
> looks right >

I'm uh, making a game. and game music for it.

I'm a big gamer! If you are feeling confident enough to share any progress, or even say more about the project, that'd be sweet!

Happy Cycler

Posts Quantity

Fantastic! I didn't expect 'chiptunes', I was thinking the outdoors track was going to be my favorite, then I listened to the others.

Color me very intrigued by the whole project!

Eagle Minded
Hey check out my newest song!
“Juxtapose”
Let me know what you guys think?

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:Hey check out my newest song!
“Juxtapose”

phpBB [media]

Awesome!! I really like the random down pitching that happens but then it goes back up. Felt like being in the mind of someone who did an all nighter, randomly dosing off and waking back up before the head hits the desk followed by incoerent thoughts. :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:
“Juxtapose”

phpBB [media]

Awesome!! I really like the random down pitching that happens but then it goes back up. Felt like being in the mind of someone who did an all nighter, randomly dosing off and waking back up before the head hits the desk followed by incoerent thoughts. :mrgreen:

Haha that is sort of the image I originally had! I have been getting a lot more playful in electronic music making. I am still contemplating whether or not to name this one “Psychotropic Headcraft”... ?? Ha

Sherbet Head
A few months ago I bought a Jx-305 from the local online market, the thing goes for 500$ in good condition on ebay.

This guy wanted 200$ (CAD) So I said to myself "sure why not, it is a dope groove box. Pretty much an MC-505 but with a keyboard and 64 voices. (It's an all-in-one groovebox)

They said "I'm more of a guitar person, the thing lights up and makes sound" So dumbass me thought "oh ok great, the pictures are fine, only the start button is missing but it is working". Little did I know is that the guy had drilled 3 holes inside the front panel to try and fix that button's plate spring.

Not only this but a few Pots weren't working and a few buttons too (a black key also didn't have any weight anymore).

So when it arrived I was pretty shocked and disappointed. The seller was very nice and apologetic though and accepted to reimburse me 100$ and I told to myself "Well, it will make a nice repair project, whatever :? ".

But a few months later, tonight, I had the brilliant idea to look if any Midi CC were usable for this bad boy, and YES! everything is CC/sysex controllable. SO here is a fun jam:

https://soundcloud.com/thestatpow-archive/jx-305-jam-001
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Sick little tune! I like when the beat kicks in. Interesting sounds on that thing. It’s cool you were able to make it work somewhat. Someone just gave me a vintage Casiotone and it has three smashed keys but it still sounds great although the sound capabilities are quite limited.

Happy Cycler
TheStatPow wrote:
“Juxtapose”

phpBB [media]

I dig it, and after reading what TSP said I'm getting that very mental image as well. It works very well for that - the wandering melody bits sort of exchanging which one's in the foreground at a pace that's just fast enough to be kind of hypnotic, it really feels like those racing thoughts your mind is too exhausted to fully grasp, swimming all around you. Very evocative, nice work!

Posts Quantity
I made this EP after deliberating over the titles for about a month:

https://telehealing.bandcamp.com/album/empath

What do you guys think?

Sherbet Head
koroviev wrote:I made this EP after deliberating over the titles for about a month:

What do you guys think?

Weird, I saw in a youtube video desc the word Empath and google it 20 minutes ago to get its meaning, and there it shows up as your EP name.

Talk about synchronicity! :twisted:
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
TheStatPow wrote:
koroviev wrote:I made this EP after deliberating over the titles for about a month:

What do you guys think?

Weird, I saw in a youtube video desc the word Empath and google it 20 minutes ago to get its meaning, and there it shows up as your EP name.

Talk about synchronicity! :twisted:

What does it mean!?

Eagle Minded
turquoise70 wrote:
TheStatPow wrote:
“Juxtapose”

phpBB [media]

I dig it, and after reading what TSP said I'm getting that very mental image as well. It works very well for that - the wandering melody bits sort of exchanging which one's in the foreground at a pace that's just fast enough to be kind of hypnotic, it really feels like those racing thoughts your mind is too exhausted to fully grasp, swimming all around you. Very evocative, nice work!

Thanks dude! The melody lead is in Mixolydian but makes a chord with the other melodies that are not in mixolydian. There are moments where it sort of “waxes and waynes” with the other melodies as well as when the sandpaper percussion sample “swipes” in. The vocal samples are selected quotes from the great Alan Watts! It was a super fun song to record

Eagle Minded
good tunes people!

I just finished a snippet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0KSh4wMgk&feature=youtu.be

see ya
Telephasic Workshop

Eagle Minded
Green Pylon wrote:good tunes people!

I just finished a snippet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zt0KSh4wMgk&feature=youtu.be

see ya

I like the green effect! Fun snippet

New Seed
Had been working on this for most of the winter, just came out today, lemme know what ya think!
https://greyongreene.bandcamp.com/album/lps001

Eagle Minded
you don't care to hear until you listen

Sherbet Head
Currently doing Video rescans. Yes I take requests.

phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Awesome!!! Can you do one for the Jacquard Causeway video??? That is my favorite video and would love a rescan of it! :D

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound