Now Playing:

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Gazebo4 wrote:Really into Nathan Fake atm since his new album Blizzards released.

This liveset is really amazing (as are the visuals) .

phpBB [media]
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Sherbet Head
Some great links up here thanks gals and guys. (I did not post since a very long time, so Hi ! again )

On my side I recently fell in love with this short ambient piece, the music as the video are peacefully haunting to me :
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
Always one for being hilariously behind the curve, I've liked Burial since Untrue, but never really paid much attention to dubstep in general. Anyway, spent some time poking about and listening to what seem to be considered 'classic' dubstep tracks and these two really blew me away -

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

26 basslines is a tune I would have absolutely cleared the dance floor to when I was a lad. Fantastic.

Reminds me of this, which I definitely did clear a few dance floors to -

phpBB [media]

Happy Cycler
Autechre - Slip

Lads - I have finally *got* Autechre after years of trying.

Advice on how to tackle the back catalogue please - I like rhythms you could in theory dance to and pretty melodies, I don't like over complicated glitches and the electronic equivalent of wanky guitar solos. Where should I stat and what should I avoid?

Sherbet Head
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Autechre - Slip

Lads - I have finally *got* Autechre after years of trying.

Advice on how to tackle the back catalogue please - I like rhythms you could in theory dance to and pretty melodies, I don't like over complicated glitches and the electronic equivalent of wanky guitar solos. Where should I stat and what should I avoid?

Ooooh nice!! For most people they aren't really easy to get into. Still after all these years I have some albums that need to fully click for me. Slip is a classic melodic AE track, very accessible tune. Love it!

Their albums got weirder, more glitchy and they steered away from conventional rhythmics as the years passed. So imo start in chronological order, and don't forget the EP's! Some are definitely as good as their LP's.

Their first 3 albums are pretty accessible. Incunabula, Amber and the most excellent Tri Repetae. LP5 is really good also, but I'd start with these 3. As for EP's, Anti is a good start-off point, then maybe Cichlisuite and Envane for their hip hop roots 8)

All I can say is, if something doesn't click right away, keep listening over time. Maybe not immediately, but come back to it later or put it on in the background while doing some other stuff. It'll click at some point and the moment it does is magic!!! AE are so special in that regard, totally unique, unexpected, demanding yes, but sooooo rewarding in the long run! Wizards of electronic machinery they are, they take you places beyond this mortal realm :lol:

Incunabula was my first introduction. Listened to it on headphones in bed on acid, tears were shed :D

Also, Incunabula literally means first book, or the earliest or first traces of something, start there ;)

And avoid Confield like the plague. It's one of my favorites now but it took me a few years to fully appreciate. It's a lot of "noise" and glitch which seems random at first until your brain starts to fill in the gaps. Very demanding and moody record.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Eagle Minded
phpBB [media]
Telephasic Workshop

YAEJI
PLEASE LISTEN TO MY QUEER ELECTRONIC POP MUSIC: 2020k.Bandcamp |Twenty20k.com

Friendly Stranger
Geodesic wrote:Some great links up here thanks gals and guys. (I did not post since a very long time, so Hi ! again )

On my side I recently fell in love with this short ambient piece, the music as the video are peacefully haunting to me :
phpBB [media]

This is class, great tip off, thanks

:D

phpBB [media]

Check out the Rhodes piano on this and tell me it ain't BOC before BOC happened. Some lush South LA hip-hop vibes too. Gorgeous.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Mexicola wrote:
phpBB [media]

Check out the Rhodes piano on this and tell me it ain't BOC before BOC happened. Some lush South LA hip-hop vibes too. Gorgeous.

Hey, one of my few favorite hip-hop songs! Really puts on melody and maybe a bit of sweet peaceful BOC nostalgia, I've got an instrumental for years... :] Thanx Mexicola...

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
♄ope keeper wrote:
phpBB [media]

So good.

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

IS THIS ALICE GLASS?????????????????????

phpBB [media]

Happy Cycler
2020k wrote:IS THIS ALICE GLASS?????????????????????

phpBB [media]

BURN IT! BURNIT WITH FIRE!!1

Posts Quantity
phpBB [media]

great great good good yes yes

Boqurant
phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Double post, but too good not to share..

phpBB [media]

Dayvan Cowboy
phpBB [media]

Such a great, great, great album. Bought it when it first came out and I've never tired of it.

That was 24 years ago now. Fucking hell.

PreviousNext

Return to This Random Sound