GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
I think Xaugh needs his own thread. This is craziness.

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:It is mindbowling to think, that the album is probably ready. And already in WARP hands. They just planning now how to spin it to the public.
2020.02.20 release date (?)

Putting it on Bleep would be a start

Eagle Minded
Xaugh made me cough. And still no new release to look upon to.

Eagle Minded
Moloch wrote:Xaugh made me cough. And still no new release to look upon to.

I only hope we see some sort of release soon. Would love to hear what they are working on currently.
It honestly didn’t feel very good to have a member make fun of my music for no reason on a thread about new BoC material.

Sherbet Head
Just got Mix Master Mike's new album that's keeping me going. Literally the first album I bought since TH

Dayvan Cowboy
All the Xaugh needs is a little structure for his word. You have to know how to present your idea. Put it in colored paper. Make it a surprise. Like putting I overflow man on the copyright disc.

Anyway. As we now in a transition year between times. I wonder what we are going to get. One era is almost gone and new will began shortly. Time is like the sand on my palms, sliping through my fingers.

Sherbet Head
If Xaugh really does have demons, ones that are causing ill health then maybe he should use our community for self help instead of pushing away and trying to enjoy the crazy member hat he has decided to wear. Which will only cause further angst when innevitable conflict appears.
We are nice people on here, moreso than any other music community platform, use us if need be. We all have demons, everyone of us and the rest of the world has personal or second hand experience in mental health issues, it's part and parcel of the world we live in now.
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
BOC just liked the tweet:

Exciting to see a release! Really hoping for some new BOC “transmissions” coming in the near future.

Boqurant
♄ope keeper wrote:BOC just liked the tweet:

Exciting to see a release! Really hoping for some new BOC “transmissions” coming in the near future.
Must.. Contain.. Hype!
From my experience, BoC tend to like a lot of tweets that head their way, they even liked a tweet of mine when I tagged them during MHtRtC's 20th anniversary a while back. So I personally wouldn't look too much into it. They probably just enjoy seeing fans sending them encouraging messages, probably nothing more than that sadly.

Boqurant
Come to think of it, since BoC are obviously pretty active on Twitter, has anyone tried tweeting to them regarding their unreleased music?
Something like, "Like this post if the old stuff will ever be released k thx bye"

Just a thought. :/

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
PurpleFlurp wrote:Come to think of it, since BoC are obviously pretty active on Twitter, has anyone tried tweeting to them regarding their unreleased music?
Something like, "Like this post if the old stuff will ever be released k thx bye"

Just a thought. :/

Haven't done that - I did, however, DM their Twitter account after Societas to thank them for it - it's still unread since June 23rd, lol! Not holding hopes for that one...
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
♄ope keeper wrote:BOC just liked the tweet:

Happy Cycler
Mozart! Always quick on the draw with a .gif, you are.

Also, the thought of BoC actually using twitter is hilarious to me.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:Mozart! Always quick on the draw with a .gif, you are.

Also, the thought of BoC actually using twitter is hilarious to me.

Who ever is managing the account was probably online because of the Peel Sessions retweet from bleep.
Might as well read and like a few posts. 8)

Eagle Minded
Kreide wrote:
mechanismj wrote:Mozart! Always quick on the draw with a .gif, you are.

Salutations! I feel as if it's been many moons ago since I've last posted here. I still lurk, though. Still been listening to the lovely music of Boards of Canada as much as ever. Even listened to Societas X this morning for the probably 150th time (crazy when you think about how that's about 300 hours).
Last edited by Mozart on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
I'm feeling it, guys. Something is going to happen this year. I know we've all been saying that, hell I think I was probably saying that about 2019, but for some reason which I can't quite put my finger on, I can just feel something is on the horizon. Whatever the hell they are working on is going to be a masterpiece, for they wouldn't have it any other way. Stay patient, friends. We could be there before you know it.
Last edited by Mozart on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Last edited by Mozart on Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eagle Minded
These little "likes" on twitter are common once in a blue moon for BoC, and I think it is their way of telling the hardcore fans (for who else actively checks their twitter likes? Certainly not the average fans or casual listeners) that they are hard at work polishing the touches on the next release. Time will tell. I've always held the opinion that some things are worth waiting for, though. I can't guarantee much in this life, but rest assured, this release will be worth waiting for.

Posts Quantity
mechanismj wrote:Also, the thought of BoC actually using twitter is hilarious to me.

Yeah exactly lol. They seem to despise social media in general so it's hard for me to think they'd be regularly participating in it like this. Though they did actually use it at least once (or maybe someone at Warp posted it for them) to mourn David Bowie in 2016. The rest is news, retweets and likes which could very easily be done by a Warp employee.

Eagle Minded
Will there be another Boards of Canada release?

You know what... I've a horrible feeling that Boards of Canada won't release another album under this project. In fact I think they may have thought this way when they created 'the campfire head-phase. There is something about that album that sounds like they were saying goodbye. Obviously they went on to create Tomorrow's Harvest and it was extremely well suited to today's climate. Once again that album gives optimism towards the end, but then ends with absolute despair and dread.

BoC are very true to themselves and their followers. Although they take music very seriously, I don't think they've let the seriousness of their success affect them. They've rarely played live and I personally don't believe they will again. I think they see it as a bit of a bleak and pointless task, which would only serve as facade. They create music designed to interfere which your everyday thought process. But have they exhausted themselves? They are philosophers of sound and it would be really interesting to know about their own personal mental state of mind and political identity.

I once got into an argument about politics on this group and I explained that I believed that BoC's music has always expressed deep (although well hidden) political messages. References to the native Americans, 1969 and the Manson family murders bringing around the demise of that whole revolutionary movement of counter-culture, energy warnings, the attack on the branch davidians and the right to religious freedoms, drug references, mathmatical cues, there is an angle on virtually every track. They either care deeply about society or just love the study of it.

Tomorrow's Harvest was a message to all of us. A very stark warning of our place in history. It acted as a wake up call and offered a glimmer of hope.

The Societas X tape mix did exactly the same, the second to last track offered a glimmer of hope and a wake up call 'butterfly soon to fall, all is love, love is all. But the ending track of Christian Chevallier - Sea Cathedral seemed to summarise that society doesn't exist. Society is an illusion of constant changing rules and opinions. A mass of minds moving like tides across the biosphere. We can all have bright ideas, but in the end the planet wins. You are here and now, but one day you'll be over and consumed, just like everything else.

One day Boards of Canada will end and I very much doubt that they would announce it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada