About the story of Xentrix

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
What do you take the story to mean?

The story of Xentrix and the cave. In the cave were 1000000 people and 1000000 dogs.

These are my people... Now they are your people too.

Was the door/the ' cave ' the internet itself? The true realisation of hyper communication and the demise of autocracy?

Boqurant
Never really put much thought into Story of Xentrix other than the brothers being wierd for the hell of it. But I'm not too educated on how it came about other than being on some mix from Skam or Warp? Is much known about how Story of Xentrix came about in the first place?

Sent from my ASUS_A002A using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
I don't really know? There was some confusion in thinking that the story was already 'out there' before it got the release. But then mdg confirmed it via watmm that the brothers had created the original.

Boqurant
I thought this track had a similar feeling to some of the Geogaddi stuff "if you go out in the woods today" kind of thing. These old fables and stories can have a sinister appearance but there's usually a moral or lesson to be learned. I think the heart of the matter is the nature of the boy's tears, if they are tears of sadness or joy. I think the latter, despite the looming, echoing voice it seems as if it's a story of finding togetherness in unlikely places. It's known that BoC are interested in eastern philosophy and I've always had the hunch the title is possibly a word-joke about "Zen tricks".

Return to Boards of Canada