GENERAL NEW RELEASE SPECULATION TOPIC

Everything related to our favorite Scottish duo.

Moderators: mdg, Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Eagle Minded
So are we all supposed to be cautiously anticipating an announcement in three days (on the 20th)?

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:So are we all supposed to be cautiously anticipating an announcement in three days (on the 20th)?

Yes, and after the 20th, I anticipate that we will be anticipating an announcement again.

Dayvan Cowboy
I'm really curious what their next album is going to be about

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:So are we all supposed to be cautiously anticipating an announcement in three days (on the 20th)?

Stoopid kwestion: Why're we focusing on the twentieth, now ?
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Dayvan Cowboy
b0qurant wrote:

Aphex Twin announcement. Probably going to be the secret ??????? release. I'm calling it now.
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Eagle Minded
Echelon wrote:
b0qurant wrote:

Aphex Twin announcement. Probably going to be the secret ??????? release. I'm calling it now.

Safe bet, I really hope it's in line with something like the Cheetah ep

Posts Quantity
Based on the marketing, it looks like an EP or more. Something beyond a bass station II

By the way, the date 10/20/2020 has been speculated about because of sixtyten. But I think the AFX news makes a mess of that theory!

Eagle Minded
writetomhatcher wrote:Based on the marketing, it looks like an EP or more. Something beyond a bass station II

By the way, the date 10/20/2020 has been speculated about because of sixtyten. But I think the AFX news makes a mess of that theory!

I feel stupid for asking this, but does "AFX" = Aphex Twin?

Posts Quantity
Davism wrote:
writetomhatcher wrote:Based on the marketing, it looks like an EP or more. Something beyond a bass station II

Yeah, AFX is to Aphex Twin as BoC is to Boards.

Polygon Window is also an Aphex Twin alias.

WARP re-released Polygon Window "Surfing On Sine Wave" (BRC-645) as part of this WARP 2020 Campaign 1 [originally released on 11 January 1993 by Warp].

WARP/Beatink campaign website below.

https://www.beatink.com/user_data/warp2020.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagle Minded
Davism wrote:

Yuss it duss. Sort'f a shorthand. Also RDJ (another Aphex-Twin acronym [there're so many]) has released music under "AFX" ... Analogue Bubblebath and Hangable Autobulb series, Analord, other stuff.
"Fall in love with some activity, and do it! Nobody ever figures out what life is all about, and it doesn't matter. Explore the world. Nearly everything is really interesting if you go into it deeply enough." - Richard P. Feynman

Friendly Stranger
b0qurant wrote:
Davism wrote:

Yuss it duss. Sort'f a shorthand. Also RDJ (another Aphex-Twin acronym [there're so many]) has released music under "AFX" ... Analogue Bubblebath and Hangable Autobulb series, Analord, other stuff.

Urban Dictionary says: ''Phonetic contraction of Aphex Twin, though considered a name in its own right.''

Eagle Minded
Fanks for the insoight, mates.

Posts Quantity
Today's the day and so far, nothing.
chronical wrote:Robots doing robot things

Eagle Minded
Here’s to chasing waterfalls

Boqurant
Echelon wrote:
b0qurant wrote:

Not the Aphex Twin announcement I was expecting, but Bleep just announced this today:
https://bleep.com/merch/208284-novation ... fx-station

Posts Quantity
Pretty anticlimactic AFX announcement today—we all saw the bass station II coming! But when does that new track drop? Will there be something like the Cheetah EP?

Anyways, the good news for us is the ??????? is still there on beatink. I’m wondering about the “BRC” for the catalog numbers—what does that stand for? SIGN is BRC-656, which is not too far from 666, which would make for a sick BOC connection, although that would only be for Japanese versions—but still, a possibility.

Eagle Minded
It's kinda like when Ralphie from the Christmas Story decodes the message and it says drink your Olvaltine.

Posts Quantity
Was kinda thinking BRC might stand for Beatink Record Campaign? It also seems that the BRC catalog numbers aren’t in sequence or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dayvan Cowboy
demo wrote:
Safe bet, I really hope it's in line with something like the Cheetah ep

Wow, if I actually bet on this outcome, I would have lost money. But I'm happy since that actually leaves some possibility open for something BOC related.

The chances of it being BOC related went up from 0.1% to 0.2% :lol:
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.

Happy Cycler
UNFOUNDED SPECULATION INCOMING!!!

When this thread hits 666 pages we will know more about BoC's next release.

Also, does anyone have a direct link to that page with the ????? on it? I can't seem to find it.

PreviousNext

Return to Boards of Canada