GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Posts Quantity
Roswell wrote:
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

"pls interact if we can expect new music in the future..." :mrgreen:
sooner than later hopefully.

293 likes. 2+9+3=14=1+4=5 maybe maybe

Eagle Minded
It’s your choice

Sherbet Head
5? for what reason? you're just making up sums now man ;)
You could feel the bullshit

Posts Quantity
People still playing the numbers game lol, that stuff got lame back when Opothecary was still on here, he also did it way better. But carry on, i guess

Dayvan Cowboy
Don't you realize Opothecary was onto something? Hex Sun saw he was close to cracking the code and made some arrangements for him to be in their next wickerman festival. ;)
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
In the last part of the amks.live stream today there was a little folky song about rainbows, and a video in black and white of some wind turbine towers that switched perspectives and seemed to get kaleidoscopic. Probably nothing, but worth mentioning.

Dayvan Cowboy
Navaru wrote:In the last part of the amks.live stream today there was a little folky song about rainbows, and a video in black and white of some wind turbine towers that switched perspectives and seemed to get kaleidoscopic. Probably nothing, but worth mentioning.

I really hope somebody recorded this. Just because I remember listening to a few hours of it and I don't remember hearing anything folky at all on it. All Hip-hop and IDM music.

Then again, I have a feeling that an employee at Skam suggested that an easy way to get more viewers for their broadcast is to include things that are tangibly related to BOC. He of course is a genius because people like me will go down every rabbit hole. I have no regrets! :lol:

Eagle Minded
We're all mad here... :lol:

Eagle Minded
What I do is check back every segment change, and for the last 10 minutes. Midnight London time is when the interesting stuff starts.

Eagle Minded
Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:Image
Here’s a couple stills I grabbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i hate to be that guy... but i mean... like, just look at those stills... it really does scream BoC imo, but why on amks... and i mean i feel like they would’ve at least led us there if they had planned on doing something. but nonetheless, that really does look a lot like something they would do. just trying to connect the dots. ig anyone could just put a kaleidoscope effect on anything and it would look BoC-like
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
That first one looks like Geogaddi in Space haha

Boqurant

Eagle Minded
debugDolores wrote:https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

oh man my favorite artist ??????? with his newest release ???? (???????).

also love that pfp

Sherbet Head

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

Friendly Stranger

Now that's something to look out for.

Eagle Minded
The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

Okay. Even cynical me is thinking this could actually be something to get worked up about.

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.

??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Good change that it's hinting towards that rumoured 2nd ae albums which will have a similar 4 letter title like SIGN, maybe we are getting this 2nd ae album sooner than we think

Eagle Minded
demo wrote:The fact that Aphex Twin is just doing a reissue makes me think that ????? isn't a new Aphex Twin album. If Warp want to go big, which that's what it sounds like, the next big name artist on that list that isnt Autechre or Oneohtrix is.... well.... BoC.

As far as I am aware, Warp dont tease albums like this, as in "?????? coming soon". If they want to hype up a fan base, I have a feeling the BoC fans are the only ones who will look at ????? and think "maybe?", there's no other artist other than Aphex Twin on Warp that I think would get worked up over some question marks. I'd hope that Warp know this.

Josh wrote:

That's because this comes straight from the source, it isn't some fake ARG crap, this is real.

My only other theory is "??????? - ????" has the same amount of characters as "autechre - SIGN", and we know we are getting TWO albums from autechre.
:twisted:
??????? - ????
autechre - ????

Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

Eagle Minded
Roswell wrote:
Autechre - SIGN (Remixed) :,(

also we’re getting 2 Autechre records in 2020?

We already knew we where getting 2 ae albums, and yeah Sean from autechre said that both would be released sooner than later. Someone rumoured ages ago that the next albums from them would be orange and green, they where correct about orange so the green albums is coming. I find this very similar to what they did in the past with Oversteps and Move of Ten, both released in the same year, and also used orange and green on the vinyl editions.

Autechre - WAVE as a possible title, that's kind of where my train of thought is at.

Eagle Minded
wait a damn minute. there are only 7 Question marks. Autechre is 8 letters.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada