GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
b0qurant wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:
Betterthanyourkids wrote:I've a feeling this has got something to do with a BoCset. the reasoning being we already got vinyl reissues, and frankly I don't think BoC would be so thematically straightforward to directly use one of the most recognizable artifacts from space travel as a representation of the direction of any new music. I really don't think they'd just say "hey this is our SPACE ALBUM LMAO", they've never had such strong allegiance to a singular aesthetic. Like, TH promotion used aesthetics indicative of the cold war and nuclear holocaust, but they didn't post a clip from Dr. Strangelove!
Thus, if this means anything, I think this is indicative of old material coming to light. A golden BoC record launched to us from far away in the past. Fingers tightly crossed !

I don’t really think they’re interested in releasing old material considering how they reacted after the leaks. Those leaks kind of set the tone for their post-geogaddi interactions with fans. Am I wrong?

I imagine this had more to do with the betrayal of trust than it had to do with it being old material.

I think both reasons are connected. The material was never intended for wide release, and I’m not sure why that would change... Although their tweeting of the Buckie High video might indicate they are glad fans can hear those old tunes.

Boqurant
Betterthanyourkids wrote:I've a feeling this has got something to do with a BoCset. the reasoning being we already got vinyl reissues, and frankly I don't think BoC would be so thematically straightforward to directly use one of the most recognizable artifacts from space travel as a representation of the direction of any new music. I really don't think they'd just say "hey this is our SPACE ALBUM LMAO", they've never had such strong allegiance to a singular aesthetic. Like, TH promotion used aesthetics indicative of the cold war and nuclear holocaust, but they didn't post a clip from Dr. Strangelove!
Thus, if this means anything, I think this is indicative of old material coming to light. A golden BoC record launched to us from far away in the past. Fingers tightly crossed !

Yeah, I agree, their themes seem to be up to interpretation based around a few solid foundations. Like TH for example sounds kinda desolate, spacey, cold, around the theme of the collapse of society and the nature of our reality. It's more nuanced and complicated than just "GLOBAL WARMING IS BAD"
Honestly, I would take a BoC Legacy Set in a heartbeat, I think it's definitely possible, in the past they have expressed interest in releasing a few of their old tunes. I'd throw down some decent money to get cool official releases of some of their early tracks.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
Jango9 wrote:Oh fuck, here we go! The fact that they're using the pioneer plaque ties in with all the space imagery scattered throughout the Societas X tape!

-"This Flat Earth" has a lot of talk of space and whatnot in the radio chatter scattered throughout
-"Vulcan Mind Probe" by George Duke is named after the thing from Star Trek
-"35,000 Feet" is by a band called "Jupiter Prophet" and references the challenger explosion
-The "wind tunnel" interlude possibly refers to the wind tunnels used by various space administrations for testing things?
-The rocketship countdown sample during "Light In Darkness" that's not on the original YMO album
-The reversed track near the end of the tape is called "Little Star" (this one is a bit of a stretch lol)

I also think that the whole tape in general has a rather "space-y" feel about it even when it's not directly referencing outer space, though that might just be a matter of personal projection. A space-themed BoC release would be fucking awesome lmao

Did I miss any other direct space references on the tape?

Underrated post from Jango9 and one reason why I'm willing to consider a space theme, even if I do agree that they wouldn't be as blatant as I initially said.

Either way, I don't mind a space theme or something more in the vein of their remixes and other tracks on societas. :D
Last edited by Echelon on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
I would definitely love a nice wooden box with the hexagon plaque containing 5+ lps of old tunes...

Boqurant
bungler666 wrote:I would definitely love a nice wooden box with the hexagon plaque containing 5+ lps of old tunes...

That sounds lovely. Sign me up.

Dayvan Cowboy
The one thing that lends to the banner promoting archival material is it being posted on Hell Interface. HI has always represented the pseudonym used when Mike and Marcus work underground, and what's more underground than the countless tapes of music we've never heard before?

The fact that it's Music Has The Right To Children era symbolism also suggests something from their past.

Also, they finally got the license to release XYZ as an archival track. Perhaps they've gotten it for other tracks too?

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Also, they finally got the license to release XYZ as an archival track. Perhaps they've gotten it for other tracks too?

That's a very good point

Eagle Minded
I re-listened to R35, and both Old Tunes today, and feel like I’m in the minority hoping we would get a new album and not remastered old work. I mean, they are cool, but honestly just sketches, of which we were never supposed to even receive.

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:I re-listened to R35, and both Old Tunes today, and feel like I’m in the minority hoping we would get a new album and not remastered old work. I mean, they are cool, but honestly just sketches, of which we were never supposed to even receive.

I'm really, really on the fence with this one but I think I'd rather have another Geogaddi or MHTRTC than the BoC Set. But I'd rather have the BoC set over another Tomorrows Harvest for sure... Not saying it was bad, but man I really want some good, fun, melodic BoC. The BoC set would be nice if it included not only pre-twoism stuff but also the outtakes from Geogaddi and such. Old Tunes was just their best pre-twoism tracks compiled to send to labels if im not mistaken. Old Tunes Vol.1 and 2 are amazing and if they have lots more like that then I'm on board, but what if we've heard the best of it... I'd love to hear more Geogaddi era stuff tho, that album is something else. Either way, new BoC is new BoC and I highly doubt we'll be disappointed either way.
no information at this moment in time

Sherbet Head
Fuck it!, give us both! gimme gimme.
While I don't think we'll get the old shit and I think we already have most of them, or versions of most of them, i'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I am just hungry for new stuff, current ideas.
As far as the banner, it's probably just a hello from BoC via the only YT channel they control, A new one setup would look fake, we all know the HI one is legit. The hexagon means it is BoC that is saying hello not HI.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:I would definitely love a nice wooden box with the hexagon plaque containing 5+ lps of old tunes...

Would seriously dig a BOC version of this. I just don't know if BOC would take their cues from the grateful dead haha I remember them calling Geogaddi psychedelic but not "hippie shite" :lol:

Posts Quantity
It would be nice know the details on the WARP contract - but I assume that’s still a private corporate document and not public information.

That said - pure speculation - but I would imagine as with all legally binding documents there would be specific language of the type of agreement, right!?

Something like this sounds most logical and (probably most traditional) ....this contract holds _____ to five (5) records of new material under WARP.

Something less logical: ....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) box set.

....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) rerelease.

Who the hell knows - pure speculation but trying to think logically from the WARP perspective on this one.

The best deal for WARP would be - we pay these guys - we deal with their timetable - we only ask for 5 albums of new music.

Thoughts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Seed
Echelon wrote:

Would seriously dig a BOC version of this. I just don't know if BOC would take their cues from the grateful dead haha I remember them calling Geogaddi psychedelic but not "hippie shite" :lol:

And ... PIL had a nice round Metal Box ... so sure BoC could have a nice hexagonal shaped wooden box!

Sherbet Head
Nah, fuck that lazer engraved bolsa wood vibe. It does not give off the right vibe. It looks too trinket box for a shabby chic ebay shop.
You could feel the bullshit

Boqurant
PerniciousKnid wrote:It would be nice know the details on the WARP contract - but I assume that’s still a private corporate document and not public information.

That said - pure speculation - but I would imagine as with all legally binding documents there would be specific language of the type of agreement, right!?

Something like this sounds most logical and (probably most traditional) ....this contract holds _____ to five (5) records of new material under WARP.

Something less logical: ....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) box set.

....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) rerelease.

Who the hell knows - pure speculation but trying to think logically from the WARP perspective on this one.

The best deal for WARP would be - we pay these guys - we deal with their timetable - we only ask for 5 albums of new music.

Thoughts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re interested in what’s in a recording contract, Kanye West has been tweeting parts of his https://twitter.com/kanyewest?s=21

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Nah, fuck that lazer engraved bolsa wood vibe. It does not give off the right vibe. It looks too trinket box for a shabby chic ebay shop.

Haha, like BOC themselves said, "hippie shite" :lol:

Still would take a bocset in any box as long as it's not covered in shit haha

Dayvan Cowboy
Drumshalloch wrote:
Echelon wrote:

And ... PIL had a nice round Metal Box ... so sure BoC could have a nice hexagonal shaped wooden box!

Either that or a crate so it would look like rations for our own Tomorrow's Harvest style bunkers :wink:

New Seed
Ha, yeah ... and nice and easily broken down for firewood ...

Eagle Minded
Nothing like the smell of burning the only copies of All Lights Fucked.....

Boqurant
If BoC released anything like that, it would be a stylish, thought out, well made set. Something you could put on your shelf and people will ask you about it because it's that cool kinda thing. They know what the fans want, not some bullshit cigar box.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada