GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
That’s strange, maybe some internal drama with the subreddit moderators? Or possibly one of them was hacked or something and they decided to lock it down? Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
Seems back to normal? Either that or I requested to post and was accepted
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Friendly Stranger
"and many more TBA" wanna tell you guys about a remote utopia I have ~ https://www.nts.live/events/remote-utopias

Dayvan Cowboy
SocietasXMate wrote:"and many more TBA" wanna tell you guys about a remote utopia I have ~ https://www.nts.live/events/remote-utopias

In this day and age, all I can do is hope against hope. At least I see a Warp artist on there!

"Exclusive premieres" too. =)

This would be a very relevant takeover to drop an album or anything btw

Dayvan Cowboy
Also I know that they probably won't be there but "Remote Utopias" would actually be a good name for their fifth album. We could finally see the positive side of social distancing in a beautiful place out in the country XD

Eagle Minded
Having BoC on the same bill as Skrillex is a big no-no.

Dayvan Cowboy
Moloch wrote:Having BoC on the same bill as Skrillex is a big no-no.

Yeah honestly I knew it was too good to be true. It would have been nice for them to show up though.

I'm very tempted to make an Avatar The Last Airbender meme concerning them: "When the world needed them most, they vanished." :lol:

Eagle Minded

Wut.

It's a radio show. I don't give two flying monkey's who else is on the set if BoC were present in any way, shape, or form.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
drixlin wrote:

Wut.

It's a radio show. I don't give two flying monkey's who else is on the set if BoC were present in any way, shape, or form.

also say what you want about his early career but he's also a noted large afx/warp catalog/ambient music fan and has become a pretty versatile producer/collaborator

Dayvan Cowboy
2020. deep autumn. November/December release date.

the most psychedelic and sun album they ever released. pleasant and light. nostalgic and sad. like TCH(2)

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:2020. deep autumn. November/December release date.

the most psychedelic and sun album they ever released. pleasant and light. nostalgic and sad. like TCH(2)

You just described the perfect scenario, Arvy. If it happened like this, I'd be so happy!

I will also add that Sometimes is a return to that kind of sound, but it's still new at the same time. It's hard to explain.

I just hope that if they release a new TCH style album that people lay off it. I have no idea why TCH is considered the black sheep when it not only breaks new ground in BOC's official discography, but it's one of their most melodic albums. Not to mention that there's an incredible level of depth to the sound. There's so many layers for your mind to dig through.

You can tell BOC worked really hard on the album and gave a great message behind it (a happy nostalgic place for your mind to escape to in an increasingly dark world. That's super relevant in this day and age too) and people like Pitchfork took it entirely for granted.

Hopefully this time if BOC create an album with a similar message, Pitchfork and all those other reviewers realize how important a message like that is. Maybe they'll even reevaluate Headphase, but I doubt it. They'll probably say that the new album improves on the lackluster Headphase.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also Warp started a new weekly mixtape. Keep your ears peeled if it has anything to do with BOC. It might one day:

Warp Earth Catalog is a weekly mixtape of ideas to inspire, inform, enable and energize creativity and positivity in a time of global disruption and uncertainty. Based on the classic countercultural guide the Whole Earth Catalog and its credo of ‘access to tools’, these are tools for strength, awareness and thoughtful entertainment. From wherever in the world we are, let’s support each other, make things and help maintain the ecosystem of independent creativity.

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:

You just described the perfect scenario, Arvy. If it happened like this, I'd be so happy!

I will also add that Sometimes is a return to that kind of sound, but it's still new at the same time. It's hard to explain.

I just hope that if they release a new TCH style album that people lay off it. I have no idea why TCH is considered the black sheep when it not only breaks new ground in BOC's official discography, but it's one of their most melodic albums. Not to mention that there's an incredible level of depth to the sound. There's so many layers for your mind to dig through.

You can tell BOC worked really hard on the album and gave a great message behind it (a happy nostalgic place for your mind to escape to in an increasingly dark world. That's super relevant in this day and age too) and people like Pitchfork took it entirely for granted.

Hopefully this time if BOC create an album with a similar message, Pitchfork and all those other reviewers realize how important a message like that is. Maybe they'll even reevaluate Headphase, but I doubt it. They'll probably say that the new album improves on the lackluster Headphase.

Thanks, Echelon. I just recently was looking at TCH artwork. And noticed how vivid it looks. It is like holding someones memory in your hands. It is pretty trippy :!:

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Thanks, Echelon. I just recently was looking at TCH artwork. And noticed how vivid it looks. It is like holding someones memory in your hands. It is pretty trippy :!:

It's interesting when you compare the sleeve photos of Tomorrow's Harvest to Campfire Headphase. It's like, all those people and memories faded and there's nothing left but barren landscape.

This next album probably has something to do with a new civilization.

Eagle Minded
Their albums are the official OST to the many stages of life and our existence!... excited to see what is next!

Dayvan Cowboy
Echelon wrote:

Someone said that heir next album could be leaving the earth. If TH was a desert, their next album is an alien planet jungle. Psychedelic scatters of human memories in the external heavens.

Some of the BOC ideas and dedication in music design. Combined in a musical family package for your adventure.

Dayvan Cowboy
arvy wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Someone said that heir next album could be leaving the earth. If TH was a desert, their next album is an alien planet jungle. Psychedelic scatters of human memories in the external heavens.

Some of the BOC ideas and dedication in music design. Combined in a musical family package for your adventure.

You know, now that I think about it. Didn't they say the second side of Tomorrow's Harvest was less human?

Palace Posy gives me weird alien pagan vibes. I feel like an alien civilization found a deserted earth, saw that Eleven commercial and turned it into a weird pagan ritual/chant.

Eagle Minded
Palace Posy is tribal as fuck. I see half-naked earthlings riding mammoths and hunting dinosaurs. The sky is eerily blue and there's multicoloured tall grass and weird trees everywhere. I picture it as a 70s prog/kraut cover artwork.

Friendly Stranger
Moloch wrote:Palace Posy is tribal as fuck. I see half-naked earthlings riding mammoths and hunting dinosaurs. The sky is eerily blue and there's multicoloured tall grass and weird trees everywhere. I picture it as a 70s prog/kraut cover artwork.

I always imagined a Mad Max-type tribe salvaging and repurposing leftover bits of the pre-collapse world.

Eagle Minded
My wish: One day soon there’ll be a tweet with a URL and a 2 hour warning and a livestream will commence of material we’ve never heard before.
preparation for a dive.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada