Introduce Yourself

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Hey ! I also forgot that...

I'm a 18 yo french guy (sorry for the bad english) and i love BOC

BOC is the first real music group that made me interested more deeply into music. When i was little i loved music but then came a time where i completely stoped caring about this (due to multiple reasons that i'm sure are not really interesting). And the scotish duo was the ending of the sad part of my life. And then a very famous french youtuber (Antoine Daniel) talked about a band i really loved : Boards Of Canada
It was also the time where salad fingers was a trend on youtube.
The first i ever heard was geogaddy. I didn't like it at first but then i came back again, and again, and again. I also discovered MHTRTC wich i really REALLY loved. And then TCFHP. And TH (wich i find really underrated) And finally, Geogaddi became another great masterpiece from Boards of Canada. Thanks to them i too, interest of other idm artists like aphex twin and autechre. I also tried Ok computer and Kid A and loved Kid A (especially everything in it's right place).

Now, even though i don't like metal and modern rap (rap from the 90's is amazing though), i listen to pretty much everything. From "No surprise" to "Hamburger Lady" (even if i'm not a huge fan of the throbbing gristle, you got to admit that the ambiance is really well made). And most importantly, like a lot of people here, i make music. Since BOC is the most important band to me, my music is really similar to the scotish duo. (
But to be honest, I find that sometimes my musics are too much in the style of boards of canada, so I try to vary my music. Granular sampler / synth for exemple. It makes a weird mix between IDM and vaporwave. I also test the break. But only time will tell if it works ...)

My philosophy is : there is no "best Boards of canada albums". They all have their own style, their own mood and are all different experiences.
"Boc is probably in the future thinking about the past" - Sean Booth 05/06/2022

https://maschtob.bandcamp.com/album/the-9th-sacred-camp

Friendly Stranger
Hello! I'm Wakko. That's not my real name but I'm playing a character and I don't want anyone to know my real name. I've only been a Boards of Canada fan for about 6 months, but I've already become pretty much an obsessive fan. I know all the lore, all the history, all the songs. And so I figured I'd make an account on the forum just to see what other BoC fans have to say about the greatest band of all time. Still waiting for someone to find a copy of Hooper Bay. Just sayin.
Faboo!

Friendly Stranger
Hi.

New Seed
Hello everyone. Hope to communicate with you all more. Pleasure to find a forum here.

New Seed
Hey! Just come across this place. Have been meaning to join for a while. I am Tom and I am from Brexit. I currently live in Iceland and have been here for 5 years, but I am making a big move to France next month.

Discovered BOC in 2012 pretty much at the same time that I became a full blown alcoholic. I think it's only coincidental :P I have now been sober four years and BOC has never ever become tainted for me, despite the fact that I never stopped listening through the darkest times. In fact, maybe BOC helped me not sink deeper.

They sure as hell help me with my hours and days during this brighter days. I have never stopped to truly analyse the music so much but I have always hoped to listen a lot deeper with a curiosity. I was hoping to do that shortly and I imagined it would be good to sign up here in advance to share thoughts and listen to others to influence my curiosity in the best way.

Haven't spoken to anyone ever who also likes BOC, so here we go. Let's see what happens.

Greetings to all of you! x

New Seed
Hello there. I just registered after i heard last album)
You can relax and play some here

New Seed
Hey everyone! I'm Matthew or "noatak." or whatever.
(for those who don't know, Track 7 on Live @ ATP is known to some as "Noatak."

Favorite BOC album: Hi Scores.
Favorite BOC song: Everything You Do Is A Balloon

But, um, yeah, that's about it! Looking forward to meeting you all.

Eagle Minded
Hello
I'm Vidar.

I'm an obsessive BoC fanatic welcoming myself to the club.

New Seed
Fav Album: Geogaddi
Name: Desi
https://preflehx.bandcamp.com/

Welcome one, welcome all. :-)

Slow down...

New Seed
Hello. Long time lurker who finally singed up. I'm an 18/m living in Colorado, looking forward to sharing this space with you all :)Image

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

New Seed
Hi!

I'm a french guy from north of France, like many people here i'm a BOC fan, specially since 1998, when i heard "Aquarius" of "Music Had The Right To Children" in a decoration store and i have need to told to the seller "Who is this? this music?" and he told me.........Boards Of Canada ^^ .

I make some kind of music under different nickname.
-Oscillatron (Electronic/ambient/lofi music): https://oscillatron.bandcamp.com/
-Neon Noir (French Hip Hop): https://neonnoir59.bandcamp.com/
I recorded many different sort of music like Stoner rock, post rock, black metal, etc....

I also make arts, vidéos, graphics & photos under the nickname of Eldalicoron:
https://www.facebook.com/eldalicoron59/

I'm very happy to find an active community about BOC, Twoism

Cheers!

New Seed
.....Like a good french people........i dont' talk english very well but i try to do my best ahah

Eldalicoron wrote:.....Like a good french people........i dont' talk english very well but i try to do my best ahah

Your English is much better than my French ;-)

Welcome!

Slow down...

New Seed
Hi everyone, I’m cowolter and glad to join your community. Been a fan of BoC, Aphex Twin and Autechre for a few months now. Love these guys

Friendly Stranger
hi there. I'm project null, I live in france in a city near paris.
love boards of canada and electronic music in general since 2013. their music grown in me as no other band, and I've recently found this forum with a lot of talking about their process, music and stuff.
now, I have a lot to read for my personal culture and to understand how this forum "works" (I mean, I know how a forum works, but I'm very careful when it comes to social interactions, and I don't want to say something that can offense someone or being rejected here).

thank you very much everyone for all your knowledge and time writing things here, and I hope I can contribute to this forum.

Welcome one and all to this safe haven in choppy waters. Let's ride this storm out together.

Slow down...

Eagle Minded
Hey there,

Based out in Washington State. Been a fan of the brothers for a decade + now, and overly share them with everyone I know. The air is right for a new album, so after doing some mushrooms the other day figured I would join the hunt with you cool cats.

New Seed
Hey dudes,

Been lurking on here more frequently so I figured it was time to join!

Cheers!

New Seed
Hey

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada