Depression

Random chat: movies, books, games, technology, etcetera.

Moderators: Mexicola, 2020k, Fredd-E, Aesthetics

Dayvan Cowboy
bah!

Dayvan Cowboy
Care to explain a little more? I've been heavily medicated for depression for about 6 years now. I've been on a shitload of different anti-depressants so I know what you're goin through.

Dayvan Cowboy
Last edited by kyriakos on Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eagle Minded
I wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better.
I send my love and hope to you. Feel better soon, kyriakos.
all I want is to be a housewife

Happy Cycler
I'm feeling the sting worse than ever, myself. It's been a really fucked up summer... and fall... and going into winter now...

I wish the best for the both of us and anyone else who may be caught in the same trap. It's no good at all.

Good luck, man!

Dayvan Cowboy
don't say that you can never be happy again. you can. I have thought that way. I too suffer from depression, especially in the winter months. just know that things will get better man

Dayvan Cowboy
Hey man,

I'm so sorry about your aunt! It's really hard to be close to losing someone you share such a relationship with.

I have struggled with depression for the last 6 years, and started medication a year ago. The thing I've realized is that being happy doesn't come from your circumstances, it comes from within you.

If you ever need someone to talk to, my AIM is antispectral.

Dayvan Cowboy
By the way, you should read about self-talk. Learning as much as I could about self-talk practically saved my life.

Check out these links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self_talk
http://lifematters.com/self_talk.asp

I'll be thinking about you.

Dayvan Cowboy
The winter months are awful. They've never really effected me until this year. Just as it turned cold I was getting seriously depressed.

Getting on Lexapro was the best thing I've ever done. I can't believe the sense of "balance" it brings. I had never been a believer in medication until earlier this year when I began my meds.

Dayvan Cowboy
thanks for the kind words everyone. really means a lot. i'm not sure if i'm ready for medication. don't really want anyone knowing how sad i am. i've told a few people but they don't really get it. i'll manage though. <3

Dayvan Cowboy
I have borderline schizophrenia and i'm on anti-depressants and valium ever since it was diagnosed about 16 years ago. It's not easy to live with but i'm still alive and that's not so evident! Keep you're head up kyriakos. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
Heads up my friend. Im really sorry to hear about your aunt. Sometimes you just wish you had an answer for things when really there isnt one. See things through to the end buddy. Things will get better. I think we all can relate to similiar situations so we are hear for you. I will be thinking about ya.

Posts Quantity
I have depression too, the last 2 years have been extremely tough on me. i've been thinking about medication, but i don't know how it truly affects you. . . like i feel that if i were on it i would lose a part of my self. can anyone provide some insight for me?

Dayvan Cowboy
doubleEntendre wrote:I have depression too, the last 2 years have been extremely tough on me. i've been thinking about medication, but i don't know how it truly affects you. . . like i feel that if i were on it i would lose a part of my self. can anyone provide some insight for me?

Well there are many anti-depressants. The problem is to find the good one for you that assists you in you're situation. It's best to seek out some medical advice from a good medical doctor, and as far as i know the affects from the medication doesn't change you're personality like lot's of people think they do! I tried out several before i found the good one! I'm still the same me but not so depressed all the time, and i'm grateful for that. :wink:

Dayvan Cowboy
ExitEuXa wrote:
doubleEntendre wrote:I have depression too, the last 2 years have been extremely tough on me. i've been thinking about medication, but i don't know how it truly affects you. . . like i feel that if i were on it i would lose a part of my self. can anyone provide some insight for me?

Well there are many anti-depressants. The problem is to find the good one for you that assists you in you're situation. It's best to seek out some medical advice from a good medical doctor, and as far as i know the affects from the medication doesn't change you're personality like lot's of people think they do! I tried out several before i found the good one! I'm still the same me but not so depressed all the time, and i'm grateful for that. :wink:

I couldn't have put it better myself. It might take a few different kinds before you know which one suits you best, but in the long run it's worth it. Like I said above, I've tried many different kinds before I finally decided to stick with Effexor. I've been on this for about 2 years and it has helped me emensly! This is a very common anti-depressant for 20-somethings that raises saratonin and also helps with mild anxiety. And no, it doesn't change your personality, if anything it's for the better. Unless of course you're on a ridiculous high mg which most likely wont happen.

Telepath
When you're barely getting by,
and you have a beastly day,
when life is hard to bare.
and rubs you the wrong way...
Just turn your eyes to heaven
and pause to say a prayer
that God will lift you up
and help you.

Hang in there

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:When you're barely getting by,
and you have a beastly day,
when life is hard to bare.
and rubs you the wrong way...
Just turn your eyes to heaven
and pause to say a prayer
that God will lift you up
and help you.

Hang in there

been praying every night for her ever since she was diagnosed. if the worst comes, no more praying. ever.

and that ram picture makes me sad :(

Telepath
kyriakos wrote:been praying every night for her ever since she was diagnosed. if the worst comes, no more praying. ever.

But if the worst doesn't come...would you devote your life to God? If someone say'd to you "If You don't do this,I will never believe you again" what would you say? Would you think "Oh man, I'd better get on it!"
God needs ya' but...don't demand things :D

Pea's!

Dayvan Cowboy
Cupz wrote:
kyriakos wrote:been praying every night for her ever since she was diagnosed. if the worst comes, no more praying. ever.

But if the worst doesn't come...would you devote your life to God? If someone say'd to you "If You don't do this,I will never believe you again" what would you say? Would you think "Oh man, I'd better get on it!"
God needs ya' but...don't demand things :D

Pea's!

its not that i would lose faith. i would just stop praying to him.

Telepath
kyriakos wrote:its not that i would lose faith. i would just stop praying to him.

becouse you think He doesn't listen?

Next

Return to The Playground