GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote:
Have you though about what the significance of this circle is? ROYGBIV. The Warp purple takes up 1/3 of the circle. And the blue dot is right before turquoise. That metal (vinyl press?) thing might represent the end of the year, like, we are close to something big.

Happy Cycling did make an interesting suggestion that it could be a definitive BOC repress collection. I see they're doing an AFX repress with bonus tracks so maybe we're going to see some BOC reissues with bonus tracks?

I'm down. We did get the clearance for XYZ last year so maybe there's been a few more tracks freed up to be attached as bonus tracks!

Hey, maybe that's to tide us over until next year's album!
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

New Seed
I bet they are preparing to drop a new album by the end of this year, new sounds and a new approach, and I'm sure they are also preparing an alternate reality game to promote the release of their next studio album like they did for Tomorrow's Harvest (2013)!

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:
Have you though about what the significance of this circle is? ROYGBIV. The Warp purple takes up 1/3 of the circle. And the blue dot is right before turquoise. That metal (vinyl press?) thing might represent the end of the year, like, we are close to something big.

Happy Cycling did make an interesting suggestion that it could be a definitive BOC repress collection. I see they're doing an AFX repress with bonus tracks so maybe we're going to see some BOC reissues with bonus tracks?

I'm down. We did get the clearance for XYZ last year so maybe there's been a few more tracks freed up to be attached as bonus tracks!

Yeah, I think it's more likely that for now we'll get something like a BoCset, previously unreleased stuff, or some kind of repress collection. I'd bet we're still a year or two out from a new album. Again, like all BoC speculation I could be 100% off base.

On the topic of BoC/amks.live, I think it is unlikely Skam owns all the stuff that plays on the stream. It's so vague there wouldn't be a way to tell anyways. It's a free stream which seems to be purely for appreciation and artistic purposes. It's also aesthetically right up the BoC alley and super mysterious in nature. On the Warp side of things; the TH campaign had several outlets unrelated to Warp in it's promotion like Adult Swim. BoC still has older music on Skam's label and have been involved with them since the beginning of their career. So, it's not a stretch at all to think that BoC might be involved with amks.live. Saying that "They are exclusive to Warp" doesn't really mean anything to me imho.
------ / ------ / ------ / XXXXXX / ------ / ------

Friendly Stranger
happy_cycling wrote:
Echelon wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:

Yeah, I think it's more likely that for now we'll get something like a BoCset, previously unreleased stuff, or some kind of repress collection. I'd bet we're still a year or two out from a new album. Again, like all BoC speculation I could be 100% off base.

On the topic of BoC/amks.live, I think it is unlikely Skam owns all the stuff that plays on the stream. It's so vague there wouldn't be a way to tell anyways. It's a free stream which seems to be purely for appreciation and artistic purposes. It's also aesthetically right up the BoC alley and super mysterious in nature. On the Warp side of things; the TH campaign had several outlets unrelated to Warp in it's promotion like Adult Swim. BoC still has older music on Skam's label and have been involved with them since the beginning of their career. So, it's not a stretch at all to think that BoC might be involved with amks.live. Saying that "They are exclusive to Warp" doesn't really mean anything to me imho.
I would absolutely love to be proven wrong, but generally that’s just not how the music industry works. If they are under contract with Warp for another release or two, and they put one out every 7 years or so, Warp wouldn’t be happy about them cheating with their ex. Labels partnering with multi media platforms like Adult Swim is pretty common. Unless they released something under a “side project” like HI that’s under no contract obligations with another label...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sherbet Head
If Skam is involved in any way then it would not be related to BoC at all because of contracts, under normal circumstances of course, business' can do anything they like if they are friends. Under typical industry rule, they could release anything under Hell Interface though. Hell Interface banner suggested that they were saying Hi from BoC due to the nature of the art, green hexagon etc, so I'd say that we maybe won't see any HI.
I'd wage that Skam is teasing unofficially as what they are using are very generic BoCisms. Whether they are teasing with no knowledge of BoCs actual business and are just hyping the fans because we poked our noses out of hybernation or they are teasing with knowledge and permission from BoC, we don't know.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
Hmm, new Battles remix album: https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=11480

Do you think this is the mystery album? If so, I don't know why they'd hype it up as a mystery

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:Hmm, new Battles remix album: https://www.beatink.com/products/detail ... t_id=11480

Do you think this is the mystery album? If so, I don't know why they'd hype it up as a mystery

Let's be real, they didnt go crazy hyping it up as a mystery, they basially jut put up some question marks as a placeholder for whatever is next. Not to mention it's a japanese website, technically it's not even for us westerners.

Also, I dont think that's what it is, a remix album isnt going to br promoted as hard as something like SIGN or Magic... My money is still on it being a new Seefeel album.

Posts Quantity
I'd agree with Happy that this remix EP doesn't stack up with the other three LPs on the page. And the ??????? - ???? (???????) is still there--considering Battles is seven letters, I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote: I'm pretty glad that fourth square is still unknown!

I know. I was ready to pull a Hopekeeper! (And I mean that in all respect to him since his comment was definitely justified.) Kidding, but it should definitely serve as a warning for people like myself not to get so hyped up. Especially since there's been tons of let downs before.

Eagle Minded
The hype train is way more fun than the years of stagnancy train

Friendly Stranger
Navaru wrote:There was a new like on Twitter about new music.

Posts Quantity
Echelon wrote:

I know. I was ready to pull a Hopekeeper! (And I mean that in all respect to him since his comment was definitely justified.) Kidding, but it should definitely serve as a warning for people like myself not to get so hyped up. Especially since there's been tons of let downs before.

Thanx Echelon... I'm complaining about BOC liking "everyone's" new album tweets (for almost 5 years now) instead of interacting with us deep true fans in some way, something that slowly but progressively leads to something exciting...

Dayvan Cowboy
♄ope keeper wrote:
Echelon wrote:

Thanx Echelon... I'm complaining about BOC liking "everyone's" new album tweets (for almost 5 years now) instead of interacting with us deep true fans in some way, something that slowly but progressively leads to something exciting...

I'm hoping the same one day. One day hopefully.

Boqurant
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

Dayvan Cowboy
debugDolores wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

As soon as friends started sending me articles about Aphex Twin billboards showing up again, my mind quickly jumped to your line of thinking.

Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
debugDolores wrote:Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I don't think they will release a new album anytime in the next two years. I hope I'm wrong, but this just doesn't seem like the type of release strategy that BoC would go for. I think the HellInterface banner change was a way for them to "check in" and let us know that they're still alive and well. I do think that the next album will be space themed though.

As soon as friends started sending me articles about Aphex Twin billboards showing up again, my mind quickly jumped to your line of thinking.

Welp, see you guys at Warp 40 for our next semi-new track! Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

we still have the 20th IABPOITC anniversary on Nov. 27th :( But agree, with this aphex stuff popping up it’s clear he’s releasing something soon. Still not a 0% chance, but it’s certainly close.
no information at this moment in time

Friendly Stranger
Today is the last ever flight of the 747. 10 years since Seven Forty Seven was released in the Warp20 boxset. Fits the question marks.

Re-release of Seven Forty Seven with something else on B Side (5D, Echus)?

Eagle Minded
The AFX stuff seems truly just to be an advertisement for the Bass Station 2 update by Novation, AFX could release something small along these lines like "Korg Trax" or maybe even "Cheetah". But I am not expecting it to be a new AFX album just yet. "Korg Trax" was also not released through Warp.
"Label: Korg"

I believe BoC will release sometime within' the next year, they know fans are hungrier then they have probably ever been, I dont believe they want to starve us for another 2 years, I could be wrong, but with recent events I just dont see that happening.

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:Maybe we'll get an expanded Story of Xentrix :lol:

That would be sick tho.

Sherbet Head
demo wrote:The AFX stuff seems truly just to be an advertisement for the Bass Station 2 update by Novation, AFX could release something small along these lines like "Korg Trax" or maybe even "Cheetah". But I am not expecting it to be a new AFX album just yet. "Korg Trax" was also not released through Warp.
"Label: Korg"

The BS2 update has been out forever. Pretty sure this is something cooler.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada