GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
So nothing in that meditation sample that alludes to anything then? regardless of where it's from? Like I said, It does not sound like a track, nowhere near enough thought gone into it to be considered part of a collection, it has to be an info clip to allude to something, 99% trolling.

I can't see anything in the string of info apart from the sums. the clip is 66 seconds and at the start it says something like "for the purpose of this broadcast we will known as" but then I can't make anything else out and that's exactly 6 seconds in.
You could feel the bullshit

Boqurant
ZosoCon wrote:Ha, the Clyp account name "Catherine Fell" is an anagram for Hell Interface.

No way? Man, thats right. Interest picqued. Again. Would be good if we could get a steer from the official account if this is nonsense or not (I assume, as usual, we would get radio silence).

I cant, for the life of me, crack any of the letters in the narrative string (the one with treble sixes), unless its random fluff and only the numbers are meant to signify anything.

If it is genuine, is the track Fortunate Sons meant to signify those lucky enough to come across it, or are we getting a Creedence Clearwater influenced new direction? Lol.

Whatever, its a rabbit hole...

Sherbet Head
There is the possible name Ian or Ian D in the string, googling points out a few authors but none of which look suitable. One does History of Scottish Migration though haha. Could be code to lines, words in a text but fucked if i'm going down that hole.

Boqurant
Lol. I ran the letters through a few ciphers and did a stat analysis on them to no avail because (a) yes, I am that sad, (b) I would like a new album before Covid or WW3 gets me, and (c) im laid up in bed with a bad back and it occupies my time.

Sherbet Head
regarding CCR you mentioned linking to the name of the clip, when BoC did those latest remixes I said that I felt that their next release would be a summer of love, hippy 60/70s vibe, due to their production techniques of old school panning, i.e. all drums on one side etc. Their remixes felt like they were trying to be from an era akin to something like Forever changes by Love.

Eagle Minded
Negamuse wrote:The reversed speech samples are (when flipped back around) from "Psychedelic Prayers Adapted from the Tao Te Ching"
Spot on! Yeah definitely Timothy Leary there.

vonS wrote:Whatever, its a rabbit hole...
Rabbit hole indeed.

Boqurant
Im not too convinced on the hippy side (if it is real...), as the reddit link refers to a ‘vile thread’ and there are 666 references, even the Hell Interface pseudonym! There would be various ways of signalling if it was indeed BoC (huge if) but this seems dark.

That said, your CCR point is well taken, and there is the Timothy Leary samples to support it (I have no idea how the poster tracked that down/worked it out). If it was the 60s, and its legit, it suggests to me it could be more of a Manson type bad trip...

Dayvan Cowboy
Literally just scraped the audio and flipped it in Audacity and googled what I heard. I was half expecting it to be something funny put there as a troll :lol:

Sherbet Head
weird, noticed my post count was 339! could it be, when I first mentioned the clip, my 333rd post? eer, yeah it was. They are using us in their narrative ha.
I guess you can find anything in anything if you want to find dots to join.

Boqurant
Geogandhi wrote:weird, noticed my post count was 339! could it be, when I first mentioned the clip, my 333rd post? eer, yeah it was. They are using us in their narrative ha.
I guess you can find anything in anything if you want to find dots to join.

Lol. To be safe you might want to decrypt the words in your post to find the hidden references to Orange and Timothy Leary.

Boqurant
I really like the clip (clyp) - its well made and superboc sounding. It feels like it wears some X tape influences in the voices.

Its beginning to feel like there are too many obvious references though - boc are historically more opaque than this.

could be though. could be.

But if its a troll (likely) then well played, whoever did it.
I was a kid

Eagle Minded
God now this is a bit silly. The new Redditor who originally posted the clyp is "MrVainetechnologies".
'MrVaine', you guessed it, is anagram of 'Minerva'.

Boqurant
Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I dont get it though (probably the limits of my ignorance). What is the significance of Minerva?

Sherbet Head
Bit of a HotchPotch innit. Wonder if anything will tie it together or whether it's just key BoCisms for a laugh.

Dayvan Cowboy
vonS wrote:Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I dont get it though (probably the limits of my ignorance). What is the significance of Minerva?

I believe that on the CD (dunno about vinyl) it said somewhere I overflow man, which is an anagram for Owl of Minerva.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
portiss wrote:
vonS wrote:Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I believe that on the CD (dunno about vinyl) it said somewhere I overflow man, which is an anagram for Owl of Minerva.

Interesting. Just checked the vinyl, and its not on there. Not even etched into the record. However, found an interesting post about the owl of minerva. I swear I learn something new all the time with this band.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:
portiss wrote:

Interesting. Just checked the vinyl, and its not on there. Not even etched into the record. However, found an interesting post about the owl of minerva. I swear I learn something new all the time with this band.

I OVERFLOW MAN was only on the CD version. https://imgur.com/tyoBMmM
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
I appreciate the effort someone put into this troll, top notch.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:
portiss wrote:

Yeah the Minerva anagram is on the cd. Plus the fnord site newcleardawn.com has an owl symbol (possibly Minerva).

Sherbet Head
Correct me if i'm wrong though, none of this Minerva, New clear dawn shite went anywhere, it just hung around after TH leaving us wondering about more secrets, of which there may have been, hidden for 7 years haha.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada