Neil Peart Dead At 67

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Haven’t listened to too much Rush in recent years but Neil Peart was my biggest influence when I started playing the drums 15 years ago. I’m surprised how hard it hit me. Apparently he’d been suffering from Glioblastoma for the last 3 years.

Going back through and listening to some Rush records today... RIP to one of the greatest rock drummers.

Sherbet Head
"Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies but most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be. Sadder still to watch it die than never to have known it. For you the blind who once could see...the bells tolls for thee..."

Happy Cycler
Just randomly read about this in the comments on a drum video! So sad!

He was one of my favorite musicians of all time.

Time to break out the Rush albums.

RIP.

Eagle Minded
I've never been heartbroken over the loss of someone I didn't even know before. The guy is my biggest musical influence. The stuff I learned from him paid my mortgage.

Exit the warrior.
Farewell King.

Happy Cycler
I wasn't even the biggest Rush fan all things considered, but I can't deny that it's like a giant has fallen.

And since it needs saying at least once - 67 is no age. Maybe 50 years ago, but not in 2020.
another silo full / another dark dawn / bending the air / love is so small

returnal \ you've never left \ you've been here the whole time

Posts Quantity
Seamed like a real gent. Rest In Beats The Professor

Dayvan Cowboy
Peacock Tail wrote:I've never been heartbroken over the loss of someone I didn't even know before. The guy is my biggest musical influence. The stuff I learned from him paid my mortgage.

Exit the warrior.
Farewell King.

I feel exactly the same. First time I’ve actually been hit hard by the death of a musician. If not for him I probably wouldn’t have become the drummer I am today.

Return to This Random Sound