GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Boqurant
Geogandhi wrote:weird, noticed my post count was 339! could it be, when I first mentioned the clip, my 333rd post? eer, yeah it was. They are using us in their narrative ha.
I guess you can find anything in anything if you want to find dots to join.

Lol. To be safe you might want to decrypt the words in your post to find the hidden references to Orange and Timothy Leary.

Boqurant
I really like the clip (clyp) - its well made and superboc sounding. It feels like it wears some X tape influences in the voices.

Its beginning to feel like there are too many obvious references though - boc are historically more opaque than this.

could be though. could be.

But if its a troll (likely) then well played, whoever did it.
I was a kid

Eagle Minded
God now this is a bit silly. The new Redditor who originally posted the clyp is "MrVainetechnologies".
'MrVaine', you guessed it, is anagram of 'Minerva'.

Boqurant
Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I dont get it though (probably the limits of my ignorance). What is the significance of Minerva?

Sherbet Head
Bit of a HotchPotch innit. Wonder if anything will tie it together or whether it's just key BoCisms for a laugh.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
vonS wrote:Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I dont get it though (probably the limits of my ignorance). What is the significance of Minerva?

I believe that on the CD (dunno about vinyl) it said somewhere I overflow man, which is an anagram for Owl of Minerva.
When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare in the sun

Boqurant
portiss wrote:
vonS wrote:Weird. I thought vain etechnologies was a reference/snipe at all the like/tweet obsession the past few weeks.

I believe that on the CD (dunno about vinyl) it said somewhere I overflow man, which is an anagram for Owl of Minerva.

Interesting. Just checked the vinyl, and its not on there. Not even etched into the record. However, found an interesting post about the owl of minerva. I swear I learn something new all the time with this band.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:
portiss wrote:

Interesting. Just checked the vinyl, and its not on there. Not even etched into the record. However, found an interesting post about the owl of minerva. I swear I learn something new all the time with this band.

I OVERFLOW MAN was only on the CD version. https://imgur.com/tyoBMmM
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Posts Quantity
I appreciate the effort someone put into this troll, top notch.

Eagle Minded
vonS wrote:
portiss wrote:

Yeah the Minerva anagram is on the cd. Plus the fnord site newcleardawn.com has an owl symbol (possibly Minerva).

Sherbet Head
Correct me if i'm wrong though, none of this Minerva, New clear dawn shite went anywhere, it just hung around after TH leaving us wondering about more secrets, of which there may have been, hidden for 7 years haha.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong though, none of this Minerva, New clear dawn shite went anywhere, it just hung around after TH leaving us wondering about more secrets, of which there may have been, hidden for 7 years haha.

I may be getting my timelines mixed up, but I believe the New Clear Dawn was discovered before TH even came out - I think it was more around the "black box suddenly appearing in their discography" time.

...also, how crazy is this fandom - we went nuts for, what? 5+ years because of a black box - it's no wonder social media "likes" get everyone all riled up, hahaha!
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Dayvan Cowboy
We should be thankful that BOC are only confusing people with a lot more likes lately.

They could seriously mess with the fanbase if they wanted to, much like they did with New Clear Dawn and that Redmoon nonsense.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
True about the crazy fandom, but if they werent so clever clever with all the albums, tracks and messages, we wouldnt be so amped to chase the slightest hint of a lead in the expectation of some new esoteric bit of nonsense!

Friendly Stranger
Going down the rabbit hole I just found this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wcV-sDkO84

Eagle Minded
darling_candy wrote:Going down the rabbit hole I just found this...

Interesting...

Channel creation date was August 8th, 2020...

Dayvan Cowboy
darling_candy wrote:Going down the rabbit hole I just found this...

You found it or you posted it? This video is only 26min old!

Friendly Stranger
I found it. Had a hunch on Catherine Fell and went to YT and found the newly posted video there.

Friendly Stranger
darling_candy wrote:I found it. Had a hunch on Catherine Fell and went to YT and found the newly posted video there.

What's more, if you decode the letter/number sequence using simple cryptography, it matches the Clyp id code: aydhl1k4ni23iand9dni
Last edited by darling_candy on Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
Found this on Reddit just now

https://www.reddit.com/r/codes/comments/idcejz/urgently_need_help_with_this_code/

I love how intense this group is...

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada