Sick Times: Coronavirus

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Hope the both of you get well soon, these times are crazy times.
It'll be real damn interesting to see how different the world will be in qa few months time.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Site Admin
All the strength and light to all who are fighting against this invisible monster, especially to A Northern Soul, Negamuse and Echelon.

Strange times ahead I'm afraid, no one has a clue what kind of impact this will have on ppl their health in the long term and to society as a whole. With all our current technology and global communication we don't have an action plan at hand... where did this go wrong? Why did no-one listen to this somewhat "influential person"? Can't believe that the guy who had a huge influence on our modern society isn't really heard by those who can make the difference.
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Sounds horrible. Sending my very best to the both of you.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Dayvan Cowboy
Craziness, checking in, not sick just yet but there are so many infections all around me... Will be tough to avoid. CA on lockdown.
My debut Sweguno EP 'Adapteras' is available here: https://atavisticspasmrecords.bandcamp. ... apteras-ep

Happy Cycler
Goiter Sanchez wrote:Craziness, checking in, not sick just yet but there are so many infections all around me... Will be tough to avoid. CA on lockdown.

Yeah, your governor had some pretty heavy stuff to say today. I am up in Oregon. It is not too crazy here, yet.

Stay safe down there!

Site Admin
I'm wondering how A Northern Soul, Negamuse and Echelon are doing. Anyone who has got an update on them?
Life is a Frequency

Happy Cycler
Hello!

Feeling a lot better today. Still a bit achy and a bit of a cough and sore chest but overall on the mend. I’m still feeling tired - what I would advise anyone who gets this is when you think you’re feeling a bit better, don’t push yourself too soon. There’s been a couple of days this week where I thought I was feeling better then needed to go to bed for an hour or so after attempting a really mundane task!

Confident I’ll be approaching normal by Monday.

Hope others are keeping well

Dayvan Cowboy
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Hello!

Feeling a lot better today. Still a bit achy and a bit of a cough and sore chest but overall on the mend. I’m still feeling tired - what I would advise anyone who gets this is when you think you’re feeling a bit better, don’t push yourself too soon. There’s been a couple of days this week where I thought I was feeling better then needed to go to bed for an hour or so after attempting a really mundane task!

Confident I’ll be approaching normal by Monday.

Hope others are keeping well

Glad to hear it!

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:Well, that shit blew up to epic proportions jesus... :lol:

This will certainly be the end of the world as we know it, armageddon is upon us!

I retract this premature statement and wish all people suffering from this shit all the best health.

I still feel this whole thing is blown way out of proportion though, mostly because of the mass media and because people cannot show some restraint. I understand for some people shit is tough, but panic never helped anybody in any situation. Frankly it only makes things worse.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
phpBB [media]

We need this man now more than ever.

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:I retract this premature statement and wish all people suffering from this shit all the best health.

I still feel this whole thing is blown way out of proportion though, mostly because of the mass media and because people cannot show some restraint. I understand for some people shit is tough, but panic never helped anybody in any situation. Frankly it only makes things worse.

With hospitals overrun in Italy and a nearly 10% fatality rate in that country, how exactly would you define "blown out of proportion?"

Do you think the World Health Organization and the CDC are fearmongering? As well as essentially every other public health agency in the world?

Is a global pandemic that's known to have killed tens of thousands (probably far more) and that continues to grow exponentially an insignificant event? A disease that's twice as contagious as influenza and kills 15% of elderly patients?

Emergency room physicians in New York have warned that they fully expect to run put of ventilators. That means that, like in Italy, they will essentially have to decide who lives and leave others to die. In the largest city in the United States.

And before you even think about comparing this to the flu, remember that this is a brand new virus to which there is no herd immunity. This is hitting us all at once.

Spreading this narrative of "it's overblown by the media" leads people to not take the social distancing measures seriously and is actively dangerous to the elderly and vulnerable community members. This is a global health crisis the likes of which has not been seen in over a hundred years.

Happy Cycler
It's getting bad here now. Curse this shitty government and its pathetic response.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Things I never thought I'd do in my lifetime no.3452957 this week...

Throwing belongings into my car to move back in with my ex so we can look after our daughter before our half-fucked haystack of a leader belatedly realised asking nicely wasn't working and locked us down properly. Several weeks living and working in a box room and sleeping in a single bed. If the virus doesn't kill us, the inevitable arguments likely will. FML.

See you on the other side.

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Oooff. Sympathies.

Sherbet Head
And yet again I retract my previous post, I'm sorry for that. I fully underestimated the consequences of this whole thing.

phpBB [media]

Wise and loving words that speak to the heart.

Stay safe everyone and find peace.

If the only thing you've got to apologise for is underestimating this, I do t think you need worry too much. People in much higher positions knew fully and chose to do nothing. They should apologise. Not you ;-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Mexicola wrote:If the only thing you've got to apologise for is underestimating this, I do t think you need worry too much. People in much higher positions knew fully and chose to do nothing. They should apologise. Not you ;-)

Thanks Mexi, but I disagree with the first part. Looking back at my posts they had a bit of an arrogant undertone which I really dislike about my posts sometimes. And posts like these can actually hurt or in the least anger/provoke people. It's unnecessary and I'm sorry for that.

It's so easy for me to say things appear to be blown out of proportion from my point of view. For others this might be a nightmarish period and my heart goes out to those.

I do agree with your second part, those people should be humble and apologize. But I can also understand why they chose to do nothing at first. It's easy to understand what had to be done in hindsight. This is very weird and unknown territory we are treading as humanity. I just hope the people that can make a difference have the strength and wisdom to do the right thing, right now. I don't think it's time to point fingers now. We are in this together.

Just don't beat yourself up. There are bigger problems at the moment without weighing yourself down with extra. Damn you for being human and fallible! Lol

Slow down...

Dayvan Cowboy
Yeah, sorry if my post was a bit harsh. I honestly understand where you're coming from, Gazebo. It hardly even seems real from a distance.

I just found out that I was exposed about 10 days ago from a person who was not yet showing symptoms, but was probably already infected based on the timeline. I was only in contact with the person very briefly (less than a minute) and was wearing a mask/gloves out of general paranoia so I'm hopeful that I didn't contract it. I'm a little concerned that perhaps I'm asymptomatic, but I'm isolating regardless and if my wife and kid don't get sick we're probably fine.

Still, I'm running through all the people I've had contact with since then (before social distance measures were really in place where I live) wondering if I've put anyone else at risk. It's a terrifying thought.

If you're in the UK, download this app, even if you're well, to help track the spread of the virus in the UK

https://twitter.com/Join_ZOE/status/124 ... 21473?s=19

Slow down...

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground