You most recent purchase? (In general, not just music)

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
It's probably what would save the world from lung cancer. And how do other countries react? They ban it!

Slow down...

Sherbet Head
Never been a fan of Gibsons personally but a new guitar always feels great, Props man!
You could feel the bullshit

20 years since I last indulged. Felt overdue.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Epiphones are really good value for money. Love that finish as well. Tobacco burst?
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Bourbon burst. The new Epiphone range is superb. Tried it in the store (albeit the ebony version) and it's incredible. Sounds monstrous, weighs about 6 tonne and plays like a dream. And for £499, as opposed to £2000-2600 for a Gibson, it's a no-brainer.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
The difference between Epiphone and Squier is night and day, but then most Fender models aren't anywhere near as expensive as Gibson. It's annoying because I would always go for a Fender over anything else.
Sagan: In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Basinski: I wanted Cascade to become this crystalline organism like a star or a liquid crystal spaceship, a jellyfish traveling through the galaxy…

Yeah, my Fender Tele is still as lovely thing. I learned on a Squier so I have a soft spot for them but they aren't Fender quality. These new Epiphones are a marked step up in quality compared with their older models. Excellent value.

Slow down...

Happy Cycler
Well isn't that just beautiful! I keep meaning to get my old Squier Strat out - I haven't touched it for years. I got it aged 17 with great ambitions of being John Squire - I think I got vaguely close with a haircut, but that was about it.

Happy Cycler
I recently got a Squier Bullet Mustang as a lockdown modding project. A lot of the hardware needs upgrading but it's really fun to play and for £109 you can't really argue.

The aim is reach something similar to this:

Had no idea you guys played! Awesome! Fugee, let me know how that modding goes. Those Bullets are meant to be really great value.

Slow down...

Posts Quantity
Spent the last decade making music in the PC and Ableton and VST’s - last year decided to go out of the box and into Eurorack and Elektron. Got a few more pieces of gear not pictured but this is where I find peace.

You can find my music under Pernicious Knid and music videos on YT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts Quantity
Any Elektronauts out there using the Analog 4 mkII or Analog Rhtm mkII? Thinking about moving up from the Digitakt and M:Samples...

Sherbet Head
Really rad setup man. You got a better pic of your modules?

Posts Quantity
Geogandhi wrote:Really rad setup man. You got a better pic of your modules?

Most recent purchase was the Nonlinearcircuits Triple Sloth. Super awesome dude down there in Australia making some really radical modules. Got a 2HP gap left to fill then this system is done.

Going to start a 2 x104HP skiff for percussion stuff next - then I’ll be “done” with adding to eurorack- lol

I’ve been reading your older posts and you seem like an Elektron user, you still have the Elektron MD!? Let’s talk! Oh... and let’s see some of that Catherine Fell gear on your end ;)

Sherbet Head
Ah, that was the one I was intrigued about, the Sloth thingy, sounds cool.

Yeah, I still use the MD all the time, it's probably my all time favourite drum machine/sampler.
This is the cockpit part of the studio and some guits but I don't have a pic of the rest with the R2R and tape machines on hand.

How did you upload your pics, I thought you could just drag and drop in here.

Sherbet Head

Posts Quantity
Yeah dude, that place looks inspiring! I hope to be there at one point! I’m thinking you might have a few years on me [I’m in my early 30’s].

For me - the most fulfilling part of all this is the knowledge gained from learning about all this technology new and old.

The music I make is just a byproduct of acquiring new knowledge. Each track or project is an exploration of a new realm of research.

Modular (and Max MSP) have taught me a lot and led me to studying classical logic at the moment - I find it really inspiring right now.

I mostly built my modular system over the past two years with the idea of creating generative ambient soundscapes.

Your sending everything into Logic or Ableton?

Better shot of your modular rig when you get the chance?

Super sweet setup friend!

Sherbet Head
Yeah, i'm a bit older, took me a while to find the stuff that really does it for me. Most of it I have just been really lucky to find and it's my only vice really so i'm able to to save here and there.
Everything is usually jammed and goes into logic via the desk for minor editing and arranging. I try to be on the computer as little as possible but it is a blessing to be able to easily edit something so I wouldn't go back to hard disk recorders. It's a fun room and i'm really lucky to be able to have made it happen. Does not make my music any better for it though haha.

Boqurant
..and the modular folks have revealed themselves on twoism. My people!

This is a fresh photo from today. I've not used it much lately as I've been mixing a large project and not been recording anything new.

To keep to the topic the last thing I bought was the Make Noise 0-Control. Lower right. The first new gear I've gotten for more than a year. Sadly I haven't had much chance to use it yet - due to all the 'in the box' work.
+++++++++++++++++++++
bandcamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Playground