GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:They know what the fans want, not some bullshit cigar box.

I understand where you're coming from, but you do phrase it very abrasively.

Personally, I just want a simple cozy engraved box that won't distract me while I listen to music I've wanted to hear for so many years. The music to me is the main thing and it always will be. :D
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:

Personally, I just want a simple cozy engraved box that won't distract me while I listen to music I've wanted to hear for so many years. The music to me is the main thing and it always will be. :D

Yeah for sure, I guess I was a little harsh... Like, in concept, it's the same thing but I think the words "shabby chic" to describe that other LP set were pretty accurate.

Did not mean to sound like an asshole, lol.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Yeah for sure, I guess I was a little harsh... Like, in concept, it's the same thing but I think the words "shabby chic" to describe that other LP set were pretty accurate.

Did not mean to sound like an asshole, lol.

Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

I agree fully that if BOC went for the same rural, wooden box approach it would be far classier because their art always matches the music perfectly. But at the end of the day, music will always come first for me.

Also to end it on a good note here is an interesting quote from MDG when the bocset was first mentioned:

The tracks are out there now, nothing can be done about that, they've been circulating for a while and fans have them, so the decision was taken to at least consider tidying them up and repackaging them with decent exclusive artwork & more rarities

Note the mention of exclusive artwork. I'd be so stoked if the BOC version of the plaque was a tease for the art direction they're using. I like that concept. It's very pagan, like Soul Slip said :D

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

I agree fully that if BOC went for the same rural, wooden box approach it would be far classier because their art always matches the music perfectly. But at the end of the day, music will always come first for me.

Also to end it on a good note here is an interesting quote from MDG when the bocset was first mentioned:

The tracks are out there now, nothing can be done about that, they've been circulating for a while and fans have them, so the decision was taken to at least consider tidying them up and repackaging them with decent exclusive artwork & more rarities

Note the mention of exclusive artwork. I'd be so stoked if the BOC version of the plaque was a tease for the art direction they're using. I like that concept. It's very pagan, like Soul Slip said :D

Yeah man I totally get where you were coming from, and I agree, the music comes first. Without a doubt.

On the other hand, imagine a special edition box-set designed by the band and Warp. Imagine TWO Box Sets. What if it's a dope re-release of MHTRTC - TH LP's with special packaging AND finally release some of their old tunes on a 4 or 5 LP set with it's own packaging.

Personally, BoC merch is also something that I'm about. My collection isn't super extensive, I have everything that I can get on wax but I don't have any super rare BoC stuff. I want something cool without spending $500-$2000 on a poster or kaleidoscope lol.

I mean, I can definitely see the Pioneer Plaque being part of the future of their art direction, or at least a kind of hint into the aesthetic of either a BoCset or even a new album. Hell maybe it's both; pointing toward the future and past of the band.
Either way, I'm ready for whatever is next!
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

Yeah man I totally get where you were coming from, and I agree, the music comes first. Without a doubt.

On the other hand, imagine a special edition box-set designed by the band and Warp. Imagine TWO Box Sets. What if it's a dope re-release of MHTRTC - TH LP's with special packaging AND finally release some of their old tunes on a 4 or 5 LP set with it's own packaging.

Personally, BoC merch is also something that I'm about. My collection isn't super extensive, I have everything that I can get on wax but I don't have any super rare BoC stuff. I want something cool without spending $500-$2000 on a poster or kaleidoscope lol.

I mean, I can definitely see the Pioneer Plaque being part of the future of their art direction, or at least a kind of hint into the aesthetic of either a BoCset or even a new album. Hell maybe it's both; pointing toward the future and past of the band.
Either way, I'm ready for whatever is next!

That's the one thing that intrigues me about the artwork. It's very much "the past inside the present!" which is what a boxset would be.

I really would appreciate legacy editions of all their albums (done in a cooler way than simply slapping deluxe edition on it, like classic rock albums) with some hand chosen outtakes from each era. I know their albums front to back so I think the greatest novelty would be hearing long lost cousins to all the classics tracks from Music through Harvest.

I feel out of all the artists who capitalize on their unreleased music through boxsets and legacy editions, they're one of the few bands that would actually be worth the investment if we go by what they say in interviews.

Some more interesting quotes about it:

There are hundreds of tracks for every year from say 1986 through to 1995, and then for every record BOC have released there are a mountain of tracks that didn't make it onto the record. So the time involved is the only issue from what I understand. There's been regular debate across here about what goes on them and in what order etc. But if you can be patient, these tracks will come out, and a whole lot you won't have heard yet too

It seems there's a good chance that some of the older work (and the side-project work) will now get a release in some form, maybe in installments.

I think the most interesting part of the second quote is the mention of "installments." That supports your giant reissue campaign idea.

But regardless, I guess we'll see what this banner means in the long run :)

Dayvan Cowboy
It seems silly that us as BoC fans would be so intrigued by them changing just a banner on YouTube. I was around when the black box appeared on their website, and that did turn out to be something. It took a while for it to happen, to be sure. But it did happen, albeit several years later. BoC just doesn't communicate with their fans in a traditional way. It's kinda cool, if you think about it. Sometimes it feels like we are the ARG itself.

Friendly Stranger
Not sure if you guys still interested in some more hoax/bigdimitri18 bullshit, but the guy just posted a video titled "amks.live" on Sep 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6trRONkRM

Now, I'm not sure if this worth speculating or not, but it's still great song nonetheless.

Boqurant
Anyone also remember that they had planned to release coffee table books around Geogaddi if I recall correctly, as well as, 8mm film?

I wonder if we will ever see other artistic stuff from the Hexagon Sun Collective - BoC photography and movies could be just as magical as their music.

Posts Quantity
stomcode wrote:Not sure if you guys still interested in some more hoax/bigdimitri18 bullshit, but the guy just posted a video titled "amks.live" on Sep 15.

Now, I'm not sure if this worth speculating or not, but it's still great song nonetheless.

Thanx, I think this could be some real new BOC... hopeful, similar production to TH, like a resurrection bak to life, I don't know... why/how would someone write this trak in a day? I like it, a real BOC vibe... if this is the new BOC mood, I take it, I understand it... :}

Eagle Minded
Can someone catch me up on the bigdimitri18 thing? I see the acount was made in 2015... I dont at all see how the account could be BoC, where was it found?

I havent heard the uploaded track yet, ill check it out soon, it would pre pretty easy to fake the amks.live thing seeing as no one was around to witness it. Idk, I imagine if it was BoC they would have said more.

New Seed
Whoever that amks.live track is, it's a cool tune. Has vibes of Aim and Native Force.

Sherbet Head
That vid is the most un BoC I have heard, might as well be Tycho. And if for any reason it turns out to be BoC, i'll not buy the album haha. They lost their magic. (it's not of course)
Why don't you shazzam it and see what comes up. The last vid Jimmy posted was Brainwaltzera so this is some other artist he posted to shake a few of you up. Fair one BigJimmy, keep the vibe alive, the baton is gladly passed.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
stomcode wrote:Not sure if you guys still interested in some more hoax/bigdimitri18 bullshit, but the guy just posted a video titled "amks.live" on Sep 15.

not a bad track. but definitely not BoC... who ever made it though did a pretty fair job, just not in regards to sounding “BoC”. i hope everyone here knows this isn’t BoC and that this wasn’t actually taken from an amsk.live stream...
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
It sort of baffles me how nobody has been able to record and upload this live stream. Perhaps SKAM was taking them down.

Posts Quantity
demo wrote:Can someone catch me up on the bigdimitri18 thing? I see the acount was made in 2015... I dont at all see how the account could be BoC, where was it found?

I havent heard the uploaded track yet, ill check it out soon, it would pre pretty easy to fake the amks.live thing seeing as no one was around to witness it. Idk, I imagine if it was BoC they would have said more.
Check out my past posts if you want the rundown, as I was following Bigjimmy12, Bigjesse13, Bigdimitri18.

I stopped posting - because there was a separate conversation going in here that [the three back to back] hoaxes didn’t belong here - and were clogging the feed - from the real Hell Interface YT / BoC IG activity - which I 100% agree with.

Last communication was with Bigjesse13 on the “IG Clap video”. But stopped trying to figure it out.

He doesn’t seem interested in dropping hints or revealing the hoax.

99% sure it’s someone in here though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
Moz wrote:It sort of baffles me how nobody has been able to record and upload this live stream. Perhaps SKAM was taking them down.

This might just be unnecessary worrying but what if BOC actually does perform live over it and people miss out on it?

They did say they wanted to do something special for their next live performance, (Or at least back in 2013 they did.)

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Moz wrote:It sort of baffles me how nobody has been able to record and upload this live stream. Perhaps SKAM was taking them down.

This might just be unnecessary worrying but what if BOC actually does perform live over it and people miss out on it?

They did say they wanted to do something special for their next live performance, (Or at least back in 2013 they did.)

I bet they play live all thee time, but only in nature where no one else is around, they just play unreleased music for the wildlife.

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Echelon wrote:

I bet they play live all thee time, but only in nature where no one else is around, they just play unreleased music for the wildlife.

If BOC play music in the forest and no one is around to hear them, do they make a sound? :lol:

New Seed
Crazed in-the-ether theory:

What if all the activity is part of something together? What if the recent hoaxes, BoC Hexagon sun documentary primer, Instagram updates, likes, HI aqua hexagon in hand is just part of the whole thing?

What if we *All are part of Hexagon Sun. And that's the point?

Maybe this is just what happens when I stumble on Google Analytics running in the background of twoism...

Oi vey. Grain of salt.
K is silent

Sherbet Head
Well, I didn't get the memo unless they have the power of divine intervention.
You could feel the bullshit

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada