Cult 48 - Catalog-1

Discussions related to music in general.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet, what's everyone's thoughts on this?

http://cult48.bandcamp.com/album/catalog-1

There are obvious BOC references deliberately part of a clever marketing campaign yes, but I gotta say I've really enjoyed the album regardless.

Eagle Minded
This is quite nice. I like the nasty 2000's flash player vibe.

Dayvan Cowboy
Some dude over on WATMM is convinced this is BOC.

Eagle Minded
dp wrote:Some dude over on WATMM is convinced this is BOC.

They really nailed the synth sounds IMO.
I'm 99% sure this is not Boards Of Canada but if it is, well ok.
If it isn't, these guys sure know how to copy them. And by that I mean they REALLY know their shit.

Posts Quantity
It's fine, competent, but it's not BOC. A little TOO on the nose for them.

Happy Cycler
burst__of__indigo wrote:It's fine, competent, but it's not BOC. A little TOO on the nose for them.

This.

Boqurant
They posted this code on their facebook page a few hours ago.
SKLFNOIASNEJD08W34 FGV#'SDRJ4.45PMSKIFGNWEPMJKB
along with the track peyote which leads to this new snipped.
phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
There is some commotion in a Cult48 thread over on WATMM as there are insinuations that Catalog 1 has been released without the full permission of the artist (and verified that it's definitely not BoC). Furthur Electronix is releasing the vinyl version of Catalog 1, so based on what the person who says they know the artist has written the artist behind Cult48 is not at all pleased about how their material has been treated. This is currently unsubstantiated forum talk and there's no concrete evidence, so treat the information accordingly.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Boqurant
new vid
phpBB [media]

Friendly Stranger
dcom wrote:There is some commotion in a Cult48 thread over on WATMM as there are insinuations that Catalog 1 has been released without the full permission of the artist (and verified that it's definitely not BoC). Furthur Electronix is releasing the vinyl version of Catalog 1, so based on what the person who says they know the artist has written the artist behind Cult48 is not at all pleased about how their material has been treated. This is currently unsubstantiated forum talk and there's no concrete evidence, so treat the information accordingly.

The person making the allegations was never a member of Cult48.
I know this because I am.

We will quietly release a lot more music, and soon.
We are just getting started.

Boqurant

Hope that everything is sorted out now because I've been listening to that debut quite a lot lately. here's to more : )

Dayvan Cowboy
Plz put your music on Spotify.

Posts Quantity
Phade Rhombus wrote:
dcom wrote:There is some commotion in a Cult48 thread over on WATMM as there are insinuations that Catalog 1 has been released without the full permission of the artist (and verified that it's definitely not BoC). Furthur Electronix is releasing the vinyl version of Catalog 1, so based on what the person who says they know the artist has written the artist behind Cult48 is not at all pleased about how their material has been treated. This is currently unsubstantiated forum talk and there's no concrete evidence, so treat the information accordingly.

We will quietly release a lot more music, and soon.
We are just getting started.

Aha! We knew it was you all along!

Glad to be in the cult.

Posts Quantity
new album and very heavily influenced by BOC I would say

Sounding wonderful though

https://cult48.bandcamp.com/album/underground-signals-from-an-unknown-place

Happy Cycler
Quite nice.

Sherbet Head
Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that cult 48 recently deleted all of their video uploads on YouTube. If you do a search for Reddit Cult 48. You'll find that the main member of the group explains pretty much everything in regards to who cult 48 is, and the plans going forward.

Fireal420 wrote:Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that cult 48 recently deleted all of their video uploads on YouTube. If you do a search for Reddit Cult 48. You'll find that the main member of the group explains pretty much everything in regards to who cult 48 is, and the plans going forward.

It's best to read the statement here: https://carbinax.com/cult48/

Eagle Minded
Fredd-E wrote:
Fireal420 wrote:Hope everyone is doing well. I noticed that cult 48 recently deleted all of their video uploads on YouTube. If you do a search for Reddit Cult 48. You'll find that the main member of the group explains pretty much everything in regards to who cult 48 is, and the plans going forward.

It's best to read the statement here: https://carbinax.com/cult48/

Holy crap! I was browsing the site, carbinax.com and noticed something very familiar - 2ndMOUSE.
A long time ago I co-created a net label with a friend and one of the artists we had was 2ndMOUSE. Unless it's a different person, I just thought it was a nice coincidence.

It was a sad read, by the way, and I totally get it after reading it. I'm glad to know a little more to the story now.
Sirens calling out catastrophe, waves of mourning rippling through hillsides, an exodus for us all

Dayvan Cowboy
This channel seems to be riffing slightly off Cult48. And admittedly, I rather like what's been put out so far. 8)

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

phpBB [media]

Outerwack
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5O8AOqoukygEfBDEi1bcg

Sky and Trails wrote:Holy crap! I was browsing the site, carbinax.com and noticed something very familiar - 2ndMOUSE.
A long time ago I co-created a net label with a friend and one of the artists we had was 2ndMOUSE. Unless it's a different person, I just thought it was a nice coincidence.

It was a sad read, by the way, and I totally get it after reading it. I'm glad to know a little more to the story now.

Cor, You're not gonna believe this, and it's another bizarre mad coincidence but 2ndMouse actually used to frequent this forum.
I’ve definitely read his name before on here!

Orbited insanitarium wrote: You're not gonna believe this, and it's another bizarre mad coincidence but 2ndMouse actually used to frequent this forum.
I’ve definitely read his name before on here!

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1511

Next

Return to This Random Sound