GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
I think your enthusiasm is great bud. I mean, it’s literally hurting no one, and it’s entertaining from my end. Better than Twoism stagnation until something “real” happens. In other words, go nuts, because you may actually stumble across something, and wouldn’t that be super satisfying?

Eagle Minded
Don’t feel bad about loving the things you love. What’s life without a little obsession here and there. At the end of the day it’s two dudes making tunes :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:I think your enthusiasm is great bud. I mean, it’s literally hurting no one, and it’s entertaining from my end. Better than Twoism stagnation until something “real” happens. In other words, go nuts, because you may actually stumble across something, and wouldn’t that be super satisfying?

I appreciate these kinds words! Literally this is all I'm doing. For some reason I just think it's fun to see if I'm able to predict what's going to happen and when. Sometimes you hit a dumb, joke theory like the Opothecary one but I agree with what everyone said about it.

Thanks though. I needed to hear that :)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:tbh, the only reason i'm coming up with theories like that is because i'm excited and hopefully for the future. unlike the lot of you, I've never been around for an official release and for it to actually happen, that's huge for me. they are my favorite band. that's all.

that post about opothecary wasn't completely serious either and it was intended to point out (as a joke, I may add) that a lot of people are now doing what he was doing a few years ago. I don't care if he was being factious because it's become for a lot of people, something fun to do in the community.

but honestly, I think i'm just going to keep to myself now until something concrete drops. I think my enthusiasm is getting read as fantacism or delusion so I'd rather not dig myself deeper and just wait we have further reason to be happy. just know that I am neither a fanatic or a crazy, just someone who loves music and has had a lot of great memories listening to boards.

so yeah, peace til the boc transmission :)

Man, I feel you. I've been a BoC fan since TCH. I was obviously stoked for TH but I wasn't invested in the ARG, just a lot going on in my life at the time. Looking back, I regret not spending a little time looking into it. I found out they premiered TH at Lake Dolores Waterpark, I was super bummed out about it too because it's only like a few hours from where I live. If I had known, I would have been there. So, I refuse to make that mistake again. Who knows when that opportunity will present itself again you know?

I guess that's what brought me to Twoism in the first place, I'm want to be in the know from now on. Cause I ain't missing another chance to see them live.

I encourage your enthusiasm about theories and hype surrounding a new release my dude, it's a good time to be a BoC fan and it's fun to be a part of this community after just being a passive observer for almost 15 years lol.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:tbh, the only reason i'm coming up with theories like that is because i'm excited and hopefully for the future. unlike the lot of you, I've never been around for an official release and for it to actually happen, that's huge for me. they are my favorite band. that's all.

that post about opothecary wasn't completely serious either and it was intended to point out (as a joke, I may add) that a lot of people are now doing what he was doing a few years ago. I don't care if he was being factious because it's become for a lot of people, something fun to do in the community.

but honestly, I think i'm just going to keep to myself now until something concrete drops. I think my enthusiasm is getting read as fantacism or delusion so I'd rather not dig myself deeper and just wait we have further reason to be happy. just know that I am neither a fanatic or a crazy, just someone who loves music and has had a lot of great memories listening to boards.

so yeah, peace til the boc transmission :)

Man, I feel you. I've been a BoC fan since TCH. I was obviously stoked for TH but I wasn't invested in the ARG, just a lot going on in my life at the time. Looking back, I regret not spending a little time looking into it. I found out they premiered TH at Lake Dolores Waterpark, I was super bummed out about it too because it's only like a few hours from where I live. If I had known, I would have been there. So, I refuse to make that mistake again. Who knows when that opportunity will present itself again you know?

I guess that's what brought me to Twoism in the first place, I'm want to be in the know from now on. Cause I ain't missing another chance to see them live.

I encourage your enthusiasm about theories and hype surrounding a new release my dude, it's a good time to be a BoC fan and it's fun to be a part of this community after just being a passive observer for almost 15 years lol.

I became a serious fan in 2016 right after the two remixes but then I stopped going on the website in 2017 because I figured nothing was happening and I missed the release and hype of Sometimes! So I've never been there for anything that dropped other than Societas and the banner even if I've been a fan since for 4 years now!

This definitely doesn't compare to missing out on the TH arg which I feel was a love letter to the fans and probably reflects a lot of goodwill on the part of Warp and the band. Even for a pessimistic album, you could tell they really used the love everyone still had towards the band to launch a successful ARG.

Thank you, you and Navaru for the encouragement! I think because of you two I'll just tone it down but still drop in if I ever think of anything really good.

I also have a feeling...just a feeling that they will perform live again. They said in 2013 if they were to perform live again, it would be under special circumstances. In 2020, those circumstances are presenting themselves with how people are more glued to their computers than ever. I feel they might do some kind of cryptic broadcast at some point. It'll be a really good day if something like that happens :)

Dayvan Cowboy
Oh man a "cryptic broadcast" would be so fucking on point!

I really do think we will be getting new musics soon. I can't help but think that the new banner is 2020's version of the black box.

I enjoy your posts, Ech. Keep posting.

Dayvan Cowboy
dp wrote:Oh man a "cryptic broadcast" would be so fucking on point!

I really do think we will be getting new musics soon. I can't help but think that the new banner is 2020's version of the black box.

I enjoy your posts, Ech. Keep posting.

I was almost thinking Societas could've been a dry run for them. I can imagine them doing another radio show similar to it but with their own music.

For someone who came almost after the black box, what exactly was it? And was it ever disputed by MDG?

And thanks, I appreciate it! I'm happy some don't think I'm just adding white noise to the thread :D

Dayvan Cowboy
If I remember correctly, one day a black box appeared in the discography section of their old official website. This was in 2011 or 2012, I think. We all assumed it was a placeholder for the new release.

dp wrote:If I remember correctly, one day a black box appeared in the discography section of their old official website. This was in 2011 or 2012, I think. We all assumed it was a placeholder for the new release.

1st March 2011. Every time I wince at you scamps getting excited about YouTube banners or whatever I remind myself that, not all that long ago, it was me getting excited before I became tired and jaded ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7862&hilit=Black

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
I had a dream last night that BoC sent me a cassette release of a old tunes compilation for new release for my birthday. It was to be leaked to everyone through Catherine Fells YT. They put a note inside the tape to turn on the TV and watch the kids channel as they had curated that mornings shows and were giving me instruction in secret through the TV. I was annoyed because I had to go to school and was trying to stay home and watch it. Seems I had regressed 30 years or so but was still my physical adult self.
The programmes were old 70s/80s shows I remember but had even more trippy twists. Then I had to listen to the tape alone.
Felt crazy being in on the ARG, kind of how kids would have felt going on Jim'll Fix it but without the paedophilia. :0
Anyway, there were loads of details I tried to remember but they are fading away quickly.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:
dp wrote:If I remember correctly, one day a black box appeared in the discography section of their old official website. This was in 2011 or 2012, I think. We all assumed it was a placeholder for the new release.

1st March 2011. Every time I wince at you scamps getting excited about YouTube banners or whatever I remind myself that, not all that long ago, it was me getting excited before I became tired and jaded ;-)

Wow read that thread and everyone's reactions mirror the ones to the banner! Welp, just two more years until a new release haha

Sherbet Head
Weird reading that again. I was only a lurker then, I joined at the start of the actual TH hype and you guessed it, to play around with a fake.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
I hate to ask this but can someone catch me up on the banner drama? Tried to find where it started in this thread but gave up. I've been in the process of moving irl and clearly missed something lol

Eagle Minded
I was a lurker on Twoism during the "black box days". There was nothing aside from the box to show up and it carried this forum for how long with wild speculations at that point? No social media likes, no videos being posted, no Tomorrow's Harvest ARG with comments made about "how much has been hidden" in that album...a completely unannounced black box drove this place wild for years.

You don't want to read people's wild brain dumps for crazy things like tweets or likes? Unfollow this post would be my recommendation. It's not like you didn't have 600+ pages to figure out the wildness that this particular thread brings out in people who are just trying to enjoy themselves and have some fun.
There are a lot of different 'me's, you know. There's the mad me, when I get angry.

Eagle Minded
Mexicola wrote:

Absolutely wild that this was nearly a decade ago ... been a BoC fanatic since my life was changed by seeing the fan-made "Everything You Do is a Balloon" video on YouTube as a sophomore in high school, which was eleven years ago ... been back on a BoC kick recently and am recognizing just how much time has passed with them in my life. Enough time to hear their music anew again.

It's fun aging and experiencing new releases as a "different person" (e.g.: Tomorrow's Harvest came out five days before my birthday when I was in my sophomore year of college ... I've changed radically as a person since then). What would it be like to experience a brand new BoC release in my late twenties as opposed to my early twenties? I hope I find out soon. (I'll even take early thirties [or early forties {or early fifties ((AKA "plz BoC"))}].)
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Dayvan Cowboy
Mexicola wrote:

wowo, this is amazing. It's almost identical to this thread then and now, hilarious

2011-11-11 release date

lol

Dayvan Cowboy
Pleasantly surprised to see I was just posting memes in there :lol:

Dayvan Cowboy
drixlin wrote:I was a lurker on Twoism during the "black box days". There was nothing aside from the box to show up and it carried this forum for how long with wild speculations at that point? No social media likes, no videos being posted, no Tomorrow's Harvest ARG with comments made about "how much has been hidden" in that album...a completely unannounced black box drove this place wild for years.

When you put it this way, you realize that they're spoiling us now! :lol: BOC and Warp could have left us far more in the dark if they wanted to.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
drixlin wrote:I was a lurker on Twoism during the "black box days". There was nothing aside from the box to show up and it carried this forum for how long with wild speculations at that point? No social media likes, no videos being posted, no Tomorrow's Harvest ARG with comments made about "how much has been hidden" in that album...a completely unannounced black box drove this place wild for years.

When you put it this way, you realize that they're spoiling us now! :lol: BOC and Warp could have left us far more in the dark if they wanted to.

That's why when everyone is like, "it's just a banner change, meh..." I kinda laugh inside. Even though I wasn't posting back then, I remember that whole black-box debacle and now it's like they're giving us a trail of candy to follow. It's pretty hilarious tbh.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Eagle Minded
Ya, they realize the time is right I’m sure. Maybe it was supposed to take a bit longer, but the episode of the twilight zone that 2020 has become maybe kicked it into gear.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada