Content From The Old Flash Game

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Made this account to post this:

I recently downloaded the .dcr files from the game. I opened them up in Adobe Director and used a couple of plugins to export the content inside those files. Here's some textures from the Kaleidoscope and "Reflected Panorama" scenes:

Hi Scores
trees1.bmp

Gann
boc_bacsrgr2.bmp

Gyroscope
trees1.bmp (Can you see a pattern yet?)

Horizon Radar
trees1.bmp

Aquarius
boc_bacsrgr2.bmp

Music Is Math
clockface.bmp
(The texture for the clock hand was not worth ripping because it was way to small of a file. Only about like 8 pixels across.)

Time Apple
bluegirl.jpg

Eagle In Your Mind
highway.bmp
headlight.bmp
taillight.bmp

Oirectine
boc_bacsrgr2.bmp

Kid For Today
boc_bacsrgr2.bmp

Sixtyniner
boc_bacsrgr2.bmp

Here's a high quality rip of the sounds (Downloadable):
phpBB [media]

There are some other textures in the game I didn't share here. If you want to see them tell me which and I'll rip them and post it here as a reply.

And now for some exciting news: Since Shockwave and other media player formats like Flash are a dead/dying format, especially since Flash will not be supported anymore as of December of 2020, a project to archive as many games as possible called Bluemaxima's Flashpoint has recently popped up (Last three years or so.). I submitted the game as a "curation" to be added to the archive, so when it's (hopefully) accepted for the next version you all will be able to play it without the need of a browser! More info here: https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
Image ImageImage

Top effort! Wow, thanks :-)

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Great job!

Ive been trying to play this on and off for a few months, no matter what I try, what browser I use, updated all my shock wave flash et etc I can't for the life of me get this to work on Windows 10

I worked out how to do it a while back and I think I posted about somewhere on Twoism. Needed to use an older version of IE or something. Search and if you find it, post it here?

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
great news! i was looking for the .swf for ages. Where did you find the .dcr file?

Eagle Minded
The bass in track 6 from your Soundcloud playlist sounds very much like the bass in the unidentified "Thank You For Not Smoking" track from SXT.

Happy Cycler
Very nice work!

So cool to have Kaleidoscope.dcr 3 2 isolated like this. It's one of the greatest sounds they ever created.

Boqurant
great news! i was looking for the .swf for ages. Where did you find the .dcr file?

.swf files are flash player files. .dcr files are shockwave. The game runs on shockwave so there's no flash player files. I used a Windows 7 VM to run the game with shockwave and the old version of IE 8. I opened up the F12 Developer Tools window. Went to the "Network" tab and played through the game. I downloaded all of the .dcr's from the urls that popped up.

Here's a video of me playing the game.
phpBB [media]

(Aquarius is muted...)
Image ImageImage

Posts Quantity
oh wow! takes me back, I can vividly remember playing the game on an old pc with a big, huge/deep monitor screen. so nice to see it again ,i wish they had a website like that up again.

Posts Quantity
Thanx, some of these are basically the samples used in their trax, fantastic!

I also like the "under a pot" samples which sound like when you hear club-like playing a gig on a street... "Hey pal BOC are playing in the club, can you hear it?!"

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

I feel also a bit of sorrow for BOC and also for us, these trax sound so innocent and nostalgic, 20 years ago...

Boqurant
Here's the logo from the loading scene that I forgot to post:
Gonna try to send all these textures to Fredd-E, or submit them myself on bocpages.
Image ImageImage

Posts Quantity
oliveoil22 wrote:I used a Windows 7 VM to run the game with shockwave and the old version of IE 8. I opened up the F12 Developer Tools window. Went to the "Network" tab and played through the game. I downloaded all of the .dcr's from the urls that popped up.

you are a genius 8) cheers for this

Eagle Minded
This is fantastic work. Finally we have them in good quality!

Posts Quantity
Wow, really great great great find. I'm so excited. So as you can hear e.g. 'Amo' are various tracks for 'Amo Bishop Roden', we can now also combine the 'Tellia' tracks to get a fuller version of that track. Furthermore, the 'Tellia' tracks are also A06 from 'Random 35 Tracks Tape', so now we know the title for that song, or at least part of it.

Also, is it me, or does 'Tellia' sound way to much like 'Telecom Italia'. Doesn't fit timeline-wise I know, but just a thought.

Posts Quantity
Completely forgot about this, wow!

Thanks for doing this and working to get it archived and accessible.

Posts Quantity
koroviev wrote:Wow, really great great great find. I'm so excited. So as you can hear e.g. 'Amo' are various tracks for 'Amo Bishop Roden', we can now also combine the 'Tellia' tracks to get a fuller version of that track. Furthermore, the 'Tellia' tracks are also A06 from 'Random 35 Tracks Tape', so now we know the title for that song, or at least part of it.

Also, is it me, or does 'Tellia' sound way to much like 'Telecom Italia'. Doesn't fit timeline-wise I know, but just a thought.

Tellia is just an earlier version of Seven Forty Seven. "Tellia" must be an alternative title for the track.

Posts Quantity
Wow, I completely forgot about that track, sixtyniner. Still interesting to find out about an alternate title. These are the tidbits that keep me going.

Happy Cycler
sixtyniner wrote:
koroviev wrote:Wow, really great great great find. I'm so excited. So as you can hear e.g. 'Amo' are various tracks for 'Amo Bishop Roden', we can now also combine the 'Tellia' tracks to get a fuller version of that track. Furthermore, the 'Tellia' tracks are also A06 from 'Random 35 Tracks Tape', so now we know the title for that song, or at least part of it.

Tellia is just an earlier version of Seven Forty Seven. "Tellia" must be an alternative title for the track.

I was wondering about that, too. I think it is related to the taillight pic though.

Friendly Stranger
Good reference material to use when mixing, very much appreciated, thank you.

Sherbet Head
Thank you for doing this! This really brings me back. Wow.

Next

Return to Boards of Canada