GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
Going back to some discussion on this last page about how 2020 has made us learn and understand many things about ourselves and our culture, I found this on BOC pages which literally describes that process: A quote of Georg Hegel's connects true wisdom of a culture with its impending destruction.

When philosophy paints its gloomy picture then a form of life has grown old. It cannot be rejuvenated by the gloomy picture, but only understood. Only when the dusk starts to fall does the owl of Minerva spread its wings and fly

Makes me wonder, now that we're all wiser than we once were, perhaps BOC will soon be ready to take us on the next step! If they release something soon, it will be excellent timing on their part.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
poopie poop

Eagle Minded
^^^ new album name confirmed

Eagle Minded
"New Boards of Canada album is coming soon" - Warp claims.
We don't know much about the album yet, except the album title "Poopie Poop".

An official spokesperson from Hexagon Sun describes the album as "brown-note toilet acid".
Fans have been eagerly awaiting a new album from the duo since 2013's "Tomorrow's Harvest".
Lead single "Stinky Poopy" is expected to drop on October 30th, coinciding with the new season of Adult Swim favourite "The Eric Andre Show", which Mike and Marcus have claimed numerous times to be huge fans of.

-Jared Gomes, NME Magazine.

Posts Quantity
New Mark Pritchard EP announced today—out November 13, roughly two weeks after OPN. They are sure packing in the releases! And the ? box on beatink is still there.

Dayvan Cowboy
writetomhatcher wrote: And the ? box on beatink is still there.

When I see the company of the ??????? box, (OPN, Aphex and Autechre) I definitely think it's something big. I feel truthfully, the only two bands who would really require a "mystery" announcement are Aphex and BOC. I'm leaning towards Aphex because of the billboards and the announcement in 7 days, but I wish so much it was BOC.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
adult swim posted a curious ditty on their IG, some retro screen that says “turn that smile upside down” with a nice jingle in the back.

Posts Quantity
Navaru wrote:adult swim posted a curious ditty on their IG, some retro screen that says “turn that smile upside down” with a nice jingle in the back.

dunno why but got reminded of The Devil Is In The Details
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Navaru wrote:adult swim posted a curious ditty on their IG, some retro screen that says “turn that smile upside down” with a nice jingle in the back.

That is a nice jingle. And it is BoC-esque.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Eagle Minded
they tweeted “Turn that smile upside down” on 8/5/18 but with no video. So i’m gonna say it’s just a really nice BoC-esque jingle :(

but, AS was involved with the TH arg and they did title that promo video “Look Sad Reel”
no information at this moment in time

Eagle Minded
If this is not BoC, I have no clue

Boqurant
It might be the new Com Truise album, In Decay Too, which was just announced today.

https://bleep.com/release/208082-com-tr ... -decay-too

In the press release it says:

"The sources of these tracks range from Soundcloud uploads to pieces made for Adult Swim’s Singles Club (‘Galactic Melt’)".

If it's anything like the original In Decay, it's still something to look forward too.

Eagle Minded
Knifeyspooney wrote:It might be the new Com Truise album, In Decay Too, which was just announced today.

https://bleep.com/release/208082-com-tr ... -decay-too

In the press release it says:

"The sources of these tracks range from Soundcloud uploads to pieces made for Adult Swim’s Singles Club (‘Galactic Melt’)".

If it's anything like the original In Decay, it's still something to look forward too.

Agree, sounds more like Com Truise when I really pay attention.

Eagle Minded
If it's Com Truise, then it's nice to finally get some progression, I get bored of that guys music very quickly but the thing AS posted sound really good! I also get lorn vibes, excited to see whatever it becomes, but... BoC does feel like a stretch, I hear the comparison, but... I'm not 100% convinced.

Eagle Minded
It could be Com Truise, but it has the weightiness of BoC. Would Adult Swim do something like this for CT?

Eagle Minded
Also, does this not sound like it could be analogous to Tomorrow's Harvest?

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:Also, does this not sound like it could be analogous to Tomorrow's Harvest?

For instance, listen to Gemini at the :44 second mark.

phpBB [media]

Sherbet Head
Yeah but BoC don't have a patent on synth sounds slathered in effects, so... could be anything or anyone.
You could feel the bullshit

Eagle Minded
Geogandhi wrote:Yeah but BoC don't have a patent on synth sounds slathered in effects, so... could be anything or anyone.

Sure, it could be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it sounds more like TH's than Com Truise.

Posts Quantity
I don't know what rarities of CT sound like, but that's peculiar. He's more synthwave, no? Doesn't fit the bill to me.

Wishful thinking I'm sure!

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada