Looking for good TV series

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I actually made a Netflix account in order to watch Hill House. I agree with portiss, it's an excelent show, I haven't read the book so I wouldn't know how far off it actually is from the original story, but it's super entertaining and it's lovely shot.

Also watching AHS Apocalypse. It's the only other show I watch, wouldn't say it's amazing but it's certainly entertaining. I watch it mostly because it's short and it doesn't require to invest much in it, you just watch it and enjoy it.

Dayvan Cowboy
Ricky Gervais's new series After Life is a cracker. Soundtracked by Hammock as well.

Sherbet Head
Tales From the Loop on Amazon is a beautiful, unconventional sci-fi series based on the artwork of Simon Stålenhag. If you're looking for quarantine binge watch material, add this to your list.

Eagle Minded
Two words. TWIN. PEAKS.

Especially the newest season.

I have to say that it's probably going to be regarded as David Lynch's magnum opus.

Dayvan Cowboy
Russian Doll is bingeable in a couple of days and was the best thing I saw last year. Dark, funny and clever

Dayvan Cowboy
Sex Education and The End of the F***ing World and both entertaining recent watches, both filmed in a similar kind of surreal retro style that seems to be the thing these days.

Dayvan Cowboy
Intrigued to see that there's apparently a new sci-fi series on Amazon called 'Tales fro the Loop', based on the paintings of Simon Stalenhag.

Dayvan Cowboy
Josh wrote:Tales From the Loop on Amazon is a beautiful, unconventional sci-fi series based on the artwork of Simon Stålenhag. If you're looking for quarantine binge watch material, add this to your list.

Oops, ha! Just missed this. Looking forward to it.

Dayvan Cowboy
jcnporter wrote:
Josh wrote:Tales From the Loop on Amazon is a beautiful, unconventional sci-fi series based on the artwork of Simon Stålenhag. If you're looking for quarantine binge watch material, add this to your list.

Oops, ha! Just missed this. Looking forward to it.

Watched the first couple of episodes and It's really good, quite slow, atmospheric and beautifully shot, as you'd expect.
Beautifully scored as well by Philip Glass, no less, although its leitmotif is strikingly similar to the main theme of The Leftovers.

Posts Quantity
Ditto to the above.

I've watched a couple of episodes of Tales from the Loop too and am enjoying it. Was intrigued to see Rebecca Hall and Jonathan Pryce both involved so gave it a go and glad I did.

Thanks very much for the reccommendation.

Dayvan Cowboy
Devs looking interesting so far, now on BBC.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also loving Tales From The Loop and appreciating how deliciously languid it is. Feels a little like a modern/retro Twilight Zone.

At the moment I've started re-watching The Sopranos. Two of the series regulars are doing a weekly podcast called Talking Sopranos and it's fascinating. I'd forgotten how modern and funny the show was. Better than I'd remembered.

Happy Cycler
Two episodes into Waco on Netflix. It's pretty good so far.

Dayvan Cowboy
Waco is pretty good indeed!

Just watched Kalafat, which was pretty decent as well!
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Sherbet Head
jcnporter wrote:Devs looking interesting so far, now on BBC.

Devs was really good. Created by Alex Garland, who made Ex Machina and directed Annihilation.

HOMECOMING.

I raged about Waco in the Waco thread.
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

New Seed
I just started watching "The Twilight Zone" from 1959. Holy dicktits my guys, this show is awesome! If you haven't watched it yet - it aged wonderfully. It's eerie, and at times flat out creepy, the acting is great (well, some kid actors could be better but hey...) and every episode is just 25 minutes and a whole story, so they have almost no filler. So far anyway. If you like surrealism / science fiction / urban fantasy - this show is for YOU!

Dayvan Cowboy
cowolter wrote:I just started watching "The Twilight Zone" from 1959. Holy dicktits my guys, this show is awesome! If you haven't watched it yet - it aged wonderfully. It's eerie, and at times flat out creepy, the acting is great (well, some kid actors could be better but hey...) and every episode is just 25 minutes and a whole story, so they have almost no filler. So far anyway. If you like surrealism / science fiction / urban fantasy - this show is for YOU!

The Twilight Zone is an absolute classic and is also one of my all-time favorite shows! Required viewing for anyone even remotely interested in speculative fiction.

And to jump on the Haunting of Hill House bandwagon, I was actually somewhat surprised at how good that series was.

Happy Cycler
cowolter wrote:I just started watching "The Twilight Zone" from 1959. Holy dicktits my guys, this show is awesome! If you haven't watched it yet - it aged wonderfully. It's eerie, and at times flat out creepy, the acting is great (well, some kid actors could be better but hey...) and every episode is just 25 minutes and a whole story, so they have almost no filler. So far anyway. If you like surrealism / science fiction / urban fantasy - this show is for YOU!

An absolute classic, yes.

If you haven't seen it already, be sure to check out the original Outer Limits. There are some great episodes of that program, too.

Dayvan Cowboy
I feel like the last person on earth to say Chernobyl was good, but it really was. If incredibly bleak.

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground