--The post what you are working on *right now* thread--

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:Awesome!!! Can you do one for the Jacquard Causeway video??? That is my favorite video and would love a rescan of it! :D

Yes!! good idea, I'll work on it! :mrgreen:
Suck my BUTT

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:Awesome!!! Can you do one for the Jacquard Causeway video??? That is my favorite video and would love a rescan of it! :D

It's done!! :mrgreen:

I also put the track trough my Tape deck and pushed my finger real hard on the cassette to get that fluttery warbly sound. it gets more and more intense as the track progresses

phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Awesome dude!!! Like the tape warps! Especially towards the end... it reminded me of my song Juxtapose but with my fav boc song! Thanks for that! I am going to record that to a vhs I made of my favorite boc fan videos... as well as record that version of JC onto a cassette tape.

Eagle Minded
Haven't posted on Twoism in quite some time ... been through subtle-but-significant-to-me life changes in recent past which in inadvertent-but-maybe-connected ways have brought me back to BoC's work -- and I'm experiencing that wholly, absolutely wonderful thing with which maybe many'f'y're familiar: the relisten to an album you'ven't heard in a long time as if you're hearing it for the first time.

That's happening with me and BoC's entire catalogue right now, and they're the most influential/favorite of all to me, so I'm basically on the proverbial 'Cloud 9' @ the moment (and I impulsively bought their discography on vinyl over the past two weeks'r'so ['cause in the time 'tween my original life-changing discovery of BoC {early high school} and now {latetwenties} I've bought a decent setup]).

But anyway I post here 'cause last May I released a new album that I recorded in a week between two jobs ... prettysure I never posted it here, but I could be wrong ... I tried to experiment with synths more than my previous albums, but it's still pretty "folky," I guess.

https://thaibluejeanssalesman.bandcamp. ... be-just-so

I play everything on it and home record/mix.

Thanx for taking a listen -- and I hope everyone is feeling decent about the progression'f their lives. (Despite the undecent times in which we wend our ways [But has it always been 'undecent'?].)
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Sherbet Head
b0qurant wrote:Haven't posted on Twoism in quite some time ... been through subtle-but-significant-to-me life changes in recent past which in inadvertent-but-maybe-connected ways have brought me back to BoC's work -- and I'm experiencing that wholly, absolutely wonderful thing with which maybe many'f'y're familiar: the relisten to an album you'ven't heard in a long time as if you're hearing it for the first time.

That's happening with me and BoC's entire catalogue right now, and they're the most influential/favorite of all to me, so I'm basically on the proverbial 'Cloud 9' @ the moment (and I impulsively bought their discography on vinyl over the past two weeks'r'so ['cause in the time 'tween my original life-changing discovery of BoC {early high school} and now {latetwenties} I've bought a decent setup]).

But anyway I post here 'cause last May I released a new album that I recorded in a week between two jobs ... prettysure I never posted it here, but I could be wrong ... I tried to experiment with synths more than my previous albums, but it's still pretty "folky," I guess.

Thanx for taking a listen -- and I hope everyone is feeling decent about the progression'f their lives. (Despite the undecent times in which we wend our ways [But has it always been 'undecent'?].)

Very nice stuff. Impressed you did that in a week. First track is my favorite.

Why the TBJS pattern on all the track title?
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
TheStatPow wrote:
b0qurant wrote:Haven't posted on Twoism in quite some time ... been through subtle-but-significant-to-me life changes in recent past which in inadvertent-but-maybe-connected ways have brought me back to BoC's work -- and I'm experiencing that wholly, absolutely wonderful thing with which maybe many'f'y're familiar: the relisten to an album you'ven't heard in a long time as if you're hearing it for the first time.

Very nice stuff. Impressed you did that in a week. First track is my favorite.

Why the TBJS pattern on all the track title?

Thanks for listening!
I more'r'less woke up early, worked the entire day on music, stayed up later than usual, slept, repeat.
It was a dream ... like a whole week "in the studio" ... also exhausting!

I'm into word games, acronyms, palindromes, anagrams, etc.
Particularly, I like to select random three-to-five-letter acronyms and see how many different, somewhat-sensible phrases I can milk out of it without repeating any words.
'cause my artist name is "Thai BlueJeans Salesman," I thought it would be cool to work with that acronym (TBJS) -- especially 'cause J is a challenging letter -- and see how closely I could actually get to the messaging/feel of the song. (I like constrained writing -- I find it helpful ... boundaries.)

In one or two cases, the acronym actually came first and I wrote the lyrics accordingly. ("Toad Beckons Jealous Snail," e.g.)

Thought it would be a fun creative challenge.

Thanks again for lending an ear!
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Sherbet Head
Recently went to the local electronics shop (fittingly called "Addison") and they still had a bunch of 8 hours VHS tapes to sell which I had been looking for a while.

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]
Suck my BUTT

Posts Quantity
Released a 'single' for my upcoming release. Also a video to go along with it.

https://surveychannel.bandcamp.com/track/sleep-verses-single
phpBB [media]

Have a listen/watch!

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

Remember this remix I did? I wanted to remix the video as well but ran out of time back then. Well, I got back to it today, finished it up, and uploaded it to Vimeo. Thought that it might look better with a TheStatPow rescan pass?
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

Eagle Minded
bendu wrote:
phpBB [media]

Remember this remix I did? I wanted to remix the video as well but ran out of time back then. Well, I got back to it today, finished it up, and uploaded it to Vimeo. Thought that it might look better with a TheStatPow rescan pass?

Awesome work my dude! Sweet video indeed!

Posts Quantity
bendu wrote:
phpBB [media]

Love this man, very cool!

Eagle Minded
Hey everyone! Here is my newest track from my upcoming album “Oneirocritica” LP. I played my vintage Yamaha Electone 205D analog organ..
Let me know what you guys think?

Everybody’s Sun - Soul Slip

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Soul_Slip wrote:Hey everyone! Here is my newest track from my upcoming album “Oneirocritica” LP. I played my vintage Yamaha Electone 205D analog organ..
Let me know what you guys think?

Everybody’s Sun - Soul Slip

phpBB [media]

Good stuff as always! My only criticism would be that it doesn,t feel like it's moving anywhere, except maybe towards to ending.

Good mix and nice choice of instruments :P
Suck my BUTT

Eagle Minded
Thanks! Yeah I am still working on it, I think I might add some vocals in there somewhere... I was experimenting with different Organ tones and sounds and like it so far.

Posts Quantity
Trying to get another album together, but haven't had much time until now with the quarantine and all. Anyways, here's one I started yesterday. I'm pretty happy with how its turning out, still got a long ways to go though.

https://soundcloud.com/mhredox/quadrangle-collusion/s-FwQwe2F1Uqw

Dayvan Cowboy
"I should really try and make music what with this pandemic being a thing and all"

*nothing*

"OK I'll just make the first thing that comes into my head"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XjMUb ... dN-qbxZfLi

So apparently I'm doing mid-80s pop now.

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:"I should really try and make music what with this pandemic being a thing and all"

*nothing*

"OK I'll just make the first thing that comes into my head"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XjMUb ... dN-qbxZfLi

So apparently I'm doing mid-80s pop now.

Pretty good! Like the tone and the dreamy 80’s vibe. Reminds me of Slowdive a little actually...

Dayvan Cowboy
Thanks :-) I don't really know where it's going so I'm throwing it at my writing partner and see what it turns into :-)

Posts Quantity
Helicoid wrote:Trying to get another album together, but haven't had much time until now with the quarantine and all. Anyways, here's one I started yesterday. I'm pretty happy with how its turning out, still got a long ways to go though.

really really enjoyed that. 8)

Posts Quantity
Kreide wrote:
Helicoid wrote:Trying to get another album together, but haven't had much time until now with the quarantine and all. Anyways, here's one I started yesterday. I'm pretty happy with how its turning out, still got a long ways to go though.

really really enjoyed that. 8)

Thanks! I appreaciate it. Here's another I've been working on for a while. I just cant seem to get this one right, I don't know what it is. At first I thought maybe it was just ear fatigue from listening to it too much. I let it sit for a few months and am still just not 100% happy with it. Maybe someone here might have some input that could help me out?

https://soundcloud.com/mhredox/cruel-ob ... ce/s-Vpo9C

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound