GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
flyinthepool wrote:
Echelon wrote:Geoghandi, I was actually thinking. Something you should do is come up with a "space" BOC track at some point. A "tradition" in the BOC community is to make a fake tracks for a new album before it's released. Apparently Headphase had a whole fake album made for it.

Who knows, we might create some good vibes by doing this and the hypothetical album will come out sooner. XD

Also, BOC did have a space track. I think Split Your Infinities makes me think of a VHS video depicting the infinite vastness of space

I vote for Basefree as their most space-y song.

I would say, not spacey, but most alien BOC track for me is undoubtely Palace posy. But it is also not about travelling in that called space, but arriving on the alien planet. It is still feels rooted to the earth, even it is not ours. Maybe because BOC using technology or methods in their production, which are very fundamental and basic.

Btw, funnily my friend got an acid trip not so long ago. And that he would tell me, that he got that weird 3d decontruction of things, we see in our everyday life. for example, just look at that Marbloro pack in looks nothing special, but while he was tripping those simple desing simple starting to fall apart...Starting from your cigarette or beer label to the Lenin communist badge of honor...It is weird, because this is probably not what you expecting from the acid trip...

But this let me think about, most of our daily life is about all these consumer, political, social signs which basically keep us on the right path. Maybe that's why BOC are also using some of the old tv commercials, or even road signs in their music or art!
Maybe there's an ancient knolewdge which lets goverment and people above to control the population, which also is passed to the later generation of goverment, in a very strange way. People were building pyramids thousands years ago and falling in a war for a mother land.

Weirdly so, I think, that an ordinary Joe is probably realising that, but something keeps them at bay to not go futher with the knowledge, to change things. And this keeps from years to years.

Dayvan Cowboy
Also in no way I am promoting the use of psychedelics. Being sober is the best psychedelic.

Eagle Minded
I am also in no way promoting psychedelics but yes, someone who isn't me also noticed that brands and man-made objects without love (not art) seem to be static, or falling apart. And when you start looking into nature and art it becomes alive and multidimensional. Money is especially weird. A piece of paper with a value. I've heard this in a podcast, try burning it in an altered state and take notice how your body reacts. Sorry don't, it's illegal. :lol:

Eagle Minded
all this psychedelic talk makes me want to take a trip to the woods

Sherbet Head
Psychedelics are fine and actually can be very beneficial if approached correctly.
You could feel the bullshit

Dayvan Cowboy
I've always wondered if BOC had a bad trip between Trans Canada Highway and Tomorrow's Harvest, which made them take a very jaded view towards the world (and also made them less productive, at least in the public eye.) It's really the thing that explains their cold attitude in interviews versus the very heartwarming, personable ones in the Headphase era.

In 2016-2019, I was like "what's these guys problem?" but in 2020, I fully understand why they were the way they were. They were definitely ahead of their time.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Sherbet Head
Nah, I imagine they'd be fairly versed in that stuff and know what a bad trip means, and how it is pointless to let it affect you. For people who have done it more than a few times a bad trip is controllable or at least forgettable in the way that you can just put it down to what it is, because it's just in your head. Unless you do something stupid and take a dose that will overide all control, which is just stupidity. A bad trip would not change your outlook, it could inspire but i'd wage that if anytime they did have a bad trip, Gyroscope would be the track inspired from it. Not to say that a bad trip can't totally change people, they can, especially when inexperienced.
I'd put money on that TH was just a concept born from liking old horror, apocalyptic themed films and the fact that the state of the world is mirroring/hurtling towards many foretold sci fi concepts they probably felt it was an apt theme to touch on. Simple as that I reckon.

Sherbet Head
Also, just noticed, what happened on the 30th sept that made over 1000 people be online?
Beat the record in 2013 for TH arg. Or were we overun by bots for a moment?

Posts Quantity
September 30 - must have been international bots dropping psychedelics day - tripping bots expanding their diodes... did you see the binary tail on that peacock!?

Sherbet Head
arvy wrote:Also in no way I am promoting the use of psychedelics. Being sober is the best psychedelic.

Being sober is a trip in itself, but still I actually encourage the use of psychedelics anyway. Of course it's far from necessary in the end, but there is much to learn from these kind of experiences, about life, about You. It certainly accelerates the process of waking up.

Moz wrote:I am also in no way promoting psychedelics but yes, someone who isn't me also noticed that brands and man-made objects without love (not art) seem to be static, or falling apart. And when you start looking into nature and art it becomes alive and multidimensional. Money is especially weird. A piece of paper with a value. I've heard this in a podcast, try burning it in an altered state and take notice how your body reacts. Sorry don't, it's illegal. :lol:

Actually all physical objects are energy vibrating at a certain frequency. When you observe closely from silence you can see there is actually an aliveness to all objects. It's only your mental labels about the object that fall away and then you are only left with the object you think you knew through words and concepts, except you actually don't really know anything about it at all. All objects just exist, just like you exist. It's a beautiful mystery. You don't need to do psychedelics for that because you can do it sober, but initially it's far easier when tripping.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
It's weird but I generally use the thoughts and music other people have generated on drugs to fuel my own imagination about life. I've definitely learned a lot about life and where we are as a species through the interviews and art done by Boards of Canada. More than a lot of other artists actually.

I actually outlined earlier how each album reflected a different space (no pun intended) they were in life, and I think one of the reasons I crave a new album is to see how far they've come since 2013. Especially in this shithole year. It's always nice to hear and see what a bunch of "woken up" humans (versus woke, which is something totally different, of course) think about this present age. I have obviously drawn my own conclusions about this time, but BOC do it in a far more interesting and unique way.

Sherbet Head
Echelon wrote: I actually outlined earlier how each album reflected a different space (no pun intended) they were in life, and I think one of the reasons I crave a new album is to see how far they've come since 2013. Especially in this shithole year. It's always nice to hear and see what a bunch of "woken up" humans (versus woke, which is something totally different, of course) think about this present age. I have obviously drawn my own conclusions about this time, but BOC do it in a far more interesting and unique way.

Each of their albums have a specific theme and when reading interviews from around the time of each album release it is obvious that their music output is a reflection of at least a part of the mindset they had around that time period. Around TH the interviews had a bit of a nihilistic undertone for sure. For me personally there was quite a significant period where I subscribed to a very nihilistic worldview. I think this is actually part of waking up, like a part of the process, and I really think once people outgrow that phase something beautiful arises out of that.

This is why I have some expectation that the next album is going to be a whole lot more uplifting. And finally, despite all the things happening in the world right now, for some of us this year is actually been really great so far. It's a great time for learning that's for sure. Sow now and reap the benefits later, for Tomorrow's Harvest is gonna be a good one :)

Next spring would be the perfect time for a new encouraging BoC.
"What you are looking for, is where you are looking from."

Dayvan Cowboy
Gazebo4 wrote:
I think this is actually part of waking up, like a part of the process, and I really think once people outgrow that phase something beautiful arises out of that.

This is why I have some expectation that the next album is going to be a whole lot more uplifting. And finally, despite all the things happening in the world right now, for some of us this year is actually been really great so far. It's a great time for learning that's for sure. Sow now and reap the benefits later, for Tomorrow's Harvest is gonna be a good one :)

Beautiful way to put it how emotionally intelligent people grow out of nihilism and I think their Sometimes remix testifies to that. I don't think hardcore nihilists would make something so pure and life affirming. I do not think we're getting TH part 2 after this track, and even 2020 for that matter.

I have a theory that the mystery ??????? album will come out after the Aphex Twin reissue on 12/04. They just added a new banner for it on the release page: https://www.beatink.com/products/list.php?artist_id=4 so I think it will be the main focus for the time being.

However, wouldn't it be mind blowing if we closed the year with a new BOC album? It would be a good way to kick off the 2021 for sure. A big testament to say "We survived the real Tomorrow's Harvest!"

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
Gazebo4 wrote:
I think this is actually part of waking up, like a part of the process, and I really think once people outgrow that phase something beautiful arises out of that.

Beautiful way to put it how emotionally intelligent people grow out of nihilism and I think their Sometimes remix testifies to that. I don't think hardcore nihilists would make something so pure and life affirming. I do not think we're getting TH part 2 after this track, and even 2020 for that matter.

I have a theory that the mystery ??????? album will come out after the Aphex Twin reissue on 12/04. They just added a new banner for it on the release page: https://www.beatink.com/products/list.php?artist_id=4 so I think it will be the main focus for the time being.

However, wouldn't it be mind blowing if we closed the year with a new BOC album? It would be a good way to kick off the 2021 for sure. A big testament to say "We survived the real Tomorrow's Harvest!"

Well we know for certain now that the battles release wasn't it (obviously). I also think that if Aphex Twin is releasing something on the 20th other than the AFX Station then it might be self released.... although... now that I think about it, he is using a version of the collapse logo for the promo, so maybe if he is releasing music along side the hardware then maybe it would be released on Warp... It's hard to say, I guess we just need to wait for the 20th to find out.

Posts Quantity
We’ve seen some action from the BOC twitter (and on their Instagram since June 19) at least every two weeks. I wonder if there will be any more liking before 10/20/2020.

It’s definitely funny the AFX announcement is slated for a date many of us had in mind for their 70th tweet/5th Instagram post!

Eagle Minded
new twitter like for those who haven’t seen it.
no information at this moment in time

Dayvan Cowboy
Roswell wrote:new twitter like for those who haven’t seen it.

I feel they secretly got a Hex sun guy who watches this thread and whenever there's a lull (like today) they get BOC to like something and start up the speculation again. Pretty clever since it always generates buzz from us thirsty fans! :lol:

Posts Quantity
I just saw like 294! That like seems to have happened pretty late in the day for UK time. And this is the second time they have liked only one tweet (as opposed to the bundles we saw throughout the summer).

I think they’re just doing the likes every other week or so. They’ve been relatively consistent with the likes. It could be someone doing it for BOC, but they probably aren’t waiting for fans in twoism to remind them, I’d think!

Posts Quantity
Happy birthday, the last uplifting BOC album in 15 years...

Eagle Minded
Invert your screens color for spooky scares

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada