GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Sherbet Head
Fuck it!, give us both! gimme gimme.
While I don't think we'll get the old shit and I think we already have most of them, or versions of most of them, i'm more than happy to be proven wrong. I am just hungry for new stuff, current ideas.
As far as the banner, it's probably just a hello from BoC via the only YT channel they control, A new one setup would look fake, we all know the HI one is legit. The hexagon means it is BoC that is saying hello not HI.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
bungler666 wrote:I would definitely love a nice wooden box with the hexagon plaque containing 5+ lps of old tunes...

Would seriously dig a BOC version of this. I just don't know if BOC would take their cues from the grateful dead haha I remember them calling Geogaddi psychedelic but not "hippie shite" :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Posts Quantity
It would be nice know the details on the WARP contract - but I assume that’s still a private corporate document and not public information.

That said - pure speculation - but I would imagine as with all legally binding documents there would be specific language of the type of agreement, right!?

Something like this sounds most logical and (probably most traditional) ....this contract holds _____ to five (5) records of new material under WARP.

Something less logical: ....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) box set.

....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) rerelease.

Who the hell knows - pure speculation but trying to think logically from the WARP perspective on this one.

The best deal for WARP would be - we pay these guys - we deal with their timetable - we only ask for 5 albums of new music.

Thoughts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Seed
Echelon wrote:
bungler666 wrote:I would definitely love a nice wooden box with the hexagon plaque containing 5+ lps of old tunes...

Would seriously dig a BOC version of this. I just don't know if BOC would take their cues from the grateful dead haha I remember them calling Geogaddi psychedelic but not "hippie shite" :lol:

And ... PIL had a nice round Metal Box ... so sure BoC could have a nice hexagonal shaped wooden box!

Sherbet Head
Nah, fuck that lazer engraved bolsa wood vibe. It does not give off the right vibe. It looks too trinket box for a shabby chic ebay shop.
You could feel the bullshit

Boqurant
PerniciousKnid wrote:It would be nice know the details on the WARP contract - but I assume that’s still a private corporate document and not public information.

That said - pure speculation - but I would imagine as with all legally binding documents there would be specific language of the type of agreement, right!?

Something like this sounds most logical and (probably most traditional) ....this contract holds _____ to five (5) records of new material under WARP.

Something less logical: ....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) box set.

....this contract holds _____ to (4) records of new material and one (1) rerelease.

Who the hell knows - pure speculation but trying to think logically from the WARP perspective on this one.

The best deal for WARP would be - we pay these guys - we deal with their timetable - we only ask for 5 albums of new music.

Thoughts!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re interested in what’s in a recording contract, Kanye West has been tweeting parts of his https://twitter.com/kanyewest?s=21

Dayvan Cowboy
Geogandhi wrote:Nah, fuck that lazer engraved bolsa wood vibe. It does not give off the right vibe. It looks too trinket box for a shabby chic ebay shop.

Haha, like BOC themselves said, "hippie shite" :lol:

Still would take a bocset in any box as long as it's not covered in shit haha

Dayvan Cowboy
Drumshalloch wrote:
Echelon wrote:

And ... PIL had a nice round Metal Box ... so sure BoC could have a nice hexagonal shaped wooden box!

Either that or a crate so it would look like rations for our own Tomorrow's Harvest style bunkers :wink:

New Seed
Ha, yeah ... and nice and easily broken down for firewood ...

Eagle Minded
Nothing like the smell of burning the only copies of All Lights Fucked.....

Boqurant
If BoC released anything like that, it would be a stylish, thought out, well made set. Something you could put on your shelf and people will ask you about it because it's that cool kinda thing. They know what the fans want, not some bullshit cigar box.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:They know what the fans want, not some bullshit cigar box.

I understand where you're coming from, but you do phrase it very abrasively.

Personally, I just want a simple cozy engraved box that won't distract me while I listen to music I've wanted to hear for so many years. The music to me is the main thing and it always will be. :D

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:

Personally, I just want a simple cozy engraved box that won't distract me while I listen to music I've wanted to hear for so many years. The music to me is the main thing and it always will be. :D

Yeah for sure, I guess I was a little harsh... Like, in concept, it's the same thing but I think the words "shabby chic" to describe that other LP set were pretty accurate.

Did not mean to sound like an asshole, lol.

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Yeah for sure, I guess I was a little harsh... Like, in concept, it's the same thing but I think the words "shabby chic" to describe that other LP set were pretty accurate.

Did not mean to sound like an asshole, lol.

Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

I agree fully that if BOC went for the same rural, wooden box approach it would be far classier because their art always matches the music perfectly. But at the end of the day, music will always come first for me.

Also to end it on a good note here is an interesting quote from MDG when the bocset was first mentioned:

The tracks are out there now, nothing can be done about that, they've been circulating for a while and fans have them, so the decision was taken to at least consider tidying them up and repackaging them with decent exclusive artwork & more rarities

Note the mention of exclusive artwork. I'd be so stoked if the BOC version of the plaque was a tease for the art direction they're using. I like that concept. It's very pagan, like Soul Slip said :D

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

I agree fully that if BOC went for the same rural, wooden box approach it would be far classier because their art always matches the music perfectly. But at the end of the day, music will always come first for me.

Also to end it on a good note here is an interesting quote from MDG when the bocset was first mentioned:

The tracks are out there now, nothing can be done about that, they've been circulating for a while and fans have them, so the decision was taken to at least consider tidying them up and repackaging them with decent exclusive artwork & more rarities

Note the mention of exclusive artwork. I'd be so stoked if the BOC version of the plaque was a tease for the art direction they're using. I like that concept. It's very pagan, like Soul Slip said :D

Yeah man I totally get where you were coming from, and I agree, the music comes first. Without a doubt.

On the other hand, imagine a special edition box-set designed by the band and Warp. Imagine TWO Box Sets. What if it's a dope re-release of MHTRTC - TH LP's with special packaging AND finally release some of their old tunes on a 4 or 5 LP set with it's own packaging.

Personally, BoC merch is also something that I'm about. My collection isn't super extensive, I have everything that I can get on wax but I don't have any super rare BoC stuff. I want something cool without spending $500-$2000 on a poster or kaleidoscope lol.

I mean, I can definitely see the Pioneer Plaque being part of the future of their art direction, or at least a kind of hint into the aesthetic of either a BoCset or even a new album. Hell maybe it's both; pointing toward the future and past of the band.
Either way, I'm ready for whatever is next!

Dayvan Cowboy
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:Oh no problem at all, my friend. I get where you're coming from. It was literally the first example I thought of when Bungler started talking about a "wooden box set" so I posted it without thinking much into it. It's for a band legendary for both its shabbiness and drug use (hence the cigar box) so it fits a lot better for them than BOC.

Yeah man I totally get where you were coming from, and I agree, the music comes first. Without a doubt.

On the other hand, imagine a special edition box-set designed by the band and Warp. Imagine TWO Box Sets. What if it's a dope re-release of MHTRTC - TH LP's with special packaging AND finally release some of their old tunes on a 4 or 5 LP set with it's own packaging.

Personally, BoC merch is also something that I'm about. My collection isn't super extensive, I have everything that I can get on wax but I don't have any super rare BoC stuff. I want something cool without spending $500-$2000 on a poster or kaleidoscope lol.

I mean, I can definitely see the Pioneer Plaque being part of the future of their art direction, or at least a kind of hint into the aesthetic of either a BoCset or even a new album. Hell maybe it's both; pointing toward the future and past of the band.
Either way, I'm ready for whatever is next!

That's the one thing that intrigues me about the artwork. It's very much "the past inside the present!" which is what a boxset would be.

I really would appreciate legacy editions of all their albums (done in a cooler way than simply slapping deluxe edition on it, like classic rock albums) with some hand chosen outtakes from each era. I know their albums front to back so I think the greatest novelty would be hearing long lost cousins to all the classics tracks from Music through Harvest.

I feel out of all the artists who capitalize on their unreleased music through boxsets and legacy editions, they're one of the few bands that would actually be worth the investment if we go by what they say in interviews.

Some more interesting quotes about it:

There are hundreds of tracks for every year from say 1986 through to 1995, and then for every record BOC have released there are a mountain of tracks that didn't make it onto the record. So the time involved is the only issue from what I understand. There's been regular debate across here about what goes on them and in what order etc. But if you can be patient, these tracks will come out, and a whole lot you won't have heard yet too

It seems there's a good chance that some of the older work (and the side-project work) will now get a release in some form, maybe in installments.

I think the most interesting part of the second quote is the mention of "installments." That supports your giant reissue campaign idea.

But regardless, I guess we'll see what this banner means in the long run :)

Dayvan Cowboy
It seems silly that us as BoC fans would be so intrigued by them changing just a banner on YouTube. I was around when the black box appeared on their website, and that did turn out to be something. It took a while for it to happen, to be sure. But it did happen, albeit several years later. BoC just doesn't communicate with their fans in a traditional way. It's kinda cool, if you think about it. Sometimes it feels like we are the ARG itself.

Friendly Stranger
Not sure if you guys still interested in some more hoax/bigdimitri18 bullshit, but the guy just posted a video titled "amks.live" on Sep 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6trRONkRM

Now, I'm not sure if this worth speculating or not, but it's still great song nonetheless.

Boqurant
Anyone also remember that they had planned to release coffee table books around Geogaddi if I recall correctly, as well as, 8mm film?

I wonder if we will ever see other artistic stuff from the Hexagon Sun Collective - BoC photography and movies could be just as magical as their music.

Posts Quantity
stomcode wrote:Not sure if you guys still interested in some more hoax/bigdimitri18 bullshit, but the guy just posted a video titled "amks.live" on Sep 15.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE6trRONkRM

Now, I'm not sure if this worth speculating or not, but it's still great song nonetheless.

Thanx, I think this could be some real new BOC... hopeful, similar production to TH, like a resurrection bak to life, I don't know... why/how would someone write this trak in a day? I like it, a real BOC vibe... if this is the new BOC mood, I take it, I understand it... :}

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada